SAUDI ARABIA'S KING SALMAN & CROWN PRINCE CONGRATULATES INDIAN PM ON HIS VICTORY
Saudi Arabia's King Salman congratulated newly elected Indian Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi on his second term in the country through a telephone call as per the report of Saudi Press Agency (SPA). Trending : Saudi Arabia deposits $250 million in Sudan's central bank
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman expressed his sincere congratulations to Indian PM Narendra Modi on the success and wished more prosperity for the Indian people. Recommend : Saudi Arabia shoot downs 2 missile heading towards Makkah and Jeddah
- The Indian PM thanked the Saudi Arabia's King for the telephone call and expressed his keenness to strengthen relations between India and Saudi Arabia in various fields.
- Earlier on the day of Election results, King Salman sent a cable of congratulations to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on winning the general elections under the leadership of Narendra Modi.
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, The deputy premier and Minister of Defense also sent a similar cable of congratulations to the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. See Also : Saudi family forgets 3 year daughter in Taxi in Makkah found in Madina
- He wished the Prime Minister good health and steady progress and prosperity for the citizens of India.
REGISTRATIONS FOR HAJJ 2019 FOR LOCAL PILGRIMS TO START FROM 1ST DHUL QADAH, 1st PHASE STARTED
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah announced its date for the registration of Hajj this year 1440 (2019) for locals (Expats & Citizens) living in Saudi Arabia. Registrations to start from 1st Dhul Qa'da (4th July 2019). Trending : eVisas for Hajj and Umrah pilgrims within minutes
The first phase for domestic pilgrims has already started from 20th May 2019, where pilgrims can browse the programs, services and prices offered by 190 Hajj service companies for 227,000 Hajj pilgrims.
- There will be 3 types of packages this year for Hajj. Recommend : Saudi Crown Prince increased Hajj quota for Indians
1. Hospitality : Hospitality offers variety of services like lodging in Mina towers, return flights, land transportation to Makkah and other essential services. This package price ranges from 6,508 SR to 11,905 SR.
2. Economical 1 : Economical 1 offers a value driven with several options like lodging in Mina camps, return land transportation from the various cities and Mashaer train service. This package cost ranges from 3,447 SR to 4,797 SR. Read : Heavy penalties for overstaying on Hajj visas
3. Economical 2 : Economical 2 is the cheapest package costs about 3,465 SR, It offers accommodation and all the essential services on a fixed rate, Can accommodate in approved lodges, facilities of Mashaer train during the das of Tashreeq.
- For more details on the packages and offered services, One can visit and browse at https://localhaj.haj.gov.sa/
SAUDI ARABIA IMPOSES 100% TAX ON E-CIGARETTES & 50% ON SUGARY DRINKS
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has imposed a new special tax of 100 per cent on electronic cigarettes and 50 per cent on sugary drinks starting from Saturday as per the statement of The General Authority of Zakat and Tax. Trending : Saudi Arabia shoots down two missiles heading towards Makkah and Jeddah
Saudi Arabia introduced similar taxes called Selective Tax before two years in the year 2017 stating 100% tax on cigarettes, tobacco products and energy drinks and 50% tax on soft drinks. Similar : Saudi Arabia implemented Selective Tax
- The tax on e-cigarettes and sugary drinks fall under the category of selective taxes, which are harmful for the public health.
- Saudi Arabia introduced a 5 per cent of Value Added Tax (VAT) last year in January 2018, In order to improve the non oil revenue generation. The Kingdom was first to introduce in the GCC States. See Also : Imports of tobacco products dropped by 43% in Saudi Arabia
- Value Added Tax (VAT) introduction had been successful in Saudi Arabia, However the Saudi government is charging very less compared to the global standards.
SAUDI ARABIA DEPOSITED $250 MILLION INTO SUDAN'S CENTRAL BANK
Saudi Arabia has deposited 250 million US dollars in the Sudanese central bank said the Kingdom's Ministry of Finance in its statement. Trending : King Salman hosted Sudanese Umrah pilgrims till their flights restored
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates together pledged to send 3 million US dollars worth of aid to Sudan, after the heavy protests led to the ouster of the Sudan's President Omar Al Bashir.
- The move is going to strengthen Sudan's financial position, alleviate pressure on the Sudanese pound and will achieve more stability in the exchange rate. Recommend : Saudi Arabia shoots down 2 missiles heading towards Makkah
- United Arab Emirates and the Kingdom have deposited 500 million US dollars now into Sudan's Central Bank, which is the first installment of the joint package of aid.
- The remaining amount is allocated for urgent needs of the Sudanese people which includes food, medications and oil derivatives. See Also : Google cancels Huawei's Android license
- Saudi Arabia to support the Sudanese people and its support will strengthen the financial and economic situation in Sudan, especially the Currency exchange rate of the Sudanese pound, which will reflect positively on the living of the Sudanese people.
SAUDI ARABIA'S AIR DEFENSES SHOOTS DOWN TWO MISSILES HEADING TOWARDS MAKKAH & JEDDAH
Saudi Arabia's air defense forces shoots down two missiles heading towards Makkah and Jeddah fired by Iran backed Houthis in Yemen as per the report of Al Arabiya news.
The report said the ballistic missile was shot down in Taif, just 50 Km away from Makkah, and the other was intercepted at Red Sea port city of Jeddah, eyewitnesses including Saudi channel cited the moments of shot down.
- The Saudi government is yet to issue a formal statement to acknowledge the missile fire. Many Muslims took the social media to express their anger with a trending hashtag #HouthiStrikeMecca.
- However, The Houthis made no official claims to the missile fire, till now.
- The Makkah city is in between the two cities of Taif and Jeddah, As both the missiles were shot down near to the Holy Muslims. The world Muslims showing anger and fear on social media platforms.
- Worldwide Muslims in millions visiting the Holy Mosque of Makkah to perform their Umrah in the holy month of Ramadan, when they are fasting from dawn to dusk.
GOOGLE CANCELS HUAWEI'S ANDROID LICENSE
Google has suspended business with Huawei and cancelled the Android license, Currently, Huawei is the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world. Most Viewed : Rules and conditions of Saudi Green Card
The suspension move from Google comes after the US government has added in the 'Entity List', it means US companies cannot do business with Chinese telecom without 'explicit approval' from the government. Trending : Places on earth where sun never sets
- Huawei in its statement said it would continue to provide security updates and services for its smartphones and tablets around the world despite barring from Google. The company have made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android.
- Huawei also said it will continue to provide updates to the existing customers and Honor smartphone and tablet products which already sold and still in stock globally. See Also : Flynas announced new direct flights
- We continue to build a safe and sustainable software, in order to provide the best experience for all global users.
- Android in an official statement said, We assure you while we are complying with all US government requirements, services like Google Play and security from Google Play Protect will keep functioning on your existing Huawei devices.
- However, Google may stop services like Gmail, Google Chrome and YouTube apps for the Huawei devices. But Google Play will continue to work.
- Huawei is a rapidly growing leader in 5G technology but depends on foreign suppliers. The company CEO said, We have not done anything wrong which violates the law.
- Huawei is the target of a campaign by Washington, which is trying to persuade allies not to allow China a role in building next generation 5G mobile networks.
- Intel Corp, Qualcomm Inc, Xilinx Inc and Broadcom Inc have also said they will not be supplying Huawei till further notice.
REGULATIONS OF NEW SPECIAL PRIVILEGE IQAMA
Good news for those who are going to get special privilege iqama (Saudi Green Card) as Saudi Arabia is not going to collect expat levy or dependent fee, which is applicable on expatriates working in the private sector. Trending : Saudi Arabia's Green Card or Privilege iqama fee
1. The Special Privilege Iqama holders can keep their family members along with them without paying dependent fee including wives, daughters and sons who are below the age of 21 years.
2. The special iqama holders can by residential, commercial and industrial properties any where in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia except the two holy cities of Makkah and Madina.
3. However, they cannot buy but they can invest to benefit from the real estate in the holy cities of Makkah and Madina for the period of up to 99 years.
4. The Special Privilege Iqama will not automatically entitle its holders to Saudi Nationality. Most Viewed : Big news on Saudi Green Card
5. The bearer of Special Privilege Iqama can own means of transportation, work in any private establishment and can freely switch jobs, this rule is also applicable for the family members of the special iqama holder.
6. They can work on any job except those which are reserved for Saudi nationals. They can work on any commercial legal activity.
7. They can go out of the Kingdom on their own any time they want, they can also use special passport desks designated for Saudi citizens. See Also : Saudi Iqama for expats with special rights
8. Special Iqama holders can obtain number of visit visas for their relatives, they can also recruit domestic workers.
9. There will be two types in Special Privilege Iqama, one is yearly renewable which costs about 100,000 Saudi Riyals and the second one is with unlimited period which costs about 800,000 Saudi Riyals.
10. The Special Privilege Iqama can be canceled if the bearer is convicted in any crime for which he is sentenced for 60 days or more, or fined with 100,000 Saudi Riyals or to be deported from the Kingdom on order of the court.
11. It can also be canceled if the data provided in the application is found to be incorrect later. Read : Alternative punishments soon for Saudi Prisoners
12. The special iqama holders can voluntarily give away their privileged special status, if they wished so, they will lose it in case of death reported Saudi Gazette.
May 19, 2019
PLACES ON EARTH WHERE THERE IS NO DARKNESS AND THE SUN NEVER SETS
Most of us are very comfortable with 12 hours day and 12 hours night due to the rotation of the earth around sun, but there are few places where sun never sets and there will be sunlight for all 24 hours without a break. Similar : World's longest and shortest fasting hours places for Ramadan
LIST OF SOME PLACES WHERE SUN NEVER SETS :
1. NORWAY : Norway is known for the land of midnight sun, because of high altitude, however there are seasonal variations in daylight because of the period of refracted sunlight is long. Recommend : Saudi Arabia to host G20 Summit for the first time in November 2020
2. FINLAND : In most of the parts of the Finland, the sun shines for straight 73 hours during summer and there will be no sunlight during winters. The midnight sun shines above the Arctic circle, however here the sun briefly dips beyond the horizon and then rises again, which makes the blurring of the boundary between dying night and dawning day.
3. SWEDEN : Every year there is constant sunshine lasts for up to 6 months in a year, From early May to late August, The sun sets around midnight and rises again at nearly four in the morning. See Also : Check Umrah visa status and applicable fee on specific passport
4. ALASKA : Alaska is south of the Arctic Circle, where the sun sets around 12:30 AM in the summer solstice, The sun doesn't set in Alaska from late May to late July.
5. ICELAND : The sun never fully sets and travels horizontally across this horizon throughout the night, Europe's 2nd largest island sees no dark from May till July as the sun is above horizon all the time. During Arctic Summer, Sun sets at midnight and then again rises at 3 AM in the morning. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia is the 3rd happiest country in the Middle East & Northern Africa
6. CANADA : Canada is the 2nd largest country which sees continuous sunlight for nearly 50 days in summer, in some places like Inuvik and the Northwest territories. The country is covered in snow around the year.
May 18, 2019
WORLD'S LONGEST AND SHORTEST FASTING TIMES IN RAMADAN 2019 (1440)
World's Longest and Shortest fasting hours in the Ramadan 2019, The Calculation is based on the timings of Fajar prayer and Magrib prayer. Murmansk, Russia only has 3 hours of darkness as the sunrises again at 1.41 AM.
SHORTEST FASTING HOURS IN THE WORLD FOR RAMADAN 2019
1. Ushuaia, Argentina - 11 Hours
2. Santiago, Chile & Capetown, South Africa - 12.04 Hours
3. Rio de Janeiro - 12.28 Hours
4. Dar Es Salam, Tanzania - 13.05 Hours
5. Nairobi, Kenya - 13.17 Hours
6. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - 13.44 Hours
7. Sana, Yemen - 14.05 Hours
8. Hyderabad, India - 14.09 Hours
9. Miami, USA - 14.25 Hours
10. Muscat, Oman - 14.33 Hours
11. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 14.37 Hours
12. Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 14.39 Hours
13. Delhi, India - 14.51 Hours
14. Los Angeles, USA - 15.01 Hours
15. Cairo, Egypt & Jerusalem, Palestine - 15.06 Hours
16. Islamabad, Pakistan & Baghdad, Iraq - 15.14 Hours
17. Beirut, Lebanon - 15.16 Hours
18. Tehran, Iran - 15.26 Hours
19. New York, USA - 15.38 Hours
20. Lima, Peru - 15.42 Hours
LONGEST FASTING HOURS IN THE WORLD FOR RAMADAN 2019
1. Murmansk, Russia - 20.45 hours
2. Lulea, Sweden - 19.43 hours
3. Reykjavik, Iceland - 19.26 hours
4. Fairbanks, Alaska - 19.17 hours
5. Oslo, Norway - 18.43 hours
6. Stockholm, Sweden - 18.38 hours
7. Anchorage, Alaska - 18.34 hours
8. Edinburgh, Scottland - 18.14 hours
9. Copenhagen, Denmark - 18.12 hours
10. Berlin, Germany - 17.54 hours
11. London, England - 17.51 hours
12. Paris, France - 17.09 hours
13. Moscow, Russia - 16.23 hours
14. Seattle, Washington - 16.31 hours
15. Tornto, Canada - 15.58 hours
SAUDI ARABIA'S GREEN CARD (SPECIAL PRIVILEGE IQAMA) FEES REVEALED
The fee for Saudi Green Card known as Special Privilege Iqama will be 800,000 Saudi Riyals for unlimited residency and 100,000 Saudi Riyals for one year Special Privilege Iqama as per the sources. Trending : Smart bracelets for Umrah Pilgrims after arrival in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Council of Ministers approved Green Card (Special Privilege Iqama) for qualified expatriates with a number of residency benefits to them.
1. All the nationalities with good relations with the Kingdom are eligible to get permanent residency of Saudi Arabia via Special Privilege Iqama.
2. Applicant should not be less than 21 years. Recommend : Green Signal for Saudi Green Card
3. Applicant should be clean from criminal record.
4. Applicant should not have any contagious diseases, he should submit his medical report.
5. Eligible expatriates should be financially solvent. See Also : Qualified expats to get Saudi Green Card
6. He should have a valid passport from his country.
- A Special Privilege Iqama center to regulate and manage everything about new iqama, The regulations of the law within 90 days. Read : Saudi Arabia is set to introduce alternative punishment for prisoners
- Those who are holding Saudi Green card can enjoy benefits like owning real estate, renting properties, educational services, health services and other specified regulations.
- No Kafeel or sponsor needed for the card holder, he can able to manage his own exit re entries in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- No Kafeel or sponsor needed for the card holder, he can able to manage his own exit re entries in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SMART BRACELETS WILL BE GIVEN TO UMRAH PILGRIMS WITH GPS TECHNOLOGY UPON THEIR ARRIVAL IN SAUDI ARABIA
The National Committee of Hajj and Umrah will provide smart bracelets to Umrah pilgrims with a GPS tracker upon their arrival in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Trending : Leading countries in performing Umrah this season
The aim of this initiative is to help Hajj and Umrah pilgrims with ease as their bracelets will contain their personal data including name, accommodation and maps. Recommend : Mataf area is only for Tawaf except 5 obligatory prayers
- The CEO of the National Committee of Hajj and Umrah said the smart bracelets will have all the pilgrim data and a GPS to take them to their accommodations, hospitals, health centers and other important places of Makkah and Madinah.
- The smart bracelets are water resistant, it will help pilgrims directly to communicate with emergency numbers in Saudi Arabia including a help desk with various languages.
- The company is also looking to rope with a transport company to collect pilgrims luggage upon their arrival and deliver them direct to their accommodation. See Also : Asian pilgrim caught at Jeddah's airport for trying to smuggle drugs in stomach
- Not only that, The committee is looking to establish a shareholding company for Umrah service and to upgrade the extended services to the pilgrims.
May 16, 2019
SAUDI FAMILY FORGETS THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN TAXI IN MAKKAH & FOUND IN MADINA
A family in Saudi Arabia had forgotten a three year old sleeping daughter during a journey in taxi in the western city of Makkah. Trending : Big news on Saudi Green Card
The family visited the Grand Mosque in Makkah to perform Umrah at dawn they took taxi and and headed to hotel in Al Azazia. During the journey the 3 year old girl fell asleep on the back seat of the car. Recommend : Surprising benefits of fasting in Ramadan month
- The family left the taxi near a restaurant, after the taxi gone, they found that their daughter was missing and found that their child was still sleeping inside the taxi.
- The family reported the incident to police authorities and alerted the patrol in the area about the mentioned taxi.
- The car was found after few hours at one of the checkpoint of the holy city Madina, about 400 kilometers far from Makkah. See Also : Saudi man burns sister's car in a viral video
- The driver was an expatriate, He shocked after discovering the presence of the child in his taxi, however Saudi police reunited the child with her family.