JET AIRWAYS GROUNDED ITSELF FROM TODAY, SUSPENDS ALL DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
Jet Airways message from its CEO "It is with deep sadness and with a heavy heart that we would like to share with you that, effective immediately, Jet Airways will be suspending all its domestic and international operations".
Late last night we were informed by SBI, on behalf of the consortium of Indian lenders, that they are unable to consider our request for interim funding. Since no emergency funding from the lenders or any other source of funding was forthcoming, it would therefore not have been possible for us to pay for fuel or other critical services to keep the operations going.
- Consequently, with immediate effect we are compelled to cancel all our domestic and international flights. This decision has been taken after painstaking evaluation of all alternatives and after receiving guidance and advice on the same from the Board of Directors of Jet Airways.
- Over the last several weeks and months we have tried every means possible to seek funding, both interim as well as long term funding, to keep our operations going. Unfortunately, despite the very best of our efforts, we have been left with no other choice today.
- After 25 years of sharing the Joy of Flying with Indian and International guests, Jet Airways and its Board of Directors have been forced to take this extreme measure, as prolonged and sustained efforts with lenders and authorities to ensure the sustainability of the airline did not yield the desired results.
- Guests who are booked on our flights with travel on future dates will be informed via text message email or phone call to the contact details listed in the booking. Guests who are impacted by the temporary suspension of flight operations can click here to request for a refund for their confirmed bookings. In case you have booked through a travel agent, please reach out to your travel agent to process the refund.
SAUDI ARABIA TO HOST G20 LEADERS SUMMIT IN NOVEMBER 2020
Saudi Arabia to host the 15th annual Summit of Group 20 Leaders on 21st and 22nd November 2020, The Custodian of Two Holy Mosques King Salman will chair the summit in the capital city Riyadh reported Saudi Press Agency. Trending : Uber launches Women Preferred View in Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is fully committed to the G20's objectives and to the stability and prosperity of the International economic system said SPA.
- The G20 countries represent two-third of the world's population , 85% of its economy and 75% of international trade reported Saudi Gazette. Recommend : A Saudi rented whole shopping mall to drive a car into it and to shop alone
- Saudi Arabia's capital city Riyadh will host G20 summit for the first time in the Arab World, The Kingdom's key role and influence in the middle east and on the global level.
- This year(2019) the Group of 20 Summit will be hosted by Osaka city in Japan on 28th and 29th June, Japan will host Osaka's G20 Summit for the first time. Read : Saudi Crown Prince awarded as 'Global Influential Figure 2018'
- The G20 Summit participants are 19 countries and European Union, the 19 countries are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Republic of Korea, Republic of South Africa, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America and leaders of invited guest countries.
UBER LAUNCHES 'WOMEN PREFERRED VIEW' FEATURE FOR WOMEN DRIVERS IN SAUDI ARABIA
Uber in Saudi Arabia announced the launch of a new service for women drivers called 'Women Preferred View', The service allows women drivers to choose women customers for their ride. Most Viewed : A Saudi man rented whole shopping mall for driving into it and to shop alone
This new feature will ensure to increase women's participation in the workforce through access to affordable transportation, increase women's flexibility, safety and it will also provide part time opportunities to them with Uber technology. Recommend : Ministry Of Health in Saudi Arabia offers free baby vaccination
The 'Women Preferred View' feature in Uber came after several months of research and in depth understanding of preferences of women drivers in Saudi Arabia.
- According to study conducted, 74% of women drivers would not want to drive with male passengers. Uber did it in response to the feedback from women drivers in the Kingdom and we are committed to always being thoughtful for improving experience of Uber driving app. See Also : Drop in number of expat drivers in Saudi Arabia
A SAUDI MAN RENTED WHOLE SHOPPING CENTER TO SHOP ALONE IN RIYADH
A Saudi national hires a whole shopping mall in Riyadh and takes his car on to one of the floors in order to do some private shopping. The story is similar to a movie scene, No one thought it would happen in reality, but this man did it. Trending : Check applicable fee for Umrah visa from home country
The video of a man driving his car into the shopping mall became viral on social media, According to MSN, the mall is Riyadh's Al Qasr Mall, However the exact date and time of the video taken is not verified yet. Recommend : Riyadh's King Khalid International airport offering free WiFi
- As per the report, the viral video was recorded by the security guard of the shopping center, he records a man drive his car into the mall and stops it near a store for his private shopping.
- The security guards voice can be heard in the viral video stating that the man had allegedly hired whole shopping mall to cruise inside the mall. See Also : Madina's Grand Holy Mosque infested with black crickets
يقولون مواطن ثري يستأجر مول في الرياض للتسوق بمفرده بسيارته pic.twitter.com/dEZqPLYlFf— اضحك (@I_9mile) April 11, 2019
CHECK UMRAH VISA FEE & STATUS ONLINE
Ministry of Hajj and Umrah in Saudi Arabia launched a new service for Umrah pilgrims, agents and operators to track the status of their applied Umrah visa and required fee to pay for Umrah visa. Trending : Free WiFi for travelers at Riyadh's King Khalid International Airport
There will be no fee for Umrah visa on the pilgrims who are perfoming first Umrah of their life.
- There will be a fee of 2000 SR if you are performing Umrah for the 2nd time in the same year or next Hijri year. See Also : Airlines refusing to special needs persons boarding after issuing tickets to pay 200% compensation
- However, you can skip this fee of 2000 SR by waiting for 2 Hijri years after performing first Umrah and at the third 3rd Hijri year there will be no Umrah visa fee.
Procedure to check Umrah visa fee and visa status :
1. Visit Hajj ministry website eservices.haj.gov.sa
2. Select your Nationality, enter your Passport Number and the shown image code, click on Search.
3. Now you can see your Visa request status 'No Umrah Visa Request available' or 'The Umrah VISA request sent to Embassy'.
4. You can also see Visa Fees in options like 'No required to make payment for Umrah Visa' or 'Required to make a payment of additional SAR 2000 for Umrah Visa'. See Also : Saudi Arabia gifted 6500 tons of dates worldwide for Ramadan 2019
- You can check here before you request your agent for Umrah Visa, So that you can pay the applicable fee and to save yourself from fraud or scam agents.
FREE WiFi FOR TRAVELERS AT RIYADH'S KING KHALID INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Riyadh's King Khalid International Airport in Saudi Arabia is now offering free WiFi to all the passengers traveling through the airport. Trending : Riyadh Airports offers free bus to travel between International and domestic airport
In order to get a free WiFi in the Riyadh's International Airport you need to open your WiFi and look for 'Riyadh Airport Free WiFi' and connect to it. Most Viewed : Saudi capital city has highest population of 6.9 million in the Kingdom
- Once you tap connect, it will take you to another page where you need to enter your Saudi mobile number, Then you will get one OTP message, enter the OTP and tap on send. Now you can enjoy free WiFi internet in the airport.
- It will allow you to browse and use internet for 240 minutes including high speed downloads and uploads. Once its log off, you can reconnect it by getting new OTP. Recommend : SAPTCO local bus smart card prices
GUIDE TO GET FREE BABY VACCINATION FROM MOH IN SAUDI ARABIA
Vaccination is very important for babies health, it will prevent spread of contagious, dangerous and even deadly diseases. Vaccinations are very expensive in private hospitals even though you have insurance, but it is free in government hospitals of Saudi Arabia. Similar : Guide to get birth certificate from Ahwal Al Madani in Saudi Arabia
Procedure to get free baby vaccination from Saudi government hospital :
In order to get free vaccination for your baby from Saudi government hospitals you need
1. Baby Resident Identity card (Iqama, birth certificate, etc,.). Your baby should be linked with you in Absher.
2. Your National Address print out or House rental contract paper.
3. Appointment with Saudi government hospital, you should book appointment with your nearest government hospital.
How to book appointment with your nearest Saudi government hospital :
1. Visit iam.gov.sa , select on English and click on 'Password with SMS' and enter your absher user id and password, verify it with sms received.
2. Now visit MOH website and click on 'Sign in to Mawid System' at the bottom left side.
3. The next page will allow you to make appointments, You need to add your dependents here by just entering their iqama numbers.
4. Click on Well Baby and Vaccination Clinic, Select patient name (You or your dependents) and book appointment date and time. See Also : Free flights for lifetime to newborn
- Don't forget to take all the above mentioned documents with you at the time of your appointment.
PAKISTAN AWARDS SAUDI CROWN PRINCE WITH "THE GLOBAL INFLUENTIAL FIGURE"
The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman received "The Global Influential Figure 2018" award from Pakistani President in recognition of his great efforts in supporting Islam and taking care of the Grand Two Holy Mosques and pilgrims. Trending : Madina's Grand mosque infested with black crickets
In addition to championing key humanitarian issues of Palestine cause, Yemen, Syria and the protection of Muslim minorities. The Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman was also known for his support of Pakistan and the peace process with neighboring India.
- The award was handed over to Nawaf bin Saeed Al Maliki the Saudi ambassador to Pakistan. Recommend : Few expats in Saudi Arabia hits with salary delays and expired iqamas
- The Imam of Makkah's Grand Mosque Sheikh Abdullah Awad urged all Muslims around the world to demonstrate unity during the opening ceremony of the 'Message of Islam', he said "As long as Muslims are united, no force in the world can defeat them". Most Viewed : Absher's Qabul service to accept online bank opening requests
- He also said 'Pakistan is an important country in the Muslim world, and we hold it in high esteem'. Saudi Arabia is peace loving country and has always played a positive role in solving the sufferings of Muslims all over the world.
MADINA'S GRAND MOSQUE INFESTED WITH SWARMS & BLACK CRICKETS
The General Presidency of the Maidna's Grand Mosque said its making continuously efforts to combat with the black crickets and swarms with the help of city's municipality, the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Agriculture. Similar : Sudden appearance of black grasshoppers in Makkah
According to Saudi Gazette's report, about 150 municipality employees equipped were sent to Madina's Holy Grand Mosque to spray the areas around the mosque with pesticides and collect all the dead crickets in special bags. Recommend : Saudi Aramoco announced the new prices of petrol for the second quarter of 2019
- The municipality people also monitoring the movement of these bugs on the roof of the Madina's Grand Mosque, The authorities have closed the domes to prevent bugs from getting inside.
- The lighting around the mosque has been reduced, which was attracting these bugs, The Presidency of the Madina employed a number of employees around the gates with special vacuums for the suction of these insects. See Also : Saudi Arabia donated 6500 tons of dates all over the world for Ramadan 2019
- They are also looking for any gaps inside the mosque's walls and pillars and filled with silicon to prevent the black crickets and swarms from hiding inside it. The agency report they will continue to work around the clock to finish these bugs and to ensure the comfort of the pilgrims and worshipers.
FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & MESSENGER WERE DOWN FOR FEW HOURS ALL OVER THE WORLD
Facebook, Instagram and Messenger websites and applications faced a technical problem from Sunday (14th April) afternoon, It has disrupted number of regions of the world including Saudi Arabia.
Users of Facebook, Messenger and Instagram in Arab countries and Britain complained that they were unable to use the portals and applications properly from Today evening.
- Some users reported that there were error messages while posting content and login into the application and sites, while some users said they cannot refresh while few said they can see a 'total blackout'.
- Facebook has confirmed that their is platform wide issue, but yet to release fix from about 2 hours.
- Most of the social media users moved to Twitter to complain about crash "FacebookDown" after finding Facebook, Messenger and Instagram down.
SAUDI ARABIA ANNOUNCES NEW REVIEWED GASOLINE PRICES FOR 2ND QUARTER OF 2019
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced the reviewed prices of fuel for the second quarter of the year 2019 (From April to June). See Also : Saudi Arabia to host sudanese pilgrims till their flights resumed
According to Saudi Aramco the updated petrol (gasoline) prices is going to effect from today (14th April 2019). Related : Aramco announced reviewed gasoline price for 1st quarter of 2019
- The cost of Octane 91, which was selling for 1.37 SR in the first quarter of 2019 is now changed to 1.44 SR for the second quarter of 2019 that is from April to June 2019.
- The price of Octane 95 which was selling for 2.02 SR in the first 3 months of 2019 that is from January to March 2019 is now updated to 2.10 SR per liter for the 2nd quarter of 2019 that is from April to June 2019. See Also : 200% compensation should be paid to special needs passenger if the airline unable to provide facilities to them
- Local prices of petrol rising or falling are subject to change, depending on the changes in fuel prices of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia exports to international markets.
Apr 13, 2019
SAUDI ARABIA TO HOST SUDANESE PILGRIMS UNTIL THEIR FLIGHTS RESUME
According to the Saudi Press Agency report, Saudi Arabia will host pilgrims of Sudan until their flights to the country are restored, All flights to and from Sudan were halted on 11th April 2019. Recommend : Airlines to compensate 200% on refusing special needs person
Saudi Arabia's King Salman ordered the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah to provide for the pilgrims from Sudan until their transport links are resumed. This is not the first time Saudi Arabia offered this to pilgrims earlier when Pakistan cancelled its flights then also King Salman hosted Pakistani pilgrims.
- All flight from and to Sudan were halted after the country's President was removed from power by the Sudanese military. Airports in Khartoum and Port Sudan were also closed.
- Which led the Kingdom's Saudi Airlines and Flynas to announce that they suspended all flights to and from Sudan. See Also : Drop in number of expats drivers for families in Saudi Arabia
- Al Bashir's ouster follows months of protests against his rule that have been met with a response from security forces after dozens of people have been killed in the ongoing protests.
- Vice President and Defense Minister of Sudan announced suspension of Sudanese constitution and creation of a transitional military council, which will lead the country for 2 years, elections to be held after the transition period. Most Viewed : Absher launched new service called Qabul to accept requests