Mar 6, 2018
SMOKING WHILE DRIVING IS ILLEGAL & IT WILL LEAD YOU TO PAY FINE IN SAUDI ARABIA
A tweet was seen from Saudi Arabia's Traffic Authority stating smoking while driving is illegal in the Kingdom and it gone viral within few hours of time. Trending : Procedure to apply driving license
The tweet came in response to several tweets from a user, who asked the traffic authority, is the act of smoking is considered as a violation as per the Saudi traffic law?
- Saudi authorities actually feel smoking might be distracting for the driver, so here is the answer, A traffic violation is recorded anytime a driver is distracted with anything other than driving their vehicle. So no more smoking while driving in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- One of the Saudi local newspaper reported, Smoking while driving is considered as an offense, The violator will be penalized with a minimum fine of 100 Saudi Riyals. Many users of twitter started their views on it.
- Some people thought banning people from smoking in cars is a great step as it can be distracting, while others reacted the news with sarcasm, resulted in a hilarious meltdown of Twitter.
- Few of the reactions are "I am scared, They are going to ban us from farting in our cars next", The other user reacted "Don't drive while driving.." another user expressed "Is speaking while driving is illegal too?".
- Car accidents are one of the major causes of death in Saudi Arabia, As per the recent statistics, Every minute there will be a car accident in the Kingdom. Last year, More than 7000 deaths related to car accidents recorded in Saudi Arabia, In 2016, 9000 deaths occurred.
- Traffic authorities introduced new electronic traffic management system and the things are going to be better in the coming years after its implementation, Authorities are still trying to further prevent traffic accident deaths.
- "Smoking while driving", "Using or Touching mobile while driving", "Eating while driving" and "Not wearing seat belt while driving" is a violation and you will be penalize if caught doing so.