- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , HAJJ UPDATES , MAKKAH UPDATES , RIYADH UPDATES , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS »
- 15 Expats arrested for promoting Fake Hajj campaigns and Hajj on behalf of others to fraud
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, June 30, 2022
15 Expats arrested for promoting Fake Hajj campaigns and Hajj on behalf of others to fraud
The Security Authorities in Saudi Arabia arrested 15 people in Riyadh and Makkah Al-Mukarramah, as they promoted fake Hajj campaigns and promoted advertisements for Hajj on behalf of others for the purpose of fraud. Trending : Saudi Supreme Court announces Hajj on 8th July and Eid Al-Adha on 9th July this year
The Riyadh police announced the arrest of 7 residents of Pakistani expatriates who violated the residency and work regulations, for promoting the transfer of pilgrims in private transport vehicles to the Holy Capital for the purpose of fraud.
- The Riyadh police also arrested an Egyptian resident who runs an unlicensed website in a neighborhood to promote fake Hajj campaigns and all the violators were arrested and legal measures were taken against them and referred them to the Public Prosecution. Read : It is prohibited to take advantage of Hajj to beg
- Meanwhile, Makkah police also announced the arrest of 7 people, for announcing through social media platforms and websites that they will perform Hajj on behalf of others for the purpose of fraud and deception.
- The Public Security Directorate clarified that those arrested announced the performance of Hajj on behalf of others and provided buses for transportation to the holy sites, hotel rooms and sacrifices for pilgrims for the purpose of fraud.
- The authority stated that those involved were residents of Bangladeshi nationality, 4 residents of Malian, Afghani, Myanmar and Egyptian nationalities and a citizen, all of them were arrested and legal measures were taken against them and referred them to the Public Prosecution. See Also : Ban on cooking gas at Makkah holy sites during Hajj season