- Back to Home »
- 33 PERCENT DECREASE IN ROAD ACCIDENT DEATHS IN SAUDI ARABIA
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, December 8, 2018
SAUDI ARABIA HAS SEEN 33% DECREASE IN ROAD ACCIDENT DEATHS IN 2018
According to the Ministry of Transport in Saudi Arabia, Kingdom has seen a dramatic decrease of 33% in the number of road accident deaths during the year 2018 compared to the year 2017. Trending : List of banned items for Individuals from bringing into Saudi Arabia
It is known that, Saudi Arabia is top in the list of highest traffic deaths per 100,000 people in all over the world, As per the official figures released there is 33 percent reduction in road accident deaths so far this year from 2331 to 1560. Recommend : An elderly man forgives rash driver before his death
- Not only deaths, The number of accidents was also down by 25% in the year 2018 compared to the year 2017, which was 17,362 now reached 13,221. Accident related injuries also fell by 25.5% from 14,481 to 10,755.
- It is believed that the decrease in rate comes after the ministry's implementation of several projects and initiatives in order to improve the quality of road safety.
- The steps are in line with Saudi Vision 2030, which aims to reach only 8 deaths for every 100,000 compared to 26 deaths of citizens in 2015 on all over the Saudi Arabia. Read : Penalty for smoking while driving in Saudi Arabia
- The Kingdom has also introduced traffic safety equipment including high tensile fencing, protective barriers and rotating shock absorbers to reduce injuries.
- The credit also goes to the tough new punishments for traffic violations, including heavy fines and lengthy prison sentences for causing injury or death and a crackdown on seat belts and mobile phone usage. You May Like : Procedure to follow for death of an expatriate in Saudi Arabia
- The main reason for the accidents which leads to death are reckless driving or drivers being preoccupied by something other than road, as well as a lack of correct safety measures on vehicles.