- Back to Home »
- HAJJ UPDATES , MAKKAH UPDATES , Ministry of Hajj and Umrah , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , UMRAH UPDATES »
- Kaaba Kiswah raised from the ground, in preparation of Hajj Season
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, June 20, 2022
Kaaba Kiswah raised from the ground, in preparation of the Hajj Season
The General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques raised the lower part of the Kaaba Kiswah by nearly 3 meters from the ground and covered the raised Kiswah with a white cotton cloth with a width of nearly 2 meters high and 47 meters wide on all four sides, as part of annual custom as per the approved plan of Hajj 2022 (1443 AH).
The General President of the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, Sheikh Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al Sudais participated in this procedure with a matter of precaution and maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the Kiswah.
- This is to prevent pilgrims from touching, damaging or tampering the Kaaba Kiswah, it will raised in every Hajj season. Many people are keen to touch the Kiswah while doing Tawaf, which results in damage of Kiswah. While few pilgrims try to cut pieces of Kiswa as they think it will bring good luck to them, if they keep in their homes. The Kaaba kiswah will be bring back to its old position once the Hajj season finishes. See Also : Why is the marble flooring of Makkah cold even in high temperatures
- As the presidency represented by King Abdulaziz Complex for Kiswah of Kaaba takes great care and attention to cover the Kaaba throughout the year, this is an extension of the care of the rules in the Two Holy Mosques and their facilities in general, and in the Kaaba in particular respect.
- Sheikh Al-Sudais highlighted the importance of the great care and attention received by the covering of Kaaba throughout the year from the wise leadership and this is an extension of the interest of Saudi government since its establishment at hands of King Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman in the Two Holy Mosques and their pilgrims and facilities in general and in the honorable Kaaba. Specifically, he did everything that would ease the guests of Most Merciful to perform their worship and rituals with ease and tranquility.
- Every year, a new Kiswah will be made at the factory and it will be ready before 2 months of every Hajj. It costs nearly 20 million Saudi Riyals. The Kiswah of Kaaba will replace the old one with new one under the supervision of the Presidency and the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. Read : Meezab is the smallest piece of Holy Kaaba made up of pure gold