Dec 22, 2016
NEW EXPAT LEVY FEE TO START FROM JULY 2017
Saudi Arabia's new budget for the year 2017 brings new and unexpected things for expatriates and companies by "Introducing a levy fee on expats who have dependents starting from July 2017" . The expat dependents fee is started to collect by Jawazat at the time of Iqama renewal or at the time of exit re entry. Trending : New rates of soft drinks and tobacco products after selective tax
- Most of the companies are planning to deduct the expat levy fee from employee salary, This fee is excluded for domestic expat workers. Related : VAT Tax in Saudi Arabia from Jan 2018
From 1st July 2017 :
- Starting from the 1st July 2017, Expatriates have to pay yearly SR 1200/- riyals (ie,. SR 100/- per month) tax on each dependent or sponsored person, The fee should be paid to the Passports Office at the time of iqama renewals.
- It means, If you sponsor two persons you need to pay monthly 200 Saudi Riyals (ie,. SR 2400 per year). The estimation revenue from this fee government will get about One Billion Saudi Riyals only for the year 2017.
For the Year 2018 :
- 200 Saudi Riyals fee per month (ie,. SR 2400 per year) on each and every expatriate dependent or sponsored person.
- A monthly tax of 400 Saudi Riyals on each employee, If the company's expatriate employees are more than Saudi employees.
- A tax of 300 riyals monthly on each employee of the company whose foreign employees or expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees.
- The estimation revenue by applying this rules will get the amount of 24 Billion Saudi Riyals. Trending : Register as contributor on GOSI online for free
For the Year 2019 :
- A monthly fee of 300 Saudi Riyals (ie,. SR 3600 per year) for expatriates on each person or dependent they are sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 600 Saudi Riyals on each employee of the company whose foreign or expatriate employees are more than Saudi Employees.
- A tax of 500 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees. Most Viewed : 4 Balochs as one expat under nitaqat program
- The estimation amount of the revenue for the year 2018 is about 44 Billion Saudi Riyals.
For the Year 2020 :
- A fee of 400 Riyals per month on each dependent person expatriate is sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 800 Saudi Arabian Riyals on each and every employee in the company whose expatriate employees are exceeding Saudi citizen employees.
- A tax of 700 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate or foreign employees are less than the Saudi citizen employees.
- The estimation revenue amount from this tax is about 65 Billion Saudi Riyals. See Also : Benefits for GOSI contributors