- Back to Home »
- 251 CAR SHOWROOMS CLOSED ON VIOLATIONS OF NEW SAUDIZATION RULES
Oct 27, 2018
ABOUT 251 CAR SHOWROOMS CLOSED AFTER INSPECTIONS ON NEW SAUDIZATION
According to Saudi Press Agency report, Inspectors of Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia has recorded nearly 180 violations in a recent inspections of Saudization in car showrooms. Recommend : 251 managerial and technical jobs reserved for Saudis
As per the Saudization rule which effected on September 2018, car and bike showrooms, readymade clothing stores for men and children, home and office furniture shops, home appliances and kitchen utensils stores must ensure that 70% of their employees are Saudi citizens. Read : 3 million riyals fine and one year jail for spreading fake news in Saudi Arabia
- In the 2nd phase of Saudization which is going to effect from 9th November 2018, Electrical appliances and electronic shops, watches and clock shops and opticals store and eye wear shops must ensure 70% of jobs to Saudi nationals.
- In the 3rd phase of Saudization, which will effect from 7th January 2019, Medical equipment and supplies stores, building materials and hardware shops, auto spare parts stores, carpet and floor covering selling stores and sweet shops should ensure 70% of their staff are locals. See Also : Saudi launched 14 days tourist visa on sports events
- As per the estimation of local Saudi media, about 1.22 million expatriates may loose jobs after this restrictions.
- After the inspections of 2,702 automobile shops, Labor Ministry inspectors recorded 179 violations, In which 97 related to Saudization and 82 others reported in Saudi Press Agency (SPA). You May Also Like : Several shops closed down after Saudization effect
- About 377 warnings were issued to the companies and 251 companies found to be closed, A total of 2,307 were found in compliance with the new Saudization rules.