- Back to Home »
- OVERSEAS WORKERS WELFARE BRINGS 109 DISTRESSED FILIPINOS HOME
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Dec 8, 2018
OVERSEAS WORKERS WELFARE ADMINISTRATION BRINGS 109 DISTRESSED WORKERS HOME FROM SAUDI ARABIA
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) in Philippines brought 109 Filipino workers back to home country from Saudi Arabia, In line with the attempt of government to help distressed Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). Similar : Filipinos stopped from final exit
According to the OWWA, Many of the Filipino workers decided to come back to home country due to contract violations by their employers in Saudi Arabia, The violations includes delayed salaries, unpaid salaries and End of service benefits, not giving vacation leaves and failure to obtain a final exit visa.
- The Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) from Dammam of Saudi Arabia arrived at Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport as per the statement of Overseas Workers Welfare Administration.
- The repatriated workers were working in 3 big companies, Al Azmeel Contracting and Construction Corporation, Rakkan Trading and Contracting Company and SAMAMA Company for Operation and Management. See Also : Filipinos can travel to 63 countries without visa
- The workers were repatriated in line with the promise of Labor Secretary to bring home as many distressed OFWs from financially strapped Saudi companies before Christmas.
- OWWA also provided cash assistance to the workers while waiting for their home flight, Another cash assistance and livelihood package shall be provided to the OFWs when they arrive at their respective home towns said agency.
- The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration said that its repatriation team will also give airport assistance to the OFWs, including temporary shelter at the agency's halfway home and transportation assistance. Read : Procedure to cancel final exit visa