Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, July 29, 2020
Kiswah - The black cloth of Holy Kaaba
The black covering cloth of Kaaba named "Kiswah" will change every year on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah, On the day of Arafat just after the Fajar prayer the work of changing Kiswah will start and continues till Asar prayer. Trending : History of the Silver, Gold doors of the Holy Kaaba
Kaaba Kiswah is made up of pure silk and the decoration of the Quran verses is done with gold and silver threads. It is manufactured in Kiswa factory at Umm Al Joud in the region of Makkah.
- The new Kiswah cloth is ready 2 months before every Hajj. It costs about 20 million Saudi Riyals. Recommended : Zamzam water to be available in Al Othaim and Lulu after Panda
- Changing of Kiswah will be done in a unique way, The new kiswa will hung over the old from the top before the latter is removed from underneath. You May Also Like : The Two Holy Mosques will re-open soon for Worshippers - Al Sudais
- Kiswa consumes about 700 kilograms of pure silk and 120 kilograms of golden and silver threads.
- The fixed copper rings on the ground is helpful to wrapped up the Kiswa around the kaaba.
- Kaba Kiswah consists 47 pieces of black cloth, Each piece of cloth is with a height of 14 meters and a wide of 101cm. Similar : Advanced Self Sanitization gates installed at the entrances of Makkah
- About 240 people are working in the various departments of Kiswah factory, It has largest tailoring machine of the world with a length of 16 meters.
- The Artisans of Kiswa factory are listed under National register of artisans and craftsmen by Bari (National Handicraft Program). Related : Saudi Arabia temporarily suspends Umrah pilgrimage for Worshippers