- Back to Home »
- ONLINE ABUSERS MAY PENALIZE WITH 5000SR AND JAIL TERM
Sep 25, 2017
SHOURA COUNCIL PROPOSAL TO PENALIZE ONLINE ABUSERS
Shoura Council of Saudi Arabia to discuss amendments of anti-information crimes law, which also includes imprisonment and penalties for online abuse in the Kingdom. Most Viewed : Effect of social media
As per the proposed amendment, Any information service that can abuse on any individual or any company in any form, it will be treated as defamation. Abusers can face a penalty of 5000 Saudi Riyals including a jail term of at least one year. Recommend : Indian arrested for insulting Kaaba image
- In the same way, Any one who disclose confidential information of any individual or any company or try to access the information in any manner will also face the same fine of SR 5000/- including a jail sentence of 1 year.
- As the new technology improved in many ways, The Shoura committee try to pace with it by forming amendments on the transport, communications and IT. So that new forms of technologies may not misuse the collected information. Similar : MOI warns harmful social media users
- Online platforms and Social Media became the another concern of this issue, So the new measures and amendments can crackdown the misuse of it.
- Last month, Saudi Arabia's Public Prosecution called number of Twitter users and charged them for harming the public order and society. Related : Public Prosecution order on Harmful Social Media users
- Any individual social media user or any organization who shares the content like material, text or publication, that is harmful for society will be punished and penalized.