Jan 13, 2019
SAUDI ARABIA'S OFFICIAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2019
Generally, Saudi Arabia do not have too much holidays for its workers or employees as official public holidays except on 3 occasions, which are Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha and Saudi National Day. Related : Things to do before Eid
Official Public Holiday in Saudi Arabia for the year 2019 (1440-1441) :
1. Eid Al Fitr (4 Days) : 4th June (Tuesday) to 7th June 2019 (Friday)
- Eid Al Fitr is one of the main festival of Muslims which is celebrated around the world to mark the end of the Ramadan (A month of fasting).
- Most of the private companies gives 4 days holidays for Eid Al Fitr, Some companies may give whole week (7 days) holiday including weekends of Friday and Saturday. While few sales companies give only 1 day on Eid day. Government employees will get around 10 to 15 days holidays.
2. Eid Al Adha (4 Days) : 10th August (Saturday) to 13th August 2019 (Tuesday)
- Eid Al Adha is the second main festival for Muslims which is celbrated by sacrificing and it marks the end of the Hajj the annual pilgrimage to Makkah.
- Some private companies gives 4 days holidays for Eid Al Adha, while few may give whole one week (7 days) holiday including weekends of Friday and Saturday. While few sales companies give only 1 day on Eid day. Government workers will get around 10 to 15 days holidays.
3. Saudi National Day : 23 September 2019
- Saudi National Day is a celebration of unification of the country as Kingdom.