- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , Ministry of Islamic Affairs , RAMADAN IN SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS »
- External Loudspeakers are only for Prayer Call and Iqamat in Ramadan - Islamic Affairs
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Friday, March 17, 2023
External Loudspeakers are only for Prayer Call and Iqamat in Ramadan, Broadcasting prayers on Social Media banned - Ministry of Islamic Affairs
External loudspeakers will only be used for the call to prayer (Adhaan) and the iqamat during the month of Ramadan, according to Abdullah Al-Enezi, a spokesperson of the Ministry of Islamic Affairs in Saudi Arabia. Trending : Saudi Supreme Court calls for Ramadan crescent sighting on Tuesday evening
The ministry also bans the broadcasting of prayers and sermons on social media. The ministry's faith in the importance of the media message led to this, the Islamic Affairs spokesperson said in a phone conversation with Al-Ekhbariya channel.
- He added that the authority may not have any control over what is presented and broadcast on social media and that it might even harm mosque's call and message. Most Viewed : Ramadan is expected to begin from 23rd March this year
- Al-Enezi stated that the ministry banned social media broadcasting in order to prevent the appearance of any material that might be false and harm the call to God Almighty.
- He continued on to clarify that the rumor that external loudspeakers should be used during the holy month of Ramadan is wrong and a "annual rumor," since they're only needed for the call to prayer and the iqamat, and that anyone who disobeys this directive will face legal action.
- In preparation for the month of Holy Ramadan, the Minister of Islamic Affairs, Call, and Guidance, Dr. Abdul Latif Al-Sheikh, released ten regulations on March 3 that are noteworthy. These directives include controls on prayer, fasting, and itikaf. See Also : Umrah permits for Ramadan month are now being issued