- Back to Home »
- RELIGIOUS OR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS NOT ALLOWED
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, December 24, 2016
IS CELEBRATING OR GREETING CHRISTMAS IS ALLOWED IN SAUDI ARABIA?
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a pure Islamic country with a 100 percent of Muslim citizens population, It is strictly prohibited to celebrate Christmas openly in Saudi Arabia, So Santa is not welcome here. Trending : New fee on Saudi Expats from 2017
It is not permissible for a Muslim to greet Christians with a greeting message of "Happy Christmas" or "Merry Christmas". As it clearly means "Happy God's Birthday or God's son Birthday". It is directly contradicting with the Quranic Verse "ALLAH DID NOT GIVE BIRTH NOR HE WAS BORN" (Quran, 112:3). Recommend : Benefits of GOSI for expats
- If you greet them, It means you endorse their faith as per scholars, However in order to not hurt other people feelings you can greet them as "Happy Holiday" or you can provide them a gift.
- Even Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) birthday celebration is not allowed to celebrate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as it is treated to be a new innovation in the Islamic religion, So any new innovations in the Islamic religion are strictly prohibited. See Also : Procedure to register on GOSI online as contributor
- Muslims did not celebrate Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) birthday until four centuries after his death, Later the practice was started in Egypt and the date of Prophet birth and date was chosen for the celebration. Read Also : Check your all salary details online in the Kingdom
- The date of birth of Prophet Muhammad(Peace Be Upon Him) and Prophet Jesus(Peace Be Upon Him) is unknown. Christians did not celebrate the birth of Christ for the first three centuries after jesus, Later it was started said by Dr. Bilal Philips. Hot : Saudi Arabia new currency from 2017