Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Important clarifications from Jawazat on Renewal of Iqama (Resident ID)
The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) in Saudi Arabia issued a number of important clarifications regarding the iqama of a resident expatriate and the conditions for renewing it. Trending : Official Holidays, Leaves and Vacations as per Saudi Labor Law
Jawazat identified 2 conditions for renewing the iqama of a resident expatriate in the Kingdom
1. Validity of the work permit and
2. Health insurance policy is must to be able to complete the renewal of the identity of a resident expat.
- This response came to a question from one of the expatriates, who asked about the possibility of renewing the residence (iqama) without health insurance. Recommend : Retail activities in Saudi Arabia to provide electronic payments system by 25th August
- The Jawazat also stated that issuing a license from the Saudi Engineers Authority is a condition for renewing the identity of a resident for engineers working in the Kingdom, noting that it is possible to communicate with the Saudi Council of Engineers through the unified number 920020820.
- The General Directorate of Passports, in response to one of the inquiries, indicated that it is not possible to renew the identity of a resident if the beneficiary is outside the Kingdom, noting that if new decisions or instructions are issued, they will be announced through official channels. See Also : Transfer of worker without Employer consent
- The Saudi Jawazat also confirmed that the instructions do not allow the visit visa to be converted to Iqama or identity of a resident.