Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sep 14, 2017
SAUDI ARABIA IS ALREADY LIFTED THE BAN ON MOBILE CALLING APPS
Mobile calling apps like Skype, Viber, Messenger, Telegram, Tango, Snapchat, etc. voice and video calls came back to work in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia but Whatsapp calls still blocked as per the Communications of Information Technology(CITC) minister statement. New : A Filipino expat won 200,000 Saudi Riyals
The chairman of CITC said that telecom service providers and the CITC enabled voice calls and video calls applications over internet to the citizens and expatriates of the Saudi Arabia, reported in Saudi Press Agency(SPA). Recommend : Apple revealed iPhone X (10)
- All the telecom service providers in the Kingdom confirmed that they enabled calling applications to its customers and will review voice calling and video calling applications periodically in order to meet their requirements.
- The minister of CITC thanked all the telecom service providers for coming with positive views and for providing best services to its customers and for developing their technologies in order to meet the latest trends in the world of communications and information technology. Most Viewed : iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Specifications and features
- Saudi Arabia is one of the top country in the world for using smartphones and social networking platforms. The average usage of internet by mobile networks in Saudi is the highest in the global position.
- Enabling banned calling applications is the next step for the previous steps of "Transparency and Clarity" in the telecom sector, There are so many customers filed complaints on the service providers for banning the applications and verification of the applications. Read : Procedure to complaint on telecom provider with CITC
- Service providers are also playing a role in the goals of National Transformation Program of 2020 together with the ministry for developing a digital society in order to reach the goal of Kingdom's Vision 2030.