Nov 25, 2017
NEARLY 900 ILLEGAL EXPATRIATES ARRESTED IN RIYADH, WITHIN 24 HOURS
In the ongoing crackdown, approximately 900 expatriates are arrested in Riyadh within 24 hours for violating the terms of labor laws and residence permits according to the various sources.
As per the reports of police, Most of the Illegal expatriates are involved in committing crimes in the Riyadh city.
- Earlier this week, Riyadh Governor signed a directive instructing security authorities to stop all foreign workers who are residing illegally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Police conducted the inspections with the cooperation of Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Labor and Social Development and Ministry of Commerce and Investment including the department of immigration.
- Inspection in the areas of Shumaisi, Al Faisaliah, Hai Al Wazarat and Thumamah in Riyadh city resulted in arrested of nearly 900 different nationalities illegal expatriates.
- Inspection teams also seized fake electrical items, electronic gadgets, mobile chargers, items of cosmetics and body and facial creams, etc,. which are not in the specification of the Ministry of Health.
- All the suspects will be produced to court for the necessary punishment and deportation of expatriates, Similar inspections are being carried out in all parts of Saudi Arabia.
- Expatriates are requested to carry out their iqama identity cards, driving license, vehicle registration certificates, etc,. in order to produce the security officers when ever they asked.