- Back to Home »
- DROP IN NUMBER OF INDIANS COMING TO SAUDI ARABIA & GULF STATES
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, January 14, 2019
DROP IN NUMBER OF INDIAN LABORS COMING TO WORK IN SAUDI ARABIA & GCC STATES
Saudi Arabia lost its place as most attractive destination for Indian Labors, As the total number of Indians traveled to Saudi Arabia in 5 years is just near to 65,000, while in the year 2014 itself 329,000 Indians came to Saudi for job. Trending : NRIs can register now for voting overseas
Not only Saudi Arabia, It seems all the Gulf states lost its place to attract Indians for Jobs as the report show 62% drop over the past 5 years. The number of emigration clearances provided to Indians going to GCC States for jobs considerably dropped in the year 2018 reported Indian media. Recommend : Help is just a tweet away for Indians tweets Indian foreign minister
- In the year 2018, Indian emigration clearances granted to 295,000 for the Gulf states, while in the year 2017 the numbers was 374,000. A clear drop of 21% was detected in the last year.
- As per recent statistics, The number of Indians emigrating to Kuwait dropped by 7% in 2018 to 52,000 compared with 56,000 in the year 2017. See Also : Country wise Saudi Arabia visit visa fee
- In the last year (2018), United Arab Emirates (UAE) issued the largest number of employment visas to Indians, followed by Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
- On the other side, Qatar is the only Gulf state to which the number of Indian labor increased in 2018 to reach 32,000 from 25,000 in the year 2017. Read : Indians can now travel to 58 countries without visa
- According to the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs the drop is because of the economic problems in GCC states as a result of the drop in oil prices and the policies of nationalizing jobs in government and private sectors.