Archive for December 2016
100% EXCISE OR SIN TAX ON TOBACCO PRODUCTS
Saudi Arabia is on the way to implement 100 percent excise tax or sin tax on tobacco and its related products, It is expected to be imposed in the second quarter of the year 2017 in the Kingdom, Value Added Tax(VAT) on other products will be on time in similar with GCC states starting from first quarter of 2018. Recommend : VAT tax on GCC from 2018
Fifty percent(50%) of VAT tax on soft drinks, Hundred percent(100%) of VAT tax on tobacco, related products and on energy drinks starting from the second quarter of the year 2017 as per the report of Fiscal Balance Program 2020. As per the statement of health minister its already passed the law. Related : Saudi Airport Building Charges on tickets
- The Kingdom's government 2020 program report revealed that Saudi Arabia was working on plans to include tax on "sugary snacks and drinks". As the country want to fight with diabetes and obesity in its population especially in the children. Trending : No religious festivals in Saudi Arabia
- Excise tax or Sin tax is a tax on harmful products that effects health on using it. Tobacco, Soft drinks, Fast food, Alcohol, Gambling all comes under Sin tax or excise tax. Similar : New tax on expats and companies from july 2017
- Implementing a 100% tax on tobacco and related products will bring down the smokers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Cigarette costs in the Saudi Arabia and other gulf countries are less compared to the international level.
- Saudi Arabia wants to combat smoking as it is one in the top list of smokers, It has 14 percent of teenage smokers and 7% of women smokers as per the report of World Health Organization, Adding 100% vat on it will surely bring down the numbers specially in teenagers below 18. See Also : No Tax on expatriates remittance
KING SALMAN ORDERS 100 MILLION SAUDI RIYALS HUMANITARIAN AID TO SYRIA
Saudi Arabia's King Salman has ordered to organize a humanitarian aid campaign in the Kingdom from 27th December to collect an amount of 100 million Saudi Riyals to help the disturbed Syria people.
- The Kingdom's King Salman has started the humanitarian aid campaign by donating its first amount of 20 million Saudi Riyals.
- Following the King Salman, Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Naif donated 10 million Saudi Riyals for this humanitarian aid campaign.
- Saudi's Deputy Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman donated 8 million Saudi Riyals to help the people who are suffering in Syria.
- From 27th December 2016, it will reach in the whole Kingdom including all regions to collect the humanitarian aid for Syria people as per the statement of Saudi Press Agency in Saudi Arabia.
- This Humanitarian aid is help for the painful people of Syria who are suffering and in difficult situations specially for those who are displaced and evacuated from Aleppo and other areas in Syria.
- The King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Works will be in touch with the related NGO authorities to provide food, shelter, medicines and aid items to the effected people.
IS CELEBRATING OR GREETING CHRISTMAS IS ALLOWED IN SAUDI ARABIA?
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a pure Islamic country with a 100 percent of Muslim citizens population, It is strictly prohibited to celebrate Christmas openly in Saudi Arabia, So Santa is not welcome here. Trending : New fee on Saudi Expats from 2017
It is not permissible for a Muslim to greet Christians with a greeting message of "Happy Christmas" or "Merry Christmas". As it clearly means "Happy God's Birthday or God's son Birthday". It is directly contradicting with the Quranic Verse "ALLAH DID NOT GIVE BIRTH NOR HE WAS BORN" (Quran, 112:3). Recommend : Benefits of GOSI for expats
- If you greet them, It means you endorse their faith as per scholars, However in order to not hurt other people feelings you can greet them as "Happy Holiday" or you can provide them a gift.
- Even Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) birthday celebration is not allowed to celebrate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as it is treated to be a new innovation in the Islamic religion, So any new innovations in the Islamic religion are strictly prohibited. See Also : Procedure to register on GOSI online as contributor
- Muslims did not celebrate Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) birthday until four centuries after his death, Later the practice was started in Egypt and the date of Prophet birth and date was chosen for the celebration. Read Also : Check your all salary details online in the Kingdom
- The date of birth of Prophet Muhammad(Peace Be Upon Him) and Prophet Jesus(Peace Be Upon Him) is unknown. Christians did not celebrate the birth of Christ for the first three centuries after jesus, Later it was started said by Dr. Bilal Philips. Hot : Saudi Arabia new currency from 2017
Dec 24, 2016
NEW EXPAT LEVY FEE TO START FROM JULY 2017
Saudi Arabia's new budget for the year 2017 brings new and unexpected things for expatriates and companies by "Introducing a levy fee on expats who have dependents starting from July 2017" . The expat dependents fee is started to collect by Jawazat at the time of Iqama renewal or at the time of exit re entry. Trending : New rates of soft drinks and tobacco products after selective tax
- Most of the companies are planning to deduct the expat levy fee from employee salary, This fee is excluded for domestic expat workers. Related : VAT Tax in Saudi Arabia from Jan 2018
From 1st July 2017 :
- Starting from the 1st July 2017, Expatriates have to pay yearly SR 1200/- riyals (ie,. SR 100/- per month) tax on each dependent or sponsored person, The fee should be paid to the Passports Office at the time of iqama renewals.
- It means, If you sponsor two persons you need to pay monthly 200 Saudi Riyals (ie,. SR 2400 per year). The estimation revenue from this fee government will get about One Billion Saudi Riyals only for the year 2017.
For the Year 2018 :
- 200 Saudi Riyals fee per month (ie,. SR 2400 per year) on each and every expatriate dependent or sponsored person.
- A monthly tax of 400 Saudi Riyals on each employee, If the company's expatriate employees are more than Saudi employees.
- A tax of 300 riyals monthly on each employee of the company whose foreign employees or expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees.
- The estimation revenue by applying this rules will get the amount of 24 Billion Saudi Riyals. Trending : Register as contributor on GOSI online for free
For the Year 2019 :
- A monthly fee of 300 Saudi Riyals (ie,. SR 3600 per year) for expatriates on each person or dependent they are sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 600 Saudi Riyals on each employee of the company whose foreign or expatriate employees are more than Saudi Employees.
- A tax of 500 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees. Most Viewed : 4 Balochs as one expat under nitaqat program
- The estimation amount of the revenue for the year 2018 is about 44 Billion Saudi Riyals.
For the Year 2020 :
- A fee of 400 Riyals per month on each dependent person expatriate is sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 800 Saudi Arabian Riyals on each and every employee in the company whose expatriate employees are exceeding Saudi citizen employees.
- A tax of 700 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate or foreign employees are less than the Saudi citizen employees.
- The estimation revenue amount from this tax is about 65 Billion Saudi Riyals. See Also : Benefits for GOSI contributors
GET GOSI CERTIFICATE ONLINE & CHECK YOUR EMPLOYMENT & SALARY HISTORY
GOSI (General Organization for Social Insurance) contributors can easily get their e-Gosi certificate just by logging into their account. It is a valid and valuable proof of your employment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. If you do not have account yet you can " Register in GOSI as contributor for free".
CHECK EMPLOYMENT HISTORY DETAILS IN GOSI :
OCCUPATION HISTORY :
By logging into GOSI online as contributor, You can view your whole personal details like "Contributor number", "Iqama Number", "Current Salary", "Housing Benefit", "Date of Birth", "Iqama Profession", "Company name", "Joining Date", Nationality, "Field Office", etc,. in the "CONTRIBUTION HISTORY" tab and My Profile tab of electronic GOSI. Most Viewed : Benfeits of onine GOSI Registration
HISTORY & CURRENT SALARY :
- Current Wage or Salary History in electronic General Organization of Social Insurance(GOSI) will give your whole salary information from the date you joined the current company to till date. Recommend : Saudi Arabia launches new designed Riyals
MODIFY CONTACT DETAILS IN GOSI :
- As contributor of e-GOSI you can easily edit or modify your details like "Wasel Address", "P.O.Box Address", Phone number, Email etc,. See Also : Saudi Customs stopped a man carrying gold
GENERATE GOSI CERTIFICATE :
Go to "Certificates & Letters" tab in online GOSI, Now choose certificate type as "Certification of contributor months and wages INT", Then click on "GENERATE". Now you can view, save or download your online GOSI E-CERTIFICATE. Read this : Four Balochs as one expat in new Saudization
BENEFITS OF GENERAL ORGANIZATION OF SOCIAL INSURANCE FOR CONTRIBUTORS
If an employee or GOSI(General Organization of Social Insurance) contributor is injured in occupational injury or employment injury then he will be entitled to get free Medical Treatment and a cash compensation from GOSI. Employment Injury is a work related injury with permanent disability or temporary disability.
To be eligible from GOSI benefits, Injured employee or his person must notify it to employer within 7 days of injury occurrence, Then employer must notify it to GOSI field office as employment injury. To be considered as employment injury it should be any one of the below things. Recommend : Register for GOSI online for free
- Accident at work place or Injury on the work.
- Accident at the time of going home or for lunch or for prayer from work place or coming work place from home, lunch, performing prayer.
- Disease caused by work. Similar : Procedure to Claim Death compensation
Daily Allowances : Employees who are temporary disabled due to employment injury will get a daily allowances including weekends and holidays till the disability recover. GOSI will provide 100% daily allowance of the contributory wage, If the person is under treatment of GOSI then the allowance will be 75% only.
Medical Treatment : In case of employment injury, GOSI will take care of all the expenses in the treatment till it recover. Related : Death compensation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Death or Permanent Disability Compensation : In case of death or permanent disability of an employee in the work place, Contributor will get an amount of 84 months salary based on the last 3 month average salary, In anyway it should not be exceed 330,000/- Saudi Riyals. Trending : Notice period as per Saudi Labor Law
PROCEDURE TO REGISTER ON GENERAL ORGANIZATION OF SOCIAL INSURANCE ONLINE
All the companies in Saudi Arabia registers their employees as contributors in GOSI (General Organization of Social Insurance) by paying certain amount of employee salary for their social security and health. Similar : Benefits of registering on GOSI online
In case of permanent disability or death in working place due to any accidents, GOSI will pay amount about 330,000/- Saudi Riyals as compensation to you or your family. Trending : Kawadir Jobs portal form Ministry Of Labor
- To get eligible for this amount you need to be a contributor in GOSI and you should register for it online. Every company pays certain amount to GOSI as contribution for each employee, Now you only need to register it online.
PROCEDURE TO REGISTER AT GOSI(GENERAL ORGANIZATION FOR SOCIAL INSURANCE) ONINE :
1. Follow the official link of "GOSI" and click on Register and then ' AS CONTRIBUTOR', You can switch between the 'العربية' or 'English' language from the top.
2. Now Choose I am a Non Saudi or Saudi then enter your "Iqama Number" if you are an expat and "National Id" if you are a Saudi citizen. See Also : New Saudization Program
- Enter Email address, Confirm Email Address, Password, Confirm Password, Mobile Number, Confirm Mobile Number, Image code as seen in the below image, You may need to agree terms sometimes by clicking on small box.
- Now, Click on "Submit", Now you will get a sms code on the mentioned mobile number, Enter the received code in next page, Now you are successfully registered, Now you can login into GOSI by entering iqama number and the password you choose. Read this : Training period in Saudi Labor law
NOW 4 BALOCHS AS 1 EXPAT IN NITAQAT PROGRAM
Good news for Baloch residents living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, As they are going to calculate in Nitaqat program as quarter point instead of one point, It means more jobs and opportunities to them. Trending : Saudi Arabia launched its new currency
Saudization program will now calculate four Balochs as one expatriate in the nitaqat zone, It is also reported in Al Watan Arabic daily and Saudi Gazette news. Most Viewed : Iqama transfer conditions in Nitaqat
- Turkmenistan citizens, Burmese citizens, Palestinians(with Egyptian travel documents) and now Balochs will be calculate as quarter point under Nitaqat, It means 4 people from any of these nationality will be calculate as only one expat.
- Now companies can take the benefit from it by hiring workers from any of these four countries, But the workers from these categories should not exceed more than 50% of the employees in the company. Related : Above 60 years expat will calculate as 2 expats in Nitaqat
- Balochs are the people who lives in Balochistan region which covers the regions of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Arabian Peninsula and Iran.
- Balochs are of 3 categories, First with Pakistani Nationality, Second who are with Saudi Nationality and the third without any nationality but holding Iqamas and residence permits from Saudi Arabia. Similar : New Mawzoon Balanced nitaqat program
- Balochs are mostly in Eastern region, Few of them are in Industrial cities of Jubail and Ras Tannourah, Most of them are working in oil companies jobs and government jobs.
- Few Balochs are working in agriculture farms and cattle herding in Riyadh and Qassim, In Jeddah and Makkah mostly they will be seen as drivers or working in shops. See Also : Check your sponsor nitaqat color
SAUDI ARABIA LAUNCHED NEW DESIGNS OF RIYAL NOTES & COINS
Saudi Arabia's King Salman last year officially launched the the new designed Saudi currency notes and coins with its first set of all categories of notes and metal coins.
The new currency reveal the new faces of Two Riyals (SR2) coin, One Riyal (SR1) coin, 50 Halalas coin, 25 Halalas coin, 10 Halalas coin, 5 Halalas coin and 1 Halala coin with the printed year of 2016 and 1438 on it.
- New Two Saudi Riyals coin and One Saudi Riyal coin have a image of King on the back side of the coin, While in 50 Halalas, 25 Halalas, 5 Halalas and 1 Halala coins backside have Saudi symbol of Palm tree and two swords.
- New Five Hundred Saudi Riyals(SR 500) contains the image of the Holy Mosque Makkah, image of Kingdom's King and the Emblem of Saudi Arabia(Palm tree with 2 swords).
- New One Hundred Saudi Riyals(SR 100) contains the image of the Holy Mosque Madina, Image of the Saudi's King Salman and Saudi Emblem symbol of Palm tree with two swords on it.
- New Fifty Saudi Riyals(SR 50) contains the image of the Al Aqsa(Palestine) Mosque, The image of the Saudi Arabia's King Salman and the Saudi Emblem.
- Similarly, The New 10 Riyals(SR 10) and 5 Riyals(SR5) notes also launched, No more 20 Saudi Riyals note and 1 Riyal Note.
- The sizes of the notes are similar to the old notes size, SAMA gets its new name as Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority on new currency, Earlier SAMA was Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency.
SAUDI ARABIA'S NEW NOTES & COINS DESIGNS
The Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA) has started sharing the new Saudi Arabian currency notes and coins into the public. From the SAMA's Jeddah main branch one can exchange about 3215 Saudi Riyals. However, The new currency still needs to reach some banks in Saudi Arabia, So its still not available in some ATM's, So this month salaries will be in old currency only for few people. Trending : Saudi launched its new currency
The 6th edition of Saudi Arabian new currency designs from SAMA brings the below new things on its paper notes and metal coins. Most Viewed : One Riyal and Two Riyals coins introduced in Saudi Arabia
- The picture of the two Holy Mosques on paper notes and coins.
- The image of The Custodian of Two Holy Mosques and Saudi Arabian King Salman. Video : Saudi Arabia new currency notes and designs
- Renamed name of Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency as Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA).
We can see the new designs of paper notes of SR5, SR10, SR50, SR100 and 500 Saudi Riyals and the coins of 1 Halala, 5 Halala, 10 Halala, 25 Halalas, 50 Halalas, 1 Riyal and 2 Riyals.
- The 6th release of the banknotes and coins are on the top technical level as it is carrying strongest security marks amid affirmation.
- The new currency has added security lines and new features, It is hard to forgery the new release of metal coins and paper currency. The Kingdom has set a period of one year for finishing the replacement duration.
NEW CURRENCY WITH 1 & 2 RIYALS COINS TO BE INTRODUCED IN SAUDI ARABIA
In the ruling of King Salman bin Abdulaziz, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is about to replace the one Riyal paper note with a metal coin in its 6th release of banknotes and coins. More information about this will be reveal officially on this Tuesday. Hot Topic : Report labor violation in Saudi and get reward
One of the official person from the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA) said the release of new currency will be revealed this Tuesday with new designs and it will be more secure in reducing forgery operations. Trending : Riyadh Cleaner became celebrity overnight
- SAMA (Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority) is planning to stop printing of 1 Saudi Riyal note. It is in report that instead of SR1 note there will be a coin of SR 1/- and SR 2/-.
- The main aim of SAMA and Government is to make sure atleast 80% of the people in Saudi Arabia use electronic money instead of cash. As of now 84% of the Saudi population is using cash for paying various transactions instead of electronic money. Most Viewed : No Umrah visa fee for first Umrah in each Islamic year
- The 6th release of the banknotes and coins are on the top technical level as it is carrying strongest security marks amid affirmation. As of now SAMA does not have any intend for issuing SR 1000/- note.
- The new currency has added security lines and new features, It is hard to forgery the new release of metal coins and paper currency. The Kingdom has set a period of one year for finishing the replacement duration. Recommend : End of Whatsapp for millions of users from 2017
- According to the General Authority of Statistics, Saudi economy is grown by 1.5% in the first half of 2016 compared to 4.1% in the second half of 2015 said Ahmed Al-Kholifey the governor of Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA).
- Ahmed Al-Kholifey also said that as per the latest review of statistics authority in September the inflation rate is dropped by 3% since the beginning of the year. Related : Money Exchange center loose billions
DAMMAM AIRPORT CUSTOMS STOPPED MAN FROM SMUGGLING GOLD 3.59 KG
Saudi Arabia's customs department stopped a man carrying 3.599 kilograms of gold from Dammam's King Fahad International Airport (KFIA). Most Viewed : Indian Government sets limit on gold per family
A passenger arrived in Saudi Arabia was trying to smuggle 3.599 kg of gold by hiding it in his underwear, shoes socks and in the undergarment called corset, corset is used to support an injured back or some people use it to shape their figure. Trending : Riyadh sweeper gets gold and gifts
- Customs department chief 'Yousef Al Zakan' at King Fahad International Airport said appropriate action have been taken against the passenger, who try to smuggle gold without paying customs fee for carrying 3.599 kilograms of gold as per the article published in Al Arabiya news. See Also : No Umrah Visa fee for first time in each Islamic year
- All the passengers who are arriving to Saudi Arabia or departing from Saudi Arabia should declare, If they are carrying above SR 60,000/- which is equivalent to 16,000$, whether it is amount of money or precious metals. Related : Cash limit or gold metals allowed to carry through Saudi Arabia's Airports
- All Passengers must fill the form and should declare if they are carrying cash or precious metals worth above 60,000 Saudi Riyals or 16,000 United States Dollars.
- Declaring the information in the customs form will subject it to one's legal accountability said Zakan, Dammam's King Fahad International Airport custom officer. Read this : Claim flight delay compensation in Saudi Arabia
KERALA MAN ATTENDS HIS OWN MARRIAGE ON A VIDEO CALL
Marriage is a memorable day in everyone's life, Some people may dream and plan about it from their childhood, But things will not be in favor all the time, As once you grown you will show more commitment towards your work and career. Most Viewed : India limits on gold per each family member
A story of one Kerala guy named Harris from Kollam district, who was unable to attend his own marriage physically as he did not get leave from company due to work commitments in Saudi Arabia. But he ended up marrying online on a video call. Trending : Expat mother arrested for receiving money
- Harris attended his own marriage on a video call and his sister performed groom role all in a traditional way on his behalf. Read this : Rules for women marrying Saudi Man
- As the marriage was planned in Advance, He do not want to postpone his wedding, so he decided to attend his own marriage far from thousands of kilometers in Saudi Arabia through a online video call. Recommend : NRI's can exchange old currency in 4 ways
- This Kerala guy is working as a marketing manager in one of private company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. His wife is working as a nurse in one of government hospital, All the relatives and friends attended this marriage as normal.
- As the Saudization program is benefiting more jobs to Saudi citizens, Expats and NRI's are worried about their jobs and careers in Saudi Arabia. Keralites are working in maximum quantity in the Gulf states. See Also : Indians sending less money to families
NO MORE UMRAH VISA FEE FOR FIRST UMRAH IN A ONE ISLAMIC YEAR
Good news for all the Muslim people all over the world and for those who aspire to perform Umrah without paying 2000 Saudi Riyal Umrah visa fee. Yes you are reading right now you can perform without paying Umrah visa fee. Trending : Saudi Visit Visa fee as per nationalities
No more Umrah visa fee for the first Umrah of every Islamic year, But for the second Umrah in the same Islamic year you have to pay 2000 Saudi Riyals as Umrah visa fee. Most Viewed : Pay for Medical Insurance with KSA Visit Visa
- It means if you already did Umrah in the current Islamic year and you want to perform again then you have to pay Umrah visa fee. Recommend : New family visit visa fee in Saudi Arabia
- If you perform Umrah last Islamic year and now you want to perform Umrah again, You can perform it with out paying Umrah visa fee.
- This information is received from Haramain people on their Facebook. If you are still confuse on it, then you can follow the below method or contact your local agent for more information. See Also : Visa Categories applicable for new visa fee
CHECK UMRAH VISA FEE FOR THE CURRENT ISLAMIC YEAR :
You can also check the Umrah visa fee applicable for you by using your passport number.
1. Follow the link of Government E-services Haj portal "Eservices.Haj.Gov.sa"
2. Enter your "Passport Number", Then select your "Nationality" country, Now enter the image code shown just below the box and then "Submit".
- If you did not perform Umrah for the current Islamic year it will show you a message "Not required to make payment for Umrah Visa".
-If you already performed Umrah in the current Islamic year, It will show you a fee amount equivalent to SR 2000/-. Read this : Labor receives gifts and gold with effect of Social Media
STREET CLEANER BECOME A CELEBRITY OVERNIGHT
A Bangladeshi street sweeper in Riyadh city of Saudi Arabia has became a celebrity overnight in social media. As one of his picture became viral in the Kingdom through Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Trending : End of Whatsapp for millions of users in 2017
An Instagram user teased this cleaner by posting a picture of this street sweeper looking at gold in a jewelry shop, he added a caption on it "He looks as though he is seeing trash". Related : MOI warns harmful comments about Islam
- But his post reaction came in the support of this Bangladeshi cleaner as many users commented they will financial assist this guy, if he found.
- Abdullah Al Qahtani with twitter account Ensaniyat (Humanitarianism) started a campaign to find this man available in the image. He asks if some one know this man get touch with him as one gold set is waiting for him. Most Viewed : Indian arrested for Photoshop the image of Kaaba
- Few twitter users identified the location of this image through the visibility in reflection of glass on this photo.
- Turki Al Dajam, An executive at a Saudi sports channel, showed in a Snapchat video, Abdul Karim choosing a gold set. He also post some photos of this cleaner with his new gifts. See Also : Saudi Municipality shuts shop for refusing customer
- 65 year old Abdul Karim was delighted with the gifts, He said, He saw someone taking his picture, But he did not expect it resulted in this way.
- Saudi people are overwhelming and ready to help others, The picture was taken to insult this old man, But the result from Saudi and Expats was only love. There are few people who use social media, But the above story set the example of inspiration to take in a positive way. Recommend : King Abdullah Park in Al Malaz Riyadh