NO INCOME TAX BUT NEW FEE ON EXPATS FROM JULY 2017
Saudi Arabia's new budget for the year 2017 brings new and unexpected things for expatriates and companies "Introducing a new fee on expatriates with dependents starting from July 2017" . The expat dependents fee is about to collect by Jawazat at the time of Iqama renewal.
- No Income Tax on expatriates or citizens of Saudi Arabia. Recommend : Proposal of 6% tax on expats remittance
- Introducing a new fees on expats those have dependents starting from 1st July 2017, this fee is excluded for domestic expat workers. Related : VAT & Sin Tax in Saudi from 2018
For the Year 2017 :
- Starting from the July 2017, Expatriates have to pay monthly SR 100/- riyals tax on each dependent or sponsored person, The fee should be paid to the Passports Office at the time of iqama renewals.
- It means, If you sponsor two persons you need to pay monthly 200 Saudi Riyals. The estimation revenue from this fee government will get about One Billion Saudi Riyals only for the year 2017.
For the Year 2018 :
- 200 Saudi Riyals fee per month on each and every expatriate dependent or sponsored person.
- A monthly tax of 400 Saudi Riyals on each employee, If the company's expatriate employees are more than Saudi employees.
- A tax of 300 riyals monthly on each employee of the company whose foreign employees or expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees.
- The estimation revenue by applying this rules will get the amount of 24 Billion Saudi Riyals. Trending : Register as contributor on GOSI online for free
For the Year 2019 :
- A monthly fee of 300 Saudi Riyals for expatriates on each person or dependent they are sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 600 Saudi Riyals on each employee of the company whose foreign or expatriate employees are more than Saudi Employees.
- A tax of 500 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees. Most Viewed : 4 Balochs as one expat under nitaqat program
- The estimation amount of the revenue for the year 2018 is about 44 Billion Saudi Riyals.
For the Year 2020 :
- A fee of 400 Riyals per month on each dependent person expatriate is sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 800 Saudi Arabian Riyals on each and every employee in the company whose expatriate employees are exceeding Saudi citizen employees.
- A tax of 700 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate or foreign employees are less than the Saudi citizen employees.
- The estimation revenue amount from this tax is about 65 Billion Saudi Riyals. See Also : Benefits for GOSI contributors