- Back to Home »
- Al Sudais , Makkah , MAKKAH UPDATES , Mataf , Saudi Riwaq »
- Mataf expansion named as "Saudi Riwaq" at the Makkah Grand Mosque
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, May 22, 2023
Mataf expansion named as "Saudi Riwaq" at the Makkah Grand Mosque
The Saudi Riwaq is the name that has been given to the Mataf expansion at the Grand Mosque in Makkah with royal sanction. Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Sudais, head of the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, made this statement. See Also : Know the boundaries of Makkah Grand Mosque
"The Saudi Riwaq, which includes the Mataf expansion project behind the Abbasid courtyard, surrounding the Holy Kaaba's courtyard, was established when King Abdulaziz, the founder of Saudi Arabia, ordered the Grand Mosque's expansion to accommodate the rising number of pilgrims," said Al-Sudais.
- He remarked that the project started under King Saud's rule in 1955 and proceeded under King Faisal's and King Khalid's rule before being completed under the rule of King Fahd, King Abdullah, and King Salman. Read more : Procedure to request entry permit into Makkah during Hajj
- He continued, "The Saudi Riwaq has four floors and can hold 287,000 worshippers, or 107,000 pilgrims every hour. Additionally, more high-quality area had been added for worshippers.
- "The heat-resistant marbles in Mataf also brought about a historical change in the circumambulation movement. The smoothness and comfort of the circumambulation were significantly impacted by it.
- "Anyone who sees what the Grand Mosque was like before the (establishment of the) Saudi state and how it is today will see that what has been accomplished in these few years could not have been possible without the grace of Allah, the great care, and the unlimited support of the kings of the Kingdom," said Al-Sudais. Recommend : Movable domes of the Prophet's Mosque
- Sheikh Abdulaziz Al-Asheikh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, expressed gratitude for the work of the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques.
- Wider areas are provided for sects and worshippers in Saudi Riwaq, which is also distinguished by the provision of all technical and service services, as well as sound and lighting equipment. Follow Saudi Expatriates on Twitter