Ministry of Islamic Affairs to offer 8 Million copies of Holy Quran and its translations to Hajj pilgrims
The Ministry of Islamic Affairs in Saudi Arabia to distribute 8 million copies of the Holy Quran translations to the pilgrims this Hajj season. Trending : Saudi Arabia is offering 1 million sim cards with free internet to Hajj pilgrims
The launch of the program of distribution of publications in Hajj season this year 2019 by providing pilgrims with ritual books upon their entry into the Saudi Arabia. Recommend : Umrah visa visitors are now free to move anywhere in Saudi Arabia
- The distribution of gift of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques of the Holy Quran and translations of its meanings and some guiding books upon their departure.
- The aim of the program is to spread the legitimate awareness among pilgrims and calling for adherence to the correct method of belief, worship and behavior including guide to pilgrims to perform their proper rituals and informing about their religion. See Also : Saudi allowed businesses to remain open for 24 hours
- The titles of the books approved for Hajj this year and it is amounted to 52 titles in more than 30 languages and more than 8 million copies of the Holy Quran, translations of its meanings, ritual books and manuals will be distributed.
- The Islamic electronic library distributed to all international airports of Saudi Arabia exit port centers and some mosques, Ministry's written, read and audio versions of Hajj and Umrah books, all available at www.islamic-ebook.com
Saudi Arabia decided to allow businesses to remain open 24/7
The Council of Ministers and The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman in Saudi Arabia decided to allow businesses to remain open 24x7.
The decision of allowing businesses to remain open for 24 hours a day comes after considering many factors including extending support to the private sector, enhancing life during night, especially during summer in high temperatures.
- Businesses activities will be allowed to stay open 24x7 in return of a fee that will be specified later by the Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs.
- The decision is going to improve the quality of life in Saudi Arabia by raising satisfaction levels among residents and generating new opportunities for the business sector.
- However, It is not mandatory for businesses to be open round the clock and it their decision and it takes into account the security needs and social community.
- 24 hours trading can have a positive impact on the economy of the Kingdom spending and attracting capital investment. It will also boost other sectors like tourism, transport, communications and leisure, It will make more new job opportunities too.
- Saudi Arabia is committed to reduce the unemployment rate from 11.6% to 7% by generating more jobs for young Saudi people and increasing the role of the private sector and partnerships with it.
- In line with Saudi Vision 2030, People living in the Kingdom expects the relaxing of regulations governing business hours to have a positive impact on the overall economy by increasing consumer spending and meeting the needs of a larger consumer base.
- Shops will continue to close during prayer times, Some businesses may be excluded from paying ministry fee based on their business nature.
Saudi Arabia's King Salman orders to host 200 Christchurch attack victims for Hajj
Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz al Saud has ordered to host 200 people to perform Hajj this year from the families of the Christchurch mosque attack victims. Read : Saudi Arabia offers 1 million sim cards with free internet to Hajj pilgrims
The decision is a part of The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques hosting program, which is executed by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs annually, Earlier this week King Salman ordered to host 1300 pilgrims from all over the world and 1000 from the families of Martyrs of Palestine.
- The Minister of Islamic Affairs said it is a part of the Kingdom efforts to counter terrorism and support the families of those who are affected by the abnormable act that is contrary to all divine teachings and human values and principles.
- He also said the Ministry is working on following the procedures of inviting families of the victims with Saudi embassy in New Zealand and will provide all necessary for them to perform the Islamic ritual of Hajj. Related : Saudi Arabia orders to host 1000 Hajj pilgrims from the families of Martyrs of Palestine
Saudi Arabia is offering 1 Million SIM cards with free internet access to Hajj pilgrims
Saudi Arabia is offering one million SIM cards with free internet as gifts to the Hajj pilgrims this year upon their arriving at Jeddah's King Abdulaziz International Airport in the Kingdom. Read : Interesting facts of Hajj and Makkah
These initiative is the part of a program aimed to serve Hajj pilgrims who are interested to communicate with their relatives and friends back at home. Recommend : Health centers at Jeddah airport to operate 24 hours for serving Hajj pilgrims
- A field team is working 24 hours at airport to offer this service to the arriving Hajj pilgrims so that they can share their experience with their families, relatives and friends.
- These project is a part of an effort from Saudi Arabia to serve the Hajj pilgrims under the directions of the Saudi Arabia's King Salman and the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to allow the pilgrims to perform their rituals with ease. See Also : Simple guide for Hajj
Umrah visa pilgrims are now free to go around Saudi Arabia during their stay
Millions of Umrah pilgrims will now be able to move freely anywhere in the Saudi Arabia during their stay in the Kingdom, Earlier, Umrah pilgrims were restricted to be in 3 cities Makkah, Madina and Jeddah. Trending : No entries in Makkah without permit during Hajj season
This move to boost the tourism and the economy of Saudi Arabia as the pilgrims are allowed to visit any city of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during their stay on Umrah visa. Similar : Umrah visa applications closed till the Hajj season finishes
- A Royal decree has been prepared to apply this effect said the media minister to Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
- The Cabinet has decided to allow people coming to perform Umrah to visit outside of Makkah, Madina and Jeddah during their valid stay. Saudi Arabia to expect 8 million Umrah pilgrims visitors this year 1441 Hijri. Recommend : Saudi visit visas closed till Hajj season finishes
- The Saudi Vision 2030 aims to increase the capacity of Umrah pilgrims from 8 million to 30 million every year.
Partial Lunar Eclipse seen in Saudi Arabia
All the regions of Saudi Arabia witnessed partial moon eclipse Today late night starting from 11:00 PM to 2:00 PM reaching its peak at 12:30 PM on Wednesday.
Most of the Saudi citizens and expatriates offered Salat-ul-Kusuf prayer of 2 rakats in congregation during a lunar eclipse in Most of the mosques of Saudi Arabia.
- The partial eclipse can also be seen in Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe and South America in 3 hours said the head of the Department of Astronomy and Space at King Abdullah University in Jeddah as per the report of Saudi Gazette.
- He also pointed out that it is expected that one more lunar eclipse to be visible in the middle of 3rd month of the 1443 Hijri year, but it may not be visible for the people of Saudi Arabia.
Two Saudi youths saves 3 children after fire in house in Makkah
Two young Saudi men have been hailed as heroes of Social Media after their viral video of saving kids from a house fire.
According to Saudi Arabia's local news reports, The two young Saudi men heroically rescued three kids from a burning house on Monday, The incident video is from the Makkah city of the Kingdom and its became viral in the social media since its post.
- The viral video clip of social media shows, the 2 Saudi men can be seen working together to save the stranded children from the house.
- They climb on the house on tents near house and broke the windows glasses and saved three children one after one by pulling them out through the open window outside of house.
Banks in Saudi Arabia warned its Customers with online Fraudsters
Banks in Saudi Arabia has warned all the expatriates and citizens of the Kingdom to not to respond fraudulent messages, emails and calls. As the fraudsters come up now with innovative ways to cheat people. Similar : A Filipino expat won 200,000 Saudi riyals
Earlier, These fraudsters used to make calls and send Whatsapp or text messages, but now they are a step ahead as they are sending emails bearing bank logos and requesting users to update accounts, even asking personal information. Related : Fraud lottery prizes are hunting for unskilled expats
- These is not the first time Saudi Arabia banks are warning their customers from sharing any personal information or responding such fraudulent messages, emails and calls, which appeared from various sources with Saudi bank logos.
- The banks in the Kingdom are already alerting its customers to not to update their bank accounts in response to such fraudulent email messages which pretends to do maintenance systems or letters claiming to be from official or public names, requesting funds or donations. Read :
- The Communications and the Information Technology(CITC) has allocated a special number 330330 to alert fraud messages to the authorities for acting quickly, The Saudi banks has no role in pursuing and tracking the source of such fraudulent messages.
- Those fraudulent will be fined up to 2 million Saudi Riyals or will be jailed for up to 3 years in prison. Telecom providers STC also warned its customers to avoid logging into their banks through public WiFi hotspots. See Also : Money management tips for expats working abroad
Saudi Aramco announces hike in fuel prices in Saudi Arabia for Third Quarter of 2019
Saudi Arabia has raised and updated its new fuel prices in the Kingdom starting from Today (14th July 2019) for the locals at petrol pumps including Saudi citizens and expatriates. Trending : American delta flight engine fails mid air
The Octane 95 gasoline price has raised from 2.10 SR to 2.18 SR per liter and the Octane 91 price from 1.44 SR to 1.53 SR per liter for the third quarter of the year 2019, that is from July to September of this year. Recommend : Saudi Arabia has largest gold reserves in Arab world
- The domestic gasoline fuel prices are subject to change, rising and falling as per the changes in export price from Saudi Arabia to global markets said Saudi Aramco as per the report of Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
- The prices are in accordance with the procedures and managing the prices of approved energy and water products in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The 4th Quarter prices of 2019 to be updated in October 2019 by Saudi Aramco. Read : Check Iqama expiry date in new Absher.sa
American Delta Flight Engine fails Mid Air causing terrifying moments for Passengers
American Delta flight engine failure mid air caused passengers terrifying moments in the air, The plane was traveling from Atlanta to Balitmore, within one hour of take-off the pilot announced the flight is emergency landing.
The flight had to make an emergency landing in Raleigh, North Carolina after one of its engine failed mid air, The horrifying moment of orange sparks and a damaged engine was captured by one one of the passenger on-board.
- According to one of the passenger there was a loud noise and then suddenly red sparks started to come up into the cabin, While the other said they saw smoke in the cabin, It was getting hot and the air cut off, the flight was started slowing down.
- The moments on the flight was very scary, However they landed safely at Raleigh, where the airline handed all the passengers food vouchers of 30 USD as they were waiting for the next flight in Raleigh.
Saudi Arabia's King Salman to host 1300 Hajj pilgrims from all over the World, Excluding 1000 Pilgrims from Palestine
Saudi Arabia's King Salman has ordered to host 1300 pilgrims from 72 countries all over the world in this Hajj as part of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Guests Program for Hajj and Umrah. Trending : High tech smart cards for Hajj Pilgrims
These ordered is the evidence of the Saudi Arabia's efforts to take care of the interests of Muslims, The general supervisor of the program said the total number of beneficiaries of these program are 52,747 pilgrims from all over the world since its inaugurated.
- Before this last week, King Salman ordered to host 1000 Palestinian pilgrims from the families of martyrs to perform this year's Hajj. The ministry is following up the pilgrims travelling process through the embassies in Egypt and Jordan.
- The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah will also finalize all procedures needed for their travel to Saudi Arabia on private flights and offer various services to help them perform Hajj this year 2019.
Saudi Arabia has largest Gold reserves in Arab world
Saudi Arabia has topped in the Arab world and 16th in worldwide ranking for 323 tonnes of largest gold reserves. Trending : Saudi Arabia launches Gold card to attract international talent
After which Lebanon with 286.8 tonnes, Algeria with 173.6 tonnes, Libya with 116.6 tonnes, Iraq with 96.3 tonnes and Kuwait with 79 tonnes of gold reserve in Arab region. Similar : Expats are not allowed to work in Gold and Jewelry shops in Saudi Arabia
- India at 10th place with 600 tonnes of gold reserve, Pakistan with 64.6 tonnes, Philippines with 197.9 tonnes, Bangladesh with 14 tonnes, Sri Lanka with 19.9 tonnes, Indonesia with 78.5 tonnes and Nepal with 6.4 tonnes of gold reserve.
- Other Arab countries are also in the list, Jordan with 43.5 tonnes, Qatar with 37.5 tonnes, Syria with 25.8 tonnes, Morocco with 22.1 tonnes, UAE with 7.5 tonnes, Tunisia with 6.8 tonnes, Bahrain with 4.7 tonnes, Yemen with 1.6 tonnes and Oman with 0.02 tonnes of gold reserve. Read : Top 10 weakest currencies of the world
- The United States of America topped in the list of largest gold reserves with 8,133.5 tonnes of gold, After which Germany comes with 3,367.9 tonnes, Italy with 2451.8 tonnes, France with 2436 tonnes, Russia with 2119.20 tonnes and China with 1,864.3 tonnes of gold.