Posted by : Aahil Shaik Aug 27, 2017
A DRAFT PROPOSAL ON ILLEGAL EXPATS RESIDENCE PERMIT TO DISCUSS AFTER EID HOLIDAYS
The Kingdom's Shoura Council will discuss a draft law after Eid-Al-Adha holidays, which may allow illegal expatriates to get a residence permit on certain conditions as per the proposal proposed by former Shoura member Dr. Sadaqa Fadil as per the report published in Saudi Gazette. Most Viewed : Shoura proposes 40 working hours per week
The draft proposal includes to form a committee at the Ministry of Interior to study the capabilities of illegal expatriates in the Kingdom, This committee will get a power to grant residence permit to illegal expatriates, if they met certain conditions mentioned below. Recommend : Expats Grocery stores to shut down
- The few of mentioned conditions in the draft proposal are ,they should be Muslim and the age of them should be between 30 to 50 years with a condition of good health including written and spoken Arabic skills, should be stayed in the Kingdom for more than 5 years and his profession is required in the job market.
- The committee can also decide to deport that illegal expatriates, if their profession are reserved for Saudi citizens. The proposal of Dr. Fadil was rejected earlier by the Shoura Council as the issue was already addressed by the Saudi Arabia's broader laws. Trending : Tax on remittance of expats rejected
- Dr Fadil told in his proposal that illegal expatriates could create political problems, may increase crime, can impact the infrastructure and could see international pressure on Saudi Arabia to provide them with nationality and special care.
- Illegal expats in the Kingdom can involve in negative practices that can harm the society and can commit crimes and security problems. See this : Saudi to tax VAT from Jan 2018
- Saudi Arabia has already given a chance to illegal expatriates in 4 months amnesty period to leave the country in a legal way without any penalty and jail term, More than 600,000 illegal expats used this amnesty to return to their home country.
- After the amnesty period of 120 days, Currently the Saudi Arabia is tracking illegals expatriates on various crackdown campaigns to arrest and penalize illegal foreign workers. Read : Retirement Age in Saudi Arabia
Image Courtesy : Arab News