PRESTIGIOUS KING FAISAL INTERNATIONAL PRIZES FOR 2017 (1438)
Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud wins the prestigious award of King Faisal International Prize (2017) for "Service to Islam", Last year (2016) it was Saudi Arabia's Saleh Abdullah bin Himeid and before last year(2015) it was India's Zakir Naik who won this prestigious award in the same category of Service to Islam. Trending : King Salman order millions of humanitarian aid to Syria
King Faisal International Prize initially was launched in the year 1979 by the King Faisal Foundation, This prestigious and glorious award recognizes the outstanding works of the people or institutions in 5 categories
1. Service to Islam
2. Islamic Studies
3. Arabic Language and Literature
For the year 2017, King Faisal International Prize award announced by Khalid Al Faisal the adviser of the Custodian of Two Holy Mosques, Emir of Makkah Region, CEO of the King Faisal Foundation and the chairman of King Faisal International Prize. Related : No royal is above law - King Salman
- The selection committee of the prize observed that the King Salman has shown the commitment to the Life of Prophet Mohammed(PBUH).
- Supported the Historic sites of Prophet Sira(Life of Prophet Mohammed) and its Implementation by King Abdulaziz Dara (Foundation of Research and Archives).
- He also founded King Abdulaziz Complex for Endowment Libraries in Madina Munawwarah for preserving the Arabic and Islamic heritage.
- King Salman has ensured dedicated efforts to unite Arabs and Muslims in the face of difficulty challenges currently in the Arabic and Muslim world. Similar : King Salman orders resolve the issues of distress workers
- King has stood for steady Arabic and support on the Palestinian issue and offered several remarkable services to the needy in several Arab and Muslim countries.
- "Islamic Studies(2017)" category award bagged by Professor Ridwan Al Sayyid, University of Lebanon.
- "Arabic Language and Literature(2017)" category award gone to Arabic Language Academy of Jordan. See Also : King Salman launched new currency designs of Saudi Arabia
- Professor Tadamitsu Kishimoto, Japan won the award in "Medicine(2017)" category.
- Professor Laurens Molenkamp, Netherlands and Professor Daniel Loss, Switzerland bags the award in the category of "Science" for the year 2017. Most Viewed : Saudi nurse sets an example of humanity
NOW SEND MONEY TO HOME ONLINE THROUGH ENJAZ
Enjaz banking service now officially allows you to send money online to your home country through internet without visiting enjaz remittance center or branch with the help of Bank Albilad. Most Viewed : No Tax on remittance of expats
Enjaz remittance center allows one to send money to their home country by exchanging from Saudi Riyals to your home country currency, It has a option of direct credit to bank and a cash option through western union. Trending : Cash limit allowed to carry at Saudi Airports
- To send money online without visiting Enjaz branch, One should be Albilad bank customer and should add beneficiary account as Enjaz beneficiary in net banking. Related : Indians sending less money to families
PROCEDURE TO ADD ENJAZ BENEFICIARY IN ALBILAD NET BANKING :
1. Once you successfully logged in to your Albilad net banking account, You can see an option of "FUND TRANSFER" on left side, Once you clicked on it, You will see all your beneficiary accounts, From above line you should click on "ENJAZ BENEFICIARY", You can also refer below image. See Also : Cash limits per day in Saudi Arabia
2. Click on "ADD BENEFICIARY", Enter all the beneficiary details like Remittance Option, Country, Bank, Branch City, Branch Name, Transfer Currency, Beneficiary Name, Beneficiary Account Number, Address, etc,.
3. Next click on "PROCEED" and "CONFIRM" the details, Once you successfully added, You need to Activate it through ATM or Phone Banking. Read this : Enjaz remittance center
PROCEDURE TO SEND MONEY ONLINE TO HOME COUNTRY THROUGH ENJAZ :
1. As you already added "ENJAZ BENEFICIARY" in your Albilad net banking, Now you just login to your net banking, choose the enjaz beneficiary to whom you want to transfer money then enter the amount and choose currency.
2. Charge or service fee for this transaction is 16 Saudi Riyal, It is same as you pay when you send through enjaz remittance center.
FILIPINOS (OFWs) LAND BANK IN SAUDI ARABIA
Good news for the Filipinos(OFW's) living in Riyadh, As they are going to get their own Philippine Land Bank in the capital of Saudi Arabia in the current year by September 2017 as per the Finance Secretary Carlos G Domiguez III. Most Viewed : Filipinos stopped from going on final exit
Currently their are more than 8 Lakhs (800,000) Filipino expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of which 40 percent (40%) are in Riyadh. Filipinos residing in the Saudi Arabia are the 2nd largest source of remittances for Philippines. Trending : Public Holidays in Saudi Arabia for 2017
- President of Land Bank said initially acquire Philippine Postal Savings Bank and then they will offer financial education and investment counseling services to OFWs, Then it will take 8 months to convert it into a postal bank as Land Bank subsidiary.
- To be operational by September 1st 2017, OFW Land Bank will seek clearances form GCG (Governance Commission for Government owned & controlled Corporations) and PCC (Philippine Competition Commission). The bank also needs approvals from SEC (Securities Exchange Commission) and Monetary Board and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas(BSP). See Also : Santa is not welcomed in KSA
- The branch of state own Philippine Land bank will be in the near areas where OFWs meet or it will be near to the Philippine Labor Office as per the current information. This bank will dedicate to the needs of OFWs for Filipino expatriate workers. Read this : Check your salary history online in Saudi Arabia
- The Land bank is already involving with the Commission on Audit and the BSP for starting the process and converting the Postal Bank to the Land Bank subsidiary. New : Saudi nurse sets an example for humanity
GET CAREEM CREDIT ON RECHARGE OF STC SAWA
STC Sawa is now offering free credit of careem (Private cab service mobile application) from 5 Riyals up to 1000 Riyals on recharging with Sawa cards of 20 Riyals, 50 Riyals and 100 Riyals before 24th Febraury 2017. Recommend : Free 20 Riyal Credit in Careem
STC Sawa recharge cards of SR20, SR50 and SR100 have an additional area on backside of the card to scratch and get the activation code of careem, Which can be used in careem moible application for getting credit in between 5 to 1000 riyals. Related : Expats not allowed to work with Careem and Uber
- To eligible for the offer, You need to download the CAREEM application from your IOS or PLAY STORE on your smartphone. Then use the activation code found in your recharge card for getting free credit in your careem application, Which you can be used to travel somewhere in the city.
- Once you entered the activation code and got careem credit, you need to use credit within 7 days or before it expires, You can also use the credit up to 30th March 2017 with out entering the activation code in careem till that time. Similar : Taxi's will be in control in Saudi Arabia
- This STC Sawa offer is valid from 24th December 2016 to 24th Febraury 2017 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia only for STC Sawa new and old sim users. Read this : STC Sawa useful Information
- Careem credit can be used for multiple trips and in various cities of the Saudi Arabia, This offer is applicable for both current customers and new customers of Careem. See Also : Stop STC balance from automatic deductions
NEW BALANCED NITAQAT SYSTEM
A new (mawzoon) balanced nitaqat system is on the way in Saudi Arabia, It will end the dominance of expat employees and cover the unemployment rate of Saudi's. All the old rules and regulations will be canceled if it clashes with the new mawzoon system.
Earlier it was enough to include Saudi name in the list of the company to be benefited from nitaqat, Now it is no more enough in the new balanced nitaqat system, Now it is necessary to mention amount of salary, years of service, percentage of women employees and job professions of Saudi citizens. Recommend : Expats with above 60 years counts 2 in Nitaqat
The revised balanced nitaqat system is part of the Vision 2030 reforms and it will
- Balance the labor market of Kingdom
- Improve the situation of job market Similar : Check Nitaqat color iqama red green
- Boost the employment quality and reduce the unemployment of Saudi's.
- Create suitable jobs for Saudi citizens (Men & Women)
- Attractive working environment for employees
- Increase the rate of employment for women
- End to unproductive Saudization
After the success of Saudization, Most of the companies are in secure level, However it is necessary to reduce the unemploymet rate of nationals. Private companies should offer more jobs to Saudi to be in green nitaqat zone. Related : Nitaqat system and categories
New revised balanced (mawzoon) nitaqat system will be in 3 categories
- Companies with 50 to 99 employees See Also : Saudi Wage protection system
- Firms with 100 to 199 employees and
- Organizations with 200 to 499 workers
It is not clear about the firms with less than 49 employees and more than 500 employees, However as per MOL the existing nitaqat will remain same, Except the rules which clashes with new balanced nitaqat system. Read this : Taxis to reduce in Saudi Arabia
SAUDI NURSE OFFERS A LIVER TO YOUNG GIRL
In the 21st century, where the mind dominates and rules over your heart, people rarely bother to do good to unknown people. This Saudi nurse set an example to prove humanity still exits on the earth and people still takes decisions through heart. Most Viewed : Street Sweeper became a celebrity overnight in Saudi Arabia
A Saudi nurse of age about 20 years, named "Abir Al-Anzi", set an example to prove humanity still exists even in the 21st century. She donated a part of her liver to a young girl 'Bashyer Al-Rashidi', who is suffering from a liver disease. Related : Expats treatment in Saudi Government hospitals
- This Saudi nurse is not related to the young girl in any angle, When she seen a Twitter post that young girl father needs a liver donor, She responded him, communicated with their family and decided to offer her part of the liver to the young girl, who is suffering from liver disease in the Riyadh's Prince Sultan Medical City. Trending : King Salman launched Humanitarian Aid for Syria
- After all the mandatory tests and confirming with doctors, Anzi(Saudi Nurse) successfully donated her part of the liver to the Bashyer(Young Girl) in liver transplant operation which was happened on 28th December of 2016 and she already discharged from the ICU. See Also : Holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2017 (1438-1439)
- Saudi Arabia's Minister of Health thanked Anzi for setting a best example on humanitarian work for saving a life of a child. Read Also : Procedure to register on GOSI
- For honoring Anzi, Health officials holding a ceremony in the city of Jawf in Saudi Arabia, where she is living. Similar : GOSI Benefits for employees
HOLIDAYS IN SAUDI ARABIA FOR 2017 (1438-1439)
As KSA is a pure Islamic country, Expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia should not expect more holidays. Only Muslim festivals and a National Day are expected holidays on every year. Muslims have only two main festivals Eid-Al-Fitr and Eid-Al-Adha. Recommend : Sin Tax to be apply soon in KSA
Public holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2017 for both government or private sectors:
- Every Friday and Saturday are weekend holidays in the Kingdom for government sectors and most of the private sectors.
- Government sectors or public sectors will have upto 15 days holidays on each eid i.e,. Eid-Ul-Fitr and Eid-Ul-Adha.
- Most of the private sectors will provide 4 days holidays as per Saudi labor law for each eid, that is for Eid-Al-Fitr (Ramadan Eid) and Eid-Al-Adha (Bakrid). Related : Leaves for Expats as per Saudi Labor Law
- Few private sectors will follow their own company norms for providing holidays on Eid's, But the mandatory holiday will be on Eid and 1 day before Eid, Remaining all holidays will be added as overtime.
- Every year Saudi Arabia's National Day will fall on September 23rd, So every 23rd September is a public holiday in KSA. Similar : National Day Holiday on Week Day
- InShaAllah! Ramadan for the current year starts from 27th May of 2017 and ends on June 29th 2017 following Eid Al Fitr. See Also : Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
- InshaAllah! this year 2017, Arafat day will be on 31st August and Bakrid or Eid-Al-Adha will fall on next day that is September 1st.
- National for the current year 2017 will be on 23rd September. Read Also : Hijri Calendar
EID-AL-FITR (RAMADAN) HOLIDAYS FOR 2017(1438):
25th June 2017 to 28th June 2017 (4 DAYS)
EID-AL-ADHA (BAKRID) HOLIDAYS FOR 2017(1438):
31st August 2017 to 4th September 2017 (4 DAYS)
SAUDI NATIONAL DAY HOLIDAY FOR 2017(1439) :
23rd September 2017 (1 DAY)
WOLF ATTACKED 3 YEAR OLD IN A SHOPPING MALL OF SAUDI ARABIA
A Three year old boy luckily escaped from a wild wolf in a shopping mall of Ar Ar city in Saudi Arabia. Wolf was in a cage of shopping mall to attract the visitors and shoppers. Trending : Fee on Saudi Expats from July 2017
As the boy was away from parents inattention, He went near the wolf cage, where the wolf attacked him and left a deep wound on his hand. Injured child was immediately taken to the hospital where he received the proper treatment. Hot : 100% Tax on cigarette in KSA
- The incident was reported to the local police and An investigation has been started on this incident to take a proper action on this case. More details will be revealed on it, once the investigation is completed.
- Local citizens and residents showered with anger statements on a mall, As the wild animal kept inside the mall, where families and children visit for shopping, dinning and relaxing. Recommend : Check your salary details online in Saudi Arabia
- Social media users posted their views on the incident, Few people suggested, it would be more better, if it was colorful birds instead of wild animals. Some people blamed them for irresponsibility and asking to keep wild animals only in zoo.
- This is the second situation in Saudi Arabia, where wild animals attacked children, Before a month, A young girl was attacked by a tiger in a promotion show, where the girl life was in threat. Related : Harmful comments lands you in Jail in Saudi Arabia
- Thanks to the trainer who controlled the situation by handling the tiger, Safety measures should be taken, if the wild animals used for entertaining as their nature will not be changed to attack. Know this : Ministries of Saudi Arabia
100% EXCISE OR SIN TAX ON TOBACCO PRODUCTS
Saudi Arabia is on the way to implement 100 percent excise tax or sin tax on tobacco and its related products, It is expected to be imposed in the second quarter of the year 2017 in the Kingdom, Value Added Tax(VAT) on other products will be on time in similar with GCC states starting from first quarter of 2018. Recommend : VAT tax on GCC from 2018
Fifty percent(50%) of VAT tax on soft drinks, Hundred percent(100%) of VAT tax on tobacco, related products and on energy drinks starting from the second quarter of the year 2017 as per the report of Fiscal Balance Program 2020. As per the statement of health minister its already passed the law. Related : Saudi Airport Building Charges on tickets
- The Kingdom's government 2020 program report revealed that Saudi Arabia was working on plans to include tax on "sugary snacks and drinks". As the country want to fight with diabetes and obesity in its population especially in the children. Trending : No religious festivals in Saudi Arabia
- Excise tax or Sin tax is a tax on harmful products that effects health on using it. Tobacco, Soft drinks, Fast food, Alcohol, Gambling all comes under Sin tax or excise tax. Similar : New tax on expats and companies from july 2017
- Implementing a 100% tax on tobacco and related products will bring down the smokers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Cigarette costs in the Saudi Arabia and other gulf countries are less compared to the international level.
- Saudi Arabia wants to combat smoking as it is one in the top list of smokers, It has 14 percent of teenage smokers and 7% of women smokers as per the report of World Health Organization, Adding 100% vat on it will surely bring down the numbers specially in teenagers below 18. See Also : No Tax on expatriates remittance
KING SALMAN ORDERS 100 MILLION SAUDI RIYALS HUMANITARIAN AID TO SYRIA
Saudi Arabia's King Salman has ordered to organize a humanitarian aid campaign in the Kingdom from 27th December to collect an amount of 100 million Saudi Riyals to help the disturbed Syria people.
- The Kingdom's King Salman has started the humanitarian aid campaign by donating its first amount of 20 million Saudi Riyals.
- Following the King Salman, Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Naif donated 10 million Saudi Riyals for this humanitarian aid campaign.
- Saudi's Deputy Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman donated 8 million Saudi Riyals to help the people who are suffering in Syria.
- From 27th December 2016, it will reach in the whole Kingdom including all regions to collect the humanitarian aid for Syria people as per the statement of Saudi Press Agency in Saudi Arabia.
- This Humanitarian aid is help for the painful people of Syria who are suffering and in difficult situations specially for those who are displaced and evacuated from Aleppo and other areas in Syria.
- The King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Works will be in touch with the related NGO authorities to provide food, shelter, medicines and aid items to the effected people.
IS CELEBRATING OR GREETING CHRISTMAS IS ALLOWED IN SAUDI ARABIA?
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a pure Islamic country with a 100 percent of Muslim citizens population, It is strictly prohibited to celebrate Christmas openly in Saudi Arabia, So Santa is not welcome here. Trending : New fee on Saudi Expats from 2017
It is not permissible for a Muslim to greet Christians with a greeting message of "Happy Christmas" or "Merry Christmas". As it clearly means "Happy God's Birthday or God's son Birthday". It is directly contradicting with the Quranic Verse "ALLAH DID NOT GIVE BIRTH NOR HE WAS BORN" (Quran, 112:3). Recommend : Benefits of GOSI for expats
- If you greet them, It means you endorse their faith as per scholars, However in order to not hurt other people feelings you can greet them as "Happy Holiday" or you can provide them a gift.
- Even Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) birthday celebration is not allowed to celebrate in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as it is treated to be a new innovation in the Islamic religion, So any new innovations in the Islamic religion are strictly prohibited. See Also : Procedure to register on GOSI online as contributor
- Muslims did not celebrate Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) birthday until four centuries after his death, Later the practice was started in Egypt and the date of Prophet birth and date was chosen for the celebration. Read Also : Check your all salary details online in the Kingdom
- The date of birth of Prophet Muhammad(Peace Be Upon Him) and Prophet Jesus(Peace Be Upon Him) is unknown. Christians did not celebrate the birth of Christ for the first three centuries after jesus, Later it was started said by Dr. Bilal Philips. Hot : Saudi Arabia new currency from 2017
NO INCOME TAX BUT NEW FEE ON EXPATS FROM JULY 2017
Saudi Arabia's new budget for the year 2017 brings new and unexpected things for expatriates and companies "Introducing a new fee on expatriates with dependents starting from July 2017" . The expat dependents fee is about to collect by Jawazat at the time of Iqama renewal.
- No Income Tax on expatriates or citizens of Saudi Arabia. Recommend : Proposal of 6% tax on expats remittance
- Introducing a new fees on expats those have dependents starting from 1st July 2017, this fee is excluded for domestic expat workers. Related : VAT & Sin Tax in Saudi from 2018
For the Year 2017 :
- Starting from the July 2017, Expatriates have to pay monthly SR 100/- riyals tax on each dependent or sponsored person, The fee should be paid to the Passports Office at the time of iqama renewals.
- It means, If you sponsor two persons you need to pay monthly 200 Saudi Riyals. The estimation revenue from this fee government will get about One Billion Saudi Riyals only for the year 2017.
For the Year 2018 :
- 200 Saudi Riyals fee per month on each and every expatriate dependent or sponsored person.
- A monthly tax of 400 Saudi Riyals on each employee, If the company's expatriate employees are more than Saudi employees.
- A tax of 300 riyals monthly on each employee of the company whose foreign employees or expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees.
- The estimation revenue by applying this rules will get the amount of 24 Billion Saudi Riyals. Trending : Register as contributor on GOSI online for free
For the Year 2019 :
- A monthly fee of 300 Saudi Riyals for expatriates on each person or dependent they are sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 600 Saudi Riyals on each employee of the company whose foreign or expatriate employees are more than Saudi Employees.
- A tax of 500 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate employees are less than Saudi employees. Most Viewed : 4 Balochs as one expat under nitaqat program
- The estimation amount of the revenue for the year 2018 is about 44 Billion Saudi Riyals.
For the Year 2020 :
- A fee of 400 Riyals per month on each dependent person expatriate is sponsoring.
- A monthly tax of 800 Saudi Arabian Riyals on each and every employee in the company whose expatriate employees are exceeding Saudi citizen employees.
- A tax of 700 Saudi Arabian riyals monthly on each and every employee whose expatriate or foreign employees are less than the Saudi citizen employees.
- The estimation revenue amount from this tax is about 65 Billion Saudi Riyals. See Also : Benefits for GOSI contributors
GET GOSI CERTIFICATE ONLINE & CHECK YOUR EMPLOYMENT & WAGE HISTORY
GOSI(General Organization for Social Insurance) contributors can easily get their e-GOSI certificate just by logging into their account. It is a valid and valuable proof of your employment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Trending : Register in GOSI as contributor for free
CHECK EMPLOYMENT HISTORY DETAILS IN GOSI :
OCCUPATION HISTORY :
By logging into GOSI online as contributor, You can view your whole personal details like "Social Insurance number", "Border Number", "Registration Number", "Passport Number", "Iqama Number", "Date of Birth", "Iqama Profession", "Company name", "Joining Date", "Field Office", etc,. in the "EMPLOYMENT HISTORY" tab of electronic GOSI. Most Viewed : Benfeits of onine GOSI Registration
WAGE HISTORY :
- Wage History in electronic General Organization of Social Insurance(GOSI) will give your whole salary information from the date you joined the current company to till date. Recommend : Saudi Arabia launches new designed Riyals
MODIFY CONTACT DETAILS IN GOSI :
- As contributor of e-GOSI you can easily edit or modify your details like "Wasel Address", "P.O.Box Address", Phone number, Email etc,. See Also : Saudi Customs stopped a man carrying gold
GENERATE GOSI CERTIFICATE :
Go to "Generate Certificate" from Home tab in online GOSI, Now choose certificate type as "Certification of contributor months and wages INT", Then click on "GENERATE". Now you can view, save or download your online GOSI E-CERTIFICATE. Read this : Four Balochs as one expat in new Saudization