- Back to Home »
- OFFICIAL DISMISSED FOR YODA PICTURE ON TEXTBOOKS
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, September 27, 2017
MINISTRY DISMISSED AN OFFICIAL FOR PUBLISHING DOCTORED IMAGE OF YODA BESIDE KING FAISAL
Saudi Arabia's education minister dismissed an official from employment after a textbook was published with an image of Yoda (Star Wars character) alongside with former King Faisal. Trending : Women is allowed to drive in Saudi by June 2018
The black and white doctored image showing Yoda sitting beside King Faisal while he signed the UN Charter in the year 1945. Recommend : 19 profession's iqama will not be renewed anymore
- Originally it was created by a Saudi artist Shaweesh, he said it was a part of series in which he added film characters to photographs documenting major moments in Arab history.
- The ministry withdraw the textbook now and offered apologies and regrets over the inadvertent error, Now the ministry started an investigation to find out the origin of this error and started printing new copies of corrected textbooks. Similar : Proposal to fine online abusers
- It is unclear how it made its way to the textbooks of social studies for the current academic year, The doctored image reached social media and got attention from international media.
- The education minister Ahmad Bin Mohammad Al Eisa ordered those who has been reviewed and approved picture for school books will be dismissed and reinstated into their prior professions. New : Amnesty period for Filipinos from 25th Sept. 2017
- A committee will be formed headed by Deputy Minister to be formed with the specific aim of restructuring the department that handles curricula and educational programs.