Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, May 14, 2020
674 Nepali Expatriate Workers infected with Corona Virus in Saudi Arabia
According to the Nepali Embassy in Riyadh, About 674 Nepali expatriate workers infected by the novel Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia, In which 11 cases belongs to women. Trending : Free International Transfers with electronic channels of Bank Albilad and Enjaz
The Embassy said it is the highest number of positive cases among Nepali expatriates out of all countries of the world, however, some cases have already discharged after recovering, but the exact number is not available of such cases as the Saudi government not revealed it.
- Out of 674 infected Nepali expatriates, 336 are from the Eastern region of Saudi Arabia, 175 from Riyadh, 3 in Al Qassim, 148 in Western region (Makkah, Madina, Jeddah and Jazan), 3 in Hail and 9 from other parts of the Kingdom. Recommend : Frequently Asked Questions on Absher services
- 31 Nepalis have died in Saudi Arabia since the lockdown in Saudi Arabia, However, only 1 death confirmed due to Corona virus, while the cause of 3 deaths cases is yet to be revealed.
- Since the Coronvirus pandemic, 10 Nepali expatriate workers from UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia have died due to the Coronavirus. About 1124 laborers are infected with Coronavirus in GCC states and Malaysia.
- As per the details revealed by Department of Foreign Employment, 3 Nepalis died in Qatar due to Corona virus, 6 in UAE and 1 in Saudi Arabia. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia imposes full lockdown and 24 hours curfew during Eid-Al-Fitr Holidays
- The latest data provided by the Non-Resident Nepali Association shows 5,472 Nepali workers living abroad have been infected as of 9th May, In which 78 had died and about 2,000 recovered.