GOOGLE DUO APP IS NOW WORKING IN SAUDI ARABIA
Google duo video calling is now working in Saudi Arabia, since the day it was launched (16th August 2016), Its unique 'knock knock' feature will allow a live video of caller before the receiver receive the call. It is similar & against of Apple's Facetime, Microsoft's Skype, Facebook Messenger and Google own Hangout application.
- Google Duo one to one free video calling app allows simple, high quality calls and available for both IOS devices, Android smartphones. Recommended : Now Whatsapp on Laptop & PC
- Unique knock knock feature will send your live video with to the receiver before they lift a call. Users can disable (ON or OFF) Knock Knock feature anytime. Similar : Activate Sim using Wathiq in Absher
- Super smooth switching between WiFi and mobile data without disturbing your call. Google duo video call even works on slower networks by reducing the resolution of camera to call smoothly. Related : Saudi Law for Expatriates
- No signup required for Google or Google duo, Just verification of mobile number is enough to use Google Duo app. You call anyone in your contacts with just one tap. See Also : Online Visit Visa in Dubai
- Google duo app is fast and reliable with a simple interface, The privacy and security of calls are end to end encrypted. You May Like : Saudi Exit ReEntry Visa Status Online
- It is quite opposite to Facetime of apple, Skype of Microsoft, Messenger of Facebook and Google owned Hangouts.
RUMORS ON INCREMENT OF IQAMA RENEWAL FEE
Rumors of "increasing fees for the renewal of Iqama from 2400 to 6000 Saudi riyals" is roaming on social media networks, If you see such news do not believe it, just skip it. Our blog readers continuously asking it from last few days in comments and messages, we responded them 'till now, there is no official announcement like that'.
As many people are asking the same question, Today we thought to write on it, The passport department also confirmed that it is a rumor and warned people from trusting it, spoke person of General Directorate of Passports, Talal Al -Shalhoub, told in a statement to Arab news. You May Like : Online Visit Visa Application
Regarding family visit visa fee of 2000 riyals, It is officially announced that every entry visa will be 2000 from 1st Moharram 1438 (2nd Oct 2016). Recommended : Jawazat Iqama Visa Fees New
- Here every entry visa includes all types of visas like Hajj visa, Umrah visa, visit visa, etc,. Kingdom will bear the fee of 2000 SR for those who are coming first time on Hajj visa or Umrah visa. Similar : Umrah on Family Visit Visa
- If you ask visit visa fee applicable for each person or per family, For that you need to wait. As much more details on this fee structure are yet to come. Related : Saudi Work Visit Visa
- However visit visa's are closed for now till Hajj, So you need to be patient for applying visit visa, As it will open after the Hajj season, till that we will get exact details on new family visit visa application. See Also : Saudi Visit Visas closed till Hajj
CHECK OR PRINT HAJJ PERMIT (TASREEH) FROM MOI
Hajj Ministry Saudi Arabia and Ministry Of Interior (MOI) together provided a service for local Hajj pilgrims to check or print(download) their Hajj print online. Residents of KSA, who successfully applied and paid Hajj fee for this year can get their Hajj permit (Tasreeh), This article will help you to print your hajj permit from MOI official website. Recommended : Saudi Hajj Ministry website
Procedure to check and print Hajj permit for residents of Saudi Arabia :
1. Visit official Ministry Of Interior portal on www.moi.gov.sa then click on "ELECTRONIC INQUIRIES" then from left side select "HAJJ PERMIT", After that select "INQUIRY ABOUT HAJJ PERMIT". Or simply you can go through this link "www.moi.gov.sa".
2. Now enter the Iqama number(For Expats) or National Identity Number(For Saudi's) in first text box of "USER NIN/IQAMA". Related : Hajj packages in Saudi Arabia
3. Select your calendar preference "HIJRI" for Arabic calendar date of birth or "GREGORIAN" for English calendar date of birth. You can enter your date of birth using slash like "DD/MM/YYYY" or select from calendar. Similar : Saudi Arabia Family Visit Visa closed till hajj
4. Enter the Image code in the next text box, As shown in the image just below text box, after you entered, Click on "CHECK HAJJ PERMIT STATUS". See Also : Facts about Hajj without permit
5. If you have a hajj permit you will see a message like "The entered ID holder has hajj permit with شركة الرحلة المباركة المحدودة for the year 1437", If you do not have a permit you will see "The entered ID holder does not have hajj permit". You May Like : Hajj Status of Expats
6. To download or print the Hajj permit, You can click on "PRINT".
PROCEDURE TO APPLY SAUDI TRANSIT VISA
Transit Visa means a visa which allows you to pass through a country and is applicable for those who have a short stay of more than 12 hours and less than 72 hours in Saudi Arabia, Most of the people intend to perform Umrah with short stay for more than 12 hours through Jeddah Airport as it is near to Makkah. For such travelers, Immigrants will not allow to leave airport without valid Saudi Transit Visa.
To apply transit visa of Saudi Arabia online, You should visit Enjaz website as they are authorized from Saudi Arabia government. Recommended : Changes in Visa Fee scale from Hijri New Year
1. Go through this link "Enjaz", Then you can click on "INDIVIDUALS", then select "VISA SERVICES" after that you have to choose "Application for Visa from Saudi Missions abroad".
3. Then enter all your personal details in the same form like Name in Arabic and English, Passport Details and Nationality details. Related : Payment procedure for Multiple Re Entry Visa
4. In Visa Information section, Choose Visa type as "TRANSIT" and enter all the required details, You can also add any companions, If you have, at last after entering image code click on "SAVE".
5. Once you saved, It will redirect you to payment screen, Where you need to pay 10.5$ by entering your credit card or bank details. Once you paid you will see a page with details of payment and application number. It is better if you take screen shot of it or print of it. See Also : Multiple ReEntry Visa Online
- Now you have to visit your local country Saudi Embassy or Consulate and submit your application to the concerned department, You need to submit the copies of your Passport, Residence card, Print out of Enjaz application, confirmed tickets and a declaration form. Normally it takes 7 days or less to process your visa, the date of expected visa will be given to you. Check this : Check Saudi Final Exit Visa Status
Reasons of Transit Visa Rejection :
1. If you tell the reason, you want to go to Umrah, So why you applied transit visa.
2. Women with out husband or a legal guardian. You May Like : Family Visa Online Payment Procedure
Do not even think of Overstay, Overstay for Transit Visa holders will cost more than 750$ per day.
SAUDI ARABIA LIFTS BAN ON BANGLADESHI WORKERS
After the six years of ban on recruiting Bangladeshi workers excluding domestic workers, Now Saudi Labor Ministry and Social Development cheers the Bangladeshi people by lifting the ban on new recruitment's.
Lifting of ban on Bangladeshi workers will cover all types of workers including unskilled, skilled, professionals like doctors, teachers, farm, nurses, construction workers as per the statement of Bangladesh Ambassador Golam Moshi. He also said Saudi Arabia was always with Bangladesh good and bad times and he thanked King Salman for resuming the recruitment. You May Like : No More Expats in Telecom from Sept 2
- After the meeting of King Salman (Custodian of Two Holy Mosques) and Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheik Hasina, The diplomatic mission recalled for opening of the Bangladeshi recruitment channels. Read this : No more need of Exit Re Entry print
- Currently Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has 1.3 million Bangladeshi workers out of which 60,000 are female domestic workers. An average of 6000 female workers are arriving in Saudi per month. Similar : Iqama Transfer without Kafeel
- Starting from June of this year, Only male domestic workers visas are issued. Bangladesh is serving 48 types of workers for Kingdom. In January, Ministers of Saudi and Bangladesh came to a decision to increase the numbers in Bangla housemaids. Related : Check Sponsor Details
- Bangladesh Foreign Minister Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali and foreign Minister Dipu Moni visited Kingdom number of times for requesting the removal of ban on Bangladeshi's. Recommended : Expired Family Exit Re Entry
UAE DRIVING LICENSE TO SAUDI LICENSE FROM DALLAH DRIVING SCHOOL
Our blog reader Mr.Nadim shared his valuable experience of "Converting UAE Driving License to Saudi Driving License" with us, And he want to share his experience with all our readers, So that it will be useful for the person who need it.
Process for converting UAE driving license from Dallah Driving School Riyadh:
Required Documents :
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Original Saudi Arabia's Iqama and UAE driving license. See Also : Check your Iqama Sponsorship
- Photocopies of Passport, Entry Visa page, Saudi Iqama and UAE driving license. Recommended : Saudi Driving License Renewal
Procedure for Converting UAE driving license to Saudi Driving License:
1. pay the licence fees either through Saudi online banking or you can also pay through agents in Dallah school. Similar : Driving License Saudi Arabia
2. Get the driving license form from agent on the main entrance he will charge SR 4/-.
3. There is one room for blood test and eye test who charges SR 150/- and gives you the report and fills your form. Read this : Check Traffic Violation
4. Then go to the main building and go to counter 6 and inform the police office in the counter that you want to change your UAE licence. He will stamp your file and ask you to go to other side counter 2.
5. Go there and submit the file and your original UAE licence. Related : Visit Visa for Dubai online
6. In next 5-10 minutes they will announce your name and will handover the new Saudi driving license.
7. They will take your UAE license and no driving test required.
DRIVING LICENSE FEE SAUDI ARABIA :
Total cost for making 10 years Saudi Driving license from UAE driving license is = 400+150+4 = SR 554/-.
All the best!
EXPERIENCE ON IQAMA FOR NEWBORN BABY IN SAUDI ARABIA
I would like to share my recent experience (from Riyadh Passports Head Office - King Fahad Road) on Iqama issuance of my newly KSA borned baby, I hope many are searching for the same through blogs. I received the Birth Certificate from Al Ahwal Madani on 18/07/2016 and I shared the same experience through this blog here "Experience on Birth Certificate". After the Birth Certificate I made Passport for my baby and I thought everything was over, But its not. These whole experience was presented by Mr. Nandu.
Normally Baby Iqama's are issued by Company HR or Moqib of the respective companies. So I contacted our Moqib and when our Moqib went for Jawazath they refused the application. They informed that, this work must be done by the Sponsor of the Baby, that too via online appointment (This new policy is active in Riyadh only at this moment). I tried online via Absher to make the appointment. I tried 3 Days continuously and I couldn’t make it. Recommended : Birth Certificate Appointment Online
- I thought that the system has stopped issuing appointments and I read same complaints everywhere in the Internet. Our HR gone Jawazath directly and reported this issue. They informed him that “Try until you get the Appointment”. The next day also I started trying and with the blessings of God finally on 02/08/2016, I was able to book the appointment. The appointment date was 09/08/2016 11AM (Today). Similar : Add New Born Baby Under your Iqama
Today Morning 6.45AM, I reached the Jawazath Head office which is located in King Fahad Branch Road. I went to the Counter near the car parking. By 7.30AM Staffs arrived and they issued tokens to everyone those who hold appointment irrespective of the appointment time. NOTE: I had seen many people without Appointments are also present and some lucky guys with solid reason got the service done without appointment. See Also : Dependent Iqama Procedure
As per the token I was guided to a counter and an officer in Uniform was in charge. Read this : Online Dependent Exit Re Entry Visa
Documents required by them
- Duly Filled Iqama issue form with Company seal (2 color photos of baby must pinned in it)
- Birth Certificate of Baby in Original and 1 copy of it.
- Baby Passport in Original and 1 copy of it.
- Copy of your Iqamas(Your+Wife)(Keep original)
The counter staff issued Iqama with in 2 minutes. The same time dependant list in Absher got updated and everything is over. Hope this experience may helpful for anyone in this situation.
Eng Nandu Naroth Thazhath
EXPATS SHOULD NOT BE IN TELECOM SECTOR FROM 2ND SEPTEMBER
Earlier this year the ministry of Labor and Social Development of Saudi made a new rule to replace expat labor force in the telecom industry with Saudi nationals. The secretary made clear the motive behind this decision is, to improve job opportunities for the Saudis and to invite younger generation onto the field of technology. This decision is believed to impart progress on the national growth and technical efficacy of the country.
It is ordered to replace 50% of the workforce with Saudis by June 6 of 2016 and within September 2, the entire telecom industry must be nationalized. The state has given 6 months for the companies to correct their workforce status and the ministry is very strict in this amendment after the announcement has made public. Recommended : Expatriates can get treatment in Saudi Government hospitals
This new decision was inserted as article 36 of Saudi labor Law. According to which any violation of this law will result in a strict penalty and shutdown procedure. The present penalty is decided to be SR 20000, which might be later revised.
- The office of ministry had done a field visit in order to check their first benchmark. Till now around 1700 shops in various parts of Saudi were forced to shut down, due to the rule violation. Another 1000 shops were given a last warning before the penalty. Similar : No Big vehicles allowed for small expat families
- The ministry informed a field visit of over 20000 companies and shops dealing with telecom products and services. Also, they have ordered to maintain separate departments for sales, services, and accessories with all workforce's being Saudis. You May Like : Check your Health Insurance Online
- There came a mixed review for this decision, where expats became sad due to crashed job opportunities for them, where most nationals welcomed it since this created a huge opening for local Saudis. Related : Fingerprints must for Expat kids above 6 years
- The vocational training department has trained and prepared around 30000 males and females to deal the telecom industry, where each of the personnel under goes an apprenticeship for a span of over 3 months in order to ensure market competency. The replaced expats are trying the construction industry and other electronic sectors in order to meet the bread, where a minority population has returned home.
In the meanwhile, the fully operational and functional female ran mobile shop in Al Rima, East Riyadh received appreciation from all around the country. All the employees in the shop are females and the owner commented that this initiation would motivate the women to step onto the technical world and walk with the latest. See Also : Saptco Bus Service Riyadh
REMITTANCE OF EXPATS SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN THEIR INCOME
Saudi Labor ministry is planning to implement a new rule to control the flow of money out of the country. The decision definitely supports the local Saudi economy but has thrown lemons at expats life. According to the rule, the Saudi government will make a statistical report of the expats income and outflow.
Bounded by the law an expatriate shouldn’t transfer money more than his income. This rule would put an end to illegal flow of money pooled from non-ethical sources. The amendment is applicable to any expat who works and gets paid in the kingdom of Saudi. According to Saudis population, 9 out of 10 employees in each sector are expats, such that these laws are very important ensuring an economic stability to the kingdom of Saudi. Recommended : No Tax on Outward Remittance
- Saudi Labor minister Adel Fakih added that this decision would revert millions of riyal back to the country, which shall be used for the development of the country. They also focus on ending illegal business, criminal activities, smuggling and other non-ethical sources of income by implanting such a law. According to the department of statistics, around 11 million of the total population are expatriates, which constitutes around 30% of the whole population of Saudi Arabia. Similar : Proposal of Tax on remit
- The government aims at a unified network of money transaction linked by the expat's bank account such that it would be easy for the government to keep track of the remittance status. Prior to that they will collect the salary status of each expat and do a timely comparison to keep track of their strategy. Read this : Riyadh to Philippine peso
- Though this decision is soothing to Saudis, it doesn’t seem so with immigrants. Many raised queries against this rule as many claims that this would distress their sideline works and legal off chart earnings. Last year alone nearly 10000 expats lost a job due to modification and implementations of new laws and regulations. You May Like : Transfer Money Overseas
NEW AMENDMENTS IN TRAFFIC RULES
Based on the decision of Ministry Of Finance and Ministry Of Economy and Planning, The cabinet and the Council of Ministers, revised the penalties of traffic violation (added new amendments), which is going to effect from the new Hijri year (01-01-1438) that is October 2, of the year 2016. Next : Revised Visa Fee Scale
PENALTIES FOR TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS :
- Added new amendment in Article 68, Accidents involved drivers should stop the vehicle at the scene and should inform to the concern department, He also have to provide the possible help to the injured in the accident, If he fails to do so, A fine of maximum SR 10,000/- or imprisoned for a term not more than 3 months or both. Recommended : Check Traffic fines online
- For crossing a red light signal and for using illegal number plate you will be fined SR 3000/-
- For crossing a red light signal and for using illegal number plate you will be fined SR 3000/-
- New amendment is added in Article 69, Stunt driving is a traffic violence, Violator will be penalized with SR 20,000/- including seize of vehicle for 15 days. Similar : Drivers License
- For second violation, violator have to pay a fine of SR 40,000/- with seize of vehicle for 30 days.
- For third violation, He must pay a fine of SR 60,000/- With a seize of vehicle. Violator will be present to the court in all the above cases. If the vehicle is stolen or rented one, Their will be no seize of the vehicle. See Also : Renew Driving License
- Article 70 New amendment, Any one who seizes the driving license or istimara of other people or gives it to mortgage will face a fine minimum SR 1000/- or a maximum of SR 2000/-. You May Like : Driving Using Mobile Phone
REVISED NEW VISA'S FEE TO EFFECT FROM 2nd OCT 2016
Based on the recommendation of Ministry Of Finance and Ministry Of Economy and Planning, The cabinet and the Council of Ministers, took a decision to revise the visa fees and penalties of traffic violation which is going to effect from new year of Hijri calendar (1st Muharram 1438) that is 2nd October of 2016. Related Article : Jawazat Services Fee Scale
The below mentioned Exit Re Entry Fee Scale is applicable for all visas including Work Visa, Visit Visa, Haj and Umrah Visa. The Final approved fee structure is yet to come, It covers all types of Visas.
Single Exit Re Entry Visa Fee Scale :
- Expatriates Single Exit Re Entry visa for two months is SR 200/- and SR 100/- for each additional month till the expiry date of your residence permit. Read this : Check exit reentry Visa Status
Multiple Exit Re Entry Visa Fee Scale :
- Multiple Exit Re Entry visa fee will costs SR 500/- for three months and SR 200/- for each additional month till the validity of your iqama. Similar : Multiple Reentry Exit Visa
- Foreign visitors Multiple exit re entry visa will costs SR 3000/- for six months, For one year it will be SR 5000/- and for two years the charge will be SR 8000/- Recommended : Check Kafeel Name
- There will be no fee for first time Haj or Umrah entry visa, From second entry you will be charged SR 2000/- You May Also Like : Facts About Hajj without Permit
- Government will bear first time Haj and Umrah fee, Which is costing about 2 Billion Saudi Riyals every year.
- Government will bear first time Haj and Umrah fee, Which is costing about 2 Billion Saudi Riyals every year.
Saudi Transit visa fee costs SR 300/-
Exit VisaFrom Seaports :
Expatriates with Final Exit Visa from seaports have to pay a fee of SR 50/- See Also : Final Exit Visa in Saudi Arabia
KING SALMAN ORDER TO RESOLVE THE ISSUES OF UNPAID EXPATS
Saudi Arabia's King Salman ordered to resolve the issues of unpaid workers, To fulfill this order, An amount of 100 million Saudi riyals is to be deposit in Saudi Arab fund account. Necessary steps would be taken to stop the repetition of such incidents in the future of the Kingdom.
Government will not issue payments to the contracted companies till they resolve their employees unpaid dues. Thousands of complaints are registered from Saudi Oger workers and other companies employees, that they are not getting their salaries from the past nine months.
Ministry's inspection team found that Saudi Oger and other companies violated its employees contracts by not providing them health insurances, food and maintaining of accommodation. As per the order of King Salman, Ministry will take following measures of distress workers whose companies failed to address their issues. Related : Saudi Sponsor Details
- Supply of food and drinking water to the workers, Maintenance and cleaning of their accommodation, Free medical services at their camps.
- Renewal of residence permits would be done for those who want to stay in the company. See Also : Renew Iqama Saudi Arabia
- Transfer of sponsorships without any fee with the help of concerned embassies. Recommended : Transfer Iqama Sponsorship without kafeel
- Issuance of final exit visas and free transportation service from Saudia Airlines to their home country for those who wish to leave the kingdom with the help of concerned embassies. Similar : How to check final exit in Saudi Arabia
- Labor authorities will authorize legal agencies to pursue unpaid salaries of employees.
All the above services will be offered freely to the distress workers, later Finance ministry will deduct it from the floundering companies accounts as dues. You May Also Like : Claim Compensation
CAREEM TAXI A PRIVATE CHAUFFEUR SERVICE IN MIDDLE EAST
Careem Taxi is a private chauffeur service or online cab booking service in Saudi Arabia and middle east countries, By accessing this application you can book a private car or limousine right from the place where you are. You can signup from this link "Signup for Careem Taxi" and get free SR 30 to SR 50 credit to travel any place within minutes right from your place .
Careem is in Saudi Arabia since 2 years with 300k users and 6k cars, Most of the expatriates and citizens are using this service, For now kareem taxi is successfully operational in various cities including Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Dahran and Khobar. Recommended : Penalty of Using Cell phone while driving
- Careem application is also available on Play Store and IOS with 4+ stars, For Signing Up in Careem, You need to enter your Name, Mobile Number, Email, Password and use this Promo Code "HZU95W17G1" for getting free credit of SR 30 balance in your kareem account.
Procedure to use Careem Taxi for booking private Cab or Limousine :
1. Login to your careem application on your smartphone or online website www.careem.com
2. In home screen you will see a map and a pin to select, You need to move that pin to your current location, So that it will show a time for reaching taxi to you, If the time shown is okay for you. Similar : Penalty for Eating while driving in KSA
- Make sure you select "GO" from the above menu, You can also choose any options from "ECONOMY", "BUSINESS" and "MAX (For 6 Seats) ", You need to click on "RIDE NOW" and then "YALLA".
3. Once you clicked "YALLA", If you have credit on your current, It will show a message "You currently have credit of SR 50 in your account, Would you like to use the credit for this booking", You can click "YES", If you want to use credit.
4. Thats it, Now Careem will find a nearest cab to you and will send you a message with details of driver and car including car model and car number. Related : How to apply for Driving License in Saudi
5. Within specified time or before the time, Careem cab will be near to you, You can travel to your destination.