- Back to Home »
- 71 PER CENT EXPATRIATES LOSE JOBS IN PUBLIC SECTOR
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Nov 3, 2018
ABOUT 71% EXPATS LOSE JOBS IN PUBLIC SECTOR
The Saudi Arabian authorities have terminated more than 71% of the contracts of expatriates working in the public sectors, reported Al Watan newspaper. Related : No expats in Saudi government sector by 2020
However sectors like Education and Health in public sectors are still attracting expatriates in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Read : About 251 car showrooms closed due to violations on Saudization
- According to the recent released statistics by Ministry of Civil Service, 91% of expatriates working in the government sector had health and educational jobs.
- A statistical report by SAMA surveyed around 60,000 expats, who have jobs in the government sector. See Also : 251 managerial and technical jobs reserved for Saudis in private companies
- As per the report, overall number of government employees Saudis and expats tops 1.23 million dropping by 0.8% compared to the year 2016.
- In the overall numbers, Saudi women holding government jobs increased by 0.4% and reached 476,000 compared to 697,000 men whose number decreased by nearly 0.95% compared to the year 2016. Recommend : 3 million riyals fine and 5 year jails for rumor mongers in Saudi Arabia
- Saudis make up to 95.1% of government jobs while expatriates were 4.9% reaching 29,600 dropping by 12.7% compared to the year 2016 reported Albilad news.