Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Probation Period regulations in Saudi Labor Law
It is very useful for the new expatriate to know his rights under latest Saudi Labor Law being in a probation period. This article will provide you knowledge about probation period of an employee which is mentioned in the Article 53 and Article 54 of latest Saudi Labor Law.
Every country has its own labor law which will guide both the parties 'Employer' and 'Employee' to stick on it in any hard situations.
Article 53 in Latest Saudi Labor Law :
- If an employee is subject to a probation period, the fact should be explicitly state and mention clearly with in the employment contract, Such probation period should not exceed 90 days. You May Also Like : Vacations and Leaves under Saudi Labor Law
- In case of both parties agrees in a document, The 90 days probation period can be extendable for another 90 days a total of 180 Days (As per 38 Amendments of Labor Law updated on 2015) exclusive of sick leaves and Eid al-Adha, Eid al-Fitr holidays.
- Each party shall have the right to terminate the contract during this probation period, unless the contract include a clause giving the right to terminate the contract to only one of them. Recommended : Public Holidays of 2016 in Saudi Arabia
Article 54 in Latest Saudi Labor Law:
- An employee should not be placed on probation period more than once by the same employer. Similar Article : Working Hours under Latest Saudi Labor Law
- As an exception to the above rule, An employee may, however, and with the approval of the contract parties, be subjected to another probation period of not more than 90 days on the condition that this period is for another work or profession.
- If the contract is terminated during the probation, neither party shall be entitled to compensation nor shall an employee be entitled to End of service award. Recommended : End of Service Benefits Award
- As per amended labor law, An employee can be placed on additional probation period with both parties agreed on a document, If the relationship between both the parties has expired for a period of 6 or more months. Read this also : Overtime under Saudi Labor Law