Jawazat in Saudi Arabia calls all Expats to register in Absher
The General Directorate of Passports in Saudi Arabia has called on all expats, who do not have absher accounts, and asked them to register for Absher service through Absher.sa portal as soon as possible.
The main reason of registering in Absher government service electronic portal is to be informed about the services and procedures implemented for expatriates, family members and employers to facilitate them and to save the time and effort by providing a quick and quality service.
- Most of the services in Absher portal allows expatriates or employers to avail for the electronic services without visiting or coming to the General Directorate of Passport departments in the Kingdom.
An Earthquake hits Saudi Arabia and Iran, No casualties report
An Earthquake hit in the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia and Sargaz region of Iran late on Wednesday (22 Jan) night at 10:27 PM local time as per the National Center of Meteorology.
The National Center of Meteorology tweeted that "A 3.9 Magnitude Earthquake on Richter scale is recorded in East of Harth - Saudi Arabia at 10:27 PM on 22nd Jan 2020" and A 5.0 magnitude Earthquake is recorded in South of Iran at 11:23 PM on 22 Jan 2020.
- The quake had no effect, No immediate report of casualties or damage has been reported yet.
A 3.9 Magnitude Earthquake on Richter scale is recorded in East of harth – Saudi Arabia at 22:27, 2020-01-22 "UAE time” According to the NCM “National Seismic Network.— المركز الوطني للأرصاد (@NCMS_media) January 22, 2020
A 5.0Magnitude Earthquake on Richter scale is recorded in South of Iran at 23:23, 2020-01-22 "UAE time” According to the NCM “National Seismic Network. Without any effect over the UAE— المركز الوطني للأرصاد (@NCMS_media) January 22, 2020
Procedure to check Iqama Expiry Date without Absher using MOL Inquiry Service
It is now possible to check your iqama expiration date without using Absher account or without logging into Absher account, The new procedure of checking iqama expiry date is online through Ministry of Labor inquiry service, It will display you Iqama expiry date in Gregorian date as well as in Hijri date. Trending : Dont's for Expats in Saudi Arabia
Procedure to check Iqama Expiration date through MOL (Ministry Of Labor) inquiry service :
1. Visit MOL website https://www.mol.gov.sa/IndividualUser/BasicInfo.aspx
2. Select language to 'English or Arabic' from page top, Enter your 'Iqama number' and 'Date of Birth'.
3. Choose the Date of Birth entry preference from Calendar by selecting 'Hijri' or 'Gregorian'. Once you select the Date of Birth, Enter verification code as seen in the image beside it and then click on "Next".
4. In the next page, You can see all your details including your Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, Iqama Number, Iqama expiration date and Mobile number.
5. Now, This way you can get your Saudi Iqama expiry date in both dates, Hijri and Gregorian through official Ministry Of Labor online Inquiry service.
Testing of Warning Sirens in Dammam & Eastern Province announced Saudi Civil Defense
The General Directorate of Civil Defense would like to inform you that it is going to test the warning sirens in Dammam (Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia) at 1 PM on Wednesday (22nd Jan 2020).
The aim of the sirens is to check the system's efficiency and capbility. Further tests will be conducted at a later time on the remaing warning in cities throughout the Eastern Province of the Kingdom. Thank you for your cooperation.
Notice:The General Directorate of Civil Defence would like to inform you that it will test the warning sirens in Al-Dammam (Eastern Province) at 1pm on Wednesday 27/5/1441H (22/1/2020) to check the system’s efficiency and capability. Thank you for your cooperation. pic.twitter.com/dE9XvxlJBK
— Saudi Civil Defense (@SaudiDCD_En) January 19, 2020
Procedure to check your Kafeel-Sponsor-Company Nitaqat status color online in Saudi Arabia
Nitaqat system is introduced to get more jobs to Saudi nationals in both private and public sectors. Depending on Saudi nationals in your company, your company may get Platinum status Or Green status or Yellow or Red category. Related : Yellow category of Nitaqat system is dropped in 2020
Take your iqama or one of your colleague iqama to check nitaqat system category of your company or kafeel (sponsor) allotted by Saudi ministry of labor. Follow the below steps to check.
1. Visit Saudi Ministry Of Labor website by following this link "www.mol.gov.sa".
2. Type your iqama (Muqeem) number in 2nd text box "رقم اللقامه " as shown in above image.
3. Enter image code in fourth box which is just below the image.
4. Press Enter or click on "بحث". You can also translate the page for your understanding in English by right clicking on the page and clicking 'Translate to English' in google chrome.
You can see any of the color Platinum, Green, Yellow or Red. Which is your kafeel or company nitaqat system with your name. If you are color is red you are free to transfer your sponsorship to any other company.
Why Saudi Arabia's Flag never Lowered? Even at the time of Mourning
Saudi Arabia's flag is not allowed to be lowered ever, Even at the time of mourning, Lowering the flag would be treated as insulting Islam or Allah or the Almighty. The rule does not apply to any other flag in the world except Saudi Arabia. See Also : Unbelievable things about Saudi Arabia
As per the Saudi flag law Article 13, It is not permissible to lower the Saudi Arabia's flag or the Kingdom's flag as that carries "Al-Shahada" in it, The Islamic testimony cannot be lowered.
What is Al-Shahada ?
Al-Shahada in Islam is the Islamic testimony of faith in which Muslims declares his Islam by saying Al-Shahada ( لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله ), There is No God but Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
- There is punishment for breaking the law of lowering Islamic testimony flag and it is 1 year Jail term and a fine of 3000 Saudi Riyals. Read : Few interesting facts about Hajj
- The Saudi National flag has been in use since 1973, Its green in color and it symbolizes Islam and the Arabic calligraphic script is the Islamic testimony, The sword in the flag is stating the strictness in applying justice.
AlBaik Restaurant opened its one more new Express branch
The Saudi Arabia's favorite restaurant AlBaik announced the opening of its new express branch in Madina Munawarra (The Prophet's city) at Alia Mall. Related : AlBaik locations in Riyadh
The branch is at intersection of Quba road and King Abdullah Road at Second ring road, The new AlBaik express provides Limited menu with all meals except broasted chicken of 4 and 8 pieces.
Location : https://goo.gl/maps/nkkW8x41h6y85gv46
يطيب لنا اليوم الإعلان عن إفتتاح مطعم البيك اكسبرس بـ #عاليه_مول في #المدينة_المنورة تقاطع طريق قباء مع طريق الملك عبدالله - الدائري الثاني— ®ALBAIK (@albaik) January 13, 2020
* #البيك_اكسبرس منيو محدود يوفر جميع الوجبات ماعدا وجبة الدجاج 4 و 8 قطع
📍 https://t.co/03dTN8TIfb#انتم_و_البيك_جيران#البيك pic.twitter.com/WlvGDGJ7I0
Saudi Arabia clarifies rules of new Entry visa for the Schengen, UK and US valid visa holders
Saudi Arabia clarifies the rules of new entry visa for the Schengen, United Kingdom and United States valid visa holders, These visa holders of any nationality can enter into Saudi Arabia without pre-entry visa. Trending : New Entry visa for Schengen, UK and US valid visa holders
However, There is a condition for them before entering, They can enter into Saudi Arabia only through the Saudi Airlines National carrier only. See Also : White snow blanket in some parts of Saudi Arabia
- The GACA (General Authority of Civil Aviation) in the Kingdom stated that this benefit is only for Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia), Flynass, FlyADeal and SaudiGulf Airlines.
- Only the above airlines are authorized to transport such visa holders, No other airline fro Abroad or Arab countries are allowed. The visitors can enter in Saudi Arabia only through Riyadh, Dammam or Jeddah International airports only.
Saudi Arabia witnesses Semi-Shadow Lunar Eclipse
The first lunar eclipse of the year 2020 is witnessed in Saudi Arabia and other Arab states on Friday, According to the Astronomical society of Saudi Arabia the lunar eclipse had lasted for 4 hours and 4 minutes on 10th Jan 2020. Trending : First White snow blanket of year 2020 in some regions of Saudi Arabia
The lunar eclipse semi-shadow started at 8:08 PM, when the moon starts entering the penumbra zone. The lunar eclipse reached its peak at 10:10 PM before reaching the full moon phase at 10:21 PM at ended at 00:12 AM of 11th Jan 2020. Read : Your health insurance to work now on your iqama in Saudi Arabia
- Few days back, Saudi Arabia witnessed Solar Eclipse with ring of fire, The event enjoyed many with their naked eyes, Even though the officials warned from watching any solar eclipse with the naked eyes.
- This year 2020 is going to be miraculous for most of the sky-watchers as there are more eclipses including solar and lunar eclipses is going to happen in this year. Here is the list of upcoming eclipses, which are going to visible from Saudi Arabia or other parts of the world.
- 26th December 2019 : Ring of Fire - Solar Eclipse
- 10th January 2020 : Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- 5th to 6th June 2020 : Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- 21st Jun 2020 : Partial Solar Eclipse
- 5th July 2020 : Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- 30th November 2020 : Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
- 14th December 2020 : Total Solar Eclipse
Saudi Arabia witnesses Snow blanket in some parts of its regions
Temperatures dropped below 0 degrees in some areas of Saudi Arabia on Friday, The Kingdom's northwestern regions blanketed by snow on 10th Jan 2020, Videos and Pictures of snowfall went viral on social media. Trending : Al Salam park of Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
The General Authority of Meteorology and called its residents and citizens to keep themselves warm and asked to not to go lonely places to avoid any accidents or incidents.
- The day of Friday seen snowfall at Tabuk, Neom, Jabal Al Noor and some other parts in northwestern regions of The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). Most Viewed : Large Hailstones heavy rains killed animals and damaged vehicles in Saudi Arabia
- The Saudi Arabia's Meteorology also predicted the upcoming weather report by stating Tabuk, Madinah, Hail and Al Jouf may see heavy rains and thunderstorms.
Picture of the Year 2020
Al Salam Park in Riyadh, One of the Largest park in the capital city of Saudi Arabia
Salam park is one of the finest and largest parks in the heart city of Riyadh, Its a point of get together for number of Individuals, families of Saudi citizens and residents of the Kingdom. Trending : King Abdullah Park in Al Malaz Riyadh
Salam park is a beautiful Nature park with fresh air, amazing greenery view, lake water front, boat ride and fountains, It also has water activities for children and adults.
- Entrance fee to the Al Salam park in Riyadh is 5.25 SR including Tax, You can spend a whole day in the park, you can also plan your lunch or dinner there, As it has a lot of space in grass. Read : Riyadh Zoo
- The Salam park has about 1300 date trees on a height and density, people can enjoy the freedom to choose shaded places to sit. It has Hillside Zone where the visitors can enjoy the views over the lake area and parkland area.
- Swimming and playing in the lake is not allowed in the Salam park, A large boat ride is available for the visitors for 10 SR on one round around the lake. Various kinds of small boats for kids and adults are available on reasonable cost.
- A corner of the Salam park has big balls in the lake, Where the small kids can go inside the ball and roll around in the lake for a charge of 10 SR. These park is a picnic spot for many of the visitors in the weekends and on Eid holidays. See Also : King Salman Park will be world's biggest park
The Philippine President calls Emergency meeting to evacuate its Nationals from Middle East
Philippines prepares to evacuate its nationals from Middle East, As per the International news, Philippine President Dutrete has ordered its military officials to get ready with equipment to help evacuates its nationals from the Middle East in case of conflicts break out suddenly. Trending : Filipinos are banned to work in these 25 countries
The President has called for an emergency meeting with the Philippine defense officials to discuss how United States and Iran tensions could impact the safety of its citizens living and working in the Middle East, especially from Iran and Iraq. See Also : New rules on domestic workers in Saudi Arabia
- The Philippine leader has called Congress for a special meeting to ensure that there are stand-by funds in case the Filipinos in the Middle East have to be repatriated. He said he is nervous, Iran seems to be bent on a retaliation, which he think will come, Its a matter of time he stated.
- Filipinos are living and working in the largest numbers in the Middle East, According to the sources, Every year there are one million Filipinos go to work there. It is also the largest source of cash remittance from overseas as per the data revealed by central bank. Read : OFWs can now travel to 63 countries without visa
- The department of defense in the Philippines said there are about 6000 Filipino citizens in Iraq and 1600 in Iran.