SHOURA VOTED FOR 40 WORKING HOURS & 2 DAYS OFF IN A WEEK FOR PRIVATE SECTORS
Saudi Arabia is now on the way to reduce working hours to 40 hours for employees in private sectors and grants them with a two day weekend holiday, Shoura Council voted in the favor of this proposal. Most Viewed : Penalty for weekend rule violation
This is not the first time in a year, It is the 2nd time Shoura Council voted for this proposal, In order to amend the articles 98, 100 and 104 of the new Saudi Labor Law, Now the decision is waiting for the King Salman approval on this proposal. Trending : Overtime calculations as per labor law
- This proposal is in the favor of 8.416 million Saudi citizen and expat employees working in the private sector, But the investors and employers seems to be not happy to provide you 40 working hours per week with a grant of 2 day weekend holiday after every 5 working days.
- Last year also Shoura Council stood by the proposal, but the government ask for reconsideration on it, The same proposal is approved by Shoura Council once again and the final decision is waiting for review from the King Salman. Recommend : Working hours in Labor law
- In the private sector about 2 million Saudi employees are waiting from last 20 months to resolve this decision taken by the Shoura Council for reducing the working hours with a 2 days weekend holiday.
- Last year the proposal was rejected and allowed citizens to work more than 9 hours per day, But it should not exceed 45 hours per week. Related : Probation period rule in labor law
- Will this time 40 working hours per week will get approval and become reality in Saudi Arabia or it will get rejection again like earlier.