Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, July 30, 2022
Kiswah - The black cloth of Holy Kaaba
The black covering cloth of Kaaba named "Kiswah" will change every year on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah, On the day of Arafat just after the Fajar prayer the work of changing Kiswah will start and continues till finishes. However, this year Kiswah replaced on 1st Muharram, after the Royal order. Trending : History of the Silver, Gold doors of the Holy Kaaba
Kaaba Kiswah is made up of pure silk and the decoration of the Quran verses is done with gold and silver threads. It is manufactured in Kiswa factory at Umm Al Joud in the region of Makkah.
- The new Kiswah cloth every year will be ready 2 months before every Hajj. It costs about 20 million Saudi Riyals. Recommended : With Silk, Gold and Silver, The Holy Kaaba Kiswah is sewed and embroidered every year
- Changing of Kiswah will be done in a unique way, The new kiswa will hung over the old from the top before the latter is removed from underneath.
- Kiswa consumes about 670 kilograms of pure silk and 120 kilograms of golden threads and 100 kilograms silver threads.
- The fixed copper rings on the ground is helpful to wrapped up the Kiswa around the Kaaba. See Also : Few interesting facts about Hajj
- Kaba Kiswah consists 47 pieces of black cloth, Each piece of cloth is with a height of 14 meters and a wide of 101cm.
- About 240 people are working in the various departments of Kiswah factory, It has largest tailoring machine of the world with a length of 16 meters.
- The Artisans of Kiswa factory are listed under National register of artisans and craftsmen by Bari (National Handicraft Program). Follow Saudi Expatriates on Telegram