REGULATIONS OF NEW SPECIAL PRIVILEGE IQAMA
Good news for those who are going to get special privilege iqama (Saudi Green Card) as Saudi Arabia is not going to collect expat levy or dependent fee, which is applicable on expatriates working in the private sector. Trending : Saudi Arabia's Green Card or Privilege iqama fee
1. The Special Privilege Iqama holders can keep their family members along with them without paying dependent fee including wives, daughters and sons who are below the age of 21 years.
2. The special iqama holders can by residential, commercial and industrial properties any where in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia except the two holy cities of Makkah and Madina.
3. However, they cannot buy but they can invest to benefit from the real estate in the holy cities of Makkah and Madina for the period of up to 99 years.
4. The Special Privilege Iqama will not automatically entitle its holders to Saudi Nationality. Most Viewed : Big news on Saudi Green Card
5. The bearer of Special Privilege Iqama can own means of transportation, work in any private establishment and can freely switch jobs, this rule is also applicable for the family members of the special iqama holder.
6. They can work on any job except those which are reserved for Saudi nationals. They can work on any commercial legal activity.
7. They can go out of the Kingdom on their own any time they want, they can also use special passport desks designated for Saudi citizens. See Also : Saudi Iqama for expats with special rights
8. Special Iqama holders can obtain number of visit visas for their relatives, they can also recruit domestic workers.
9. There will be two types in Special Privilege Iqama, one is yearly renewable which costs about 100,000 Saudi Riyals and the second one is with unlimited period which costs about 800,000 Saudi Riyals.
10. The Special Privilege Iqama can be canceled if the bearer is convicted in any crime for which he is sentenced for 60 days or more, or fined with 100,000 Saudi Riyals or to be deported from the Kingdom on order of the court.
11. It can also be canceled if the data provided in the application is found to be incorrect later. Read : Alternative punishments soon for Saudi Prisoners
12. The special iqama holders can voluntarily give away their privileged special status, if they wished so, they will lose it in case of death reported Saudi Gazette.
May 19, 2019
PLACES ON EARTH WHERE THERE IS NO DARKNESS AND THE SUN NEVER SETS
Most of us are very comfortable with 12 hours day and 12 hours night due to the rotation of the earth around sun, but there are few places where sun never sets and there will be sunlight for all 24 hours without a break. Similar : World's longest and shortest fasting hours places for Ramadan
LIST OF SOME PLACES WHERE SUN NEVER SETS :
1. NORWAY : Norway is known for the land of midnight sun, because of high altitude, however there are seasonal variations in daylight because of the period of refracted sunlight is long. Recommend : Saudi Arabia to host G20 Summit for the first time in November 2020
2. FINLAND : In most of the parts of the Finland, the sun shines for straight 73 hours during summer and there will be no sunlight during winters. The midnight sun shines above the Arctic circle, however here the sun briefly dips beyond the horizon and then rises again, which makes the blurring of the boundary between dying night and dawning day.
3. SWEDEN : Every year there is constant sunshine lasts for up to 6 months in a year, From early May to late August, The sun sets around midnight and rises again at nearly four in the morning. See Also : Check Umrah visa status and applicable fee on specific passport
4. ALASKA : Alaska is south of the Arctic Circle, where the sun sets around 12:30 AM in the summer solstice, The sun doesn't set in Alaska from late May to late July.
5. ICELAND : The sun never fully sets and travels horizontally across this horizon throughout the night, Europe's 2nd largest island sees no dark from May till July as the sun is above horizon all the time. During Arctic Summer, Sun sets at midnight and then again rises at 3 AM in the morning. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia is the 3rd happiest country in the Middle East & Northern Africa
6. CANADA : Canada is the 2nd largest country which sees continuous sunlight for nearly 50 days in summer, in some places like Inuvik and the Northwest territories. The country is covered in snow around the year.
May 18, 2019
WORLD'S LONGEST AND SHORTEST FASTING TIMES IN RAMADAN 2019 (1440)
World's Longest and Shortest fasting hours in the Ramadan 2019, The Calculation is based on the timings of Fajar prayer and Magrib prayer. Murmansk, Russia only has 3 hours of darkness as the sunrises again at 1.41 AM.
SHORTEST FASTING HOURS IN THE WORLD FOR RAMADAN 2019
1. Ushuaia, Argentina - 11 Hours
2. Santiago, Chile & Capetown, South Africa - 12.04 Hours
3. Rio de Janeiro - 12.28 Hours
4. Dar Es Salam, Tanzania - 13.05 Hours
5. Nairobi, Kenya - 13.17 Hours
6. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - 13.44 Hours
7. Sana, Yemen - 14.05 Hours
8. Hyderabad, India - 14.09 Hours
9. Miami, USA - 14.25 Hours
10. Muscat, Oman - 14.33 Hours
11. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 14.37 Hours
12. Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 14.39 Hours
13. Delhi, India - 14.51 Hours
14. Los Angeles, USA - 15.01 Hours
15. Cairo, Egypt & Jerusalem, Palestine - 15.06 Hours
16. Islamabad, Pakistan & Baghdad, Iraq - 15.14 Hours
17. Beirut, Lebanon - 15.16 Hours
18. Tehran, Iran - 15.26 Hours
19. New York, USA - 15.38 Hours
20. Lima, Peru - 15.42 Hours
LONGEST FASTING HOURS IN THE WORLD FOR RAMADAN 2019
1. Murmansk, Russia - 20.45 hours
2. Lulea, Sweden - 19.43 hours
3. Reykjavik, Iceland - 19.26 hours
4. Fairbanks, Alaska - 19.17 hours
5. Oslo, Norway - 18.43 hours
6. Stockholm, Sweden - 18.38 hours
7. Anchorage, Alaska - 18.34 hours
8. Edinburgh, Scottland - 18.14 hours
9. Copenhagen, Denmark - 18.12 hours
10. Berlin, Germany - 17.54 hours
11. London, England - 17.51 hours
12. Paris, France - 17.09 hours
13. Moscow, Russia - 16.23 hours
14. Seattle, Washington - 16.31 hours
15. Tornto, Canada - 15.58 hours
SAUDI ARABIA'S GREEN CARD (SPECIAL PRIVILEGE IQAMA) FEES REVEALED
The fee for Saudi Green Card known as Special Privilege Iqama will be 800,000 Saudi Riyals for unlimited residency and 100,000 Saudi Riyals for one year Special Privilege Iqama as per the sources. Trending : Smart bracelets for Umrah Pilgrims after arrival in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Council of Ministers approved Green Card (Special Privilege Iqama) for qualified expatriates with a number of residency benefits to them.
1. All the nationalities with good relations with the Kingdom are eligible to get permanent residency of Saudi Arabia via Special Privilege Iqama.
2. Applicant should not be less than 21 years. Recommend : Green Signal for Saudi Green Card
3. Applicant should be clean from criminal record.
4. Applicant should not have any contagious diseases, he should submit his medical report.
5. Eligible expatriates should be financially solvent. See Also : Qualified expats to get Saudi Green Card
6. He should have a valid passport from his country.
- A Special Privilege Iqama center to regulate and manage everything about new iqama, The regulations of the law within 90 days. Read : Saudi Arabia is set to introduce alternative punishment for prisoners
- Those who are holding Saudi Green card can enjoy benefits like owning real estate, renting properties, educational services, health services and other specified regulations.
- No Kafeel or sponsor needed for the card holder, he can able to manage his own exit re entries in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- No Kafeel or sponsor needed for the card holder, he can able to manage his own exit re entries in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SMART BRACELETS WILL BE GIVEN TO UMRAH PILGRIMS WITH GPS TECHNOLOGY UPON THEIR ARRIVAL IN SAUDI ARABIA
The National Committee of Hajj and Umrah will provide smart bracelets to Umrah pilgrims with a GPS tracker upon their arrival in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Trending : Leading countries in performing Umrah this season
The aim of this initiative is to help Hajj and Umrah pilgrims with ease as their bracelets will contain their personal data including name, accommodation and maps. Recommend : Mataf area is only for Tawaf except 5 obligatory prayers
- The CEO of the National Committee of Hajj and Umrah said the smart bracelets will have all the pilgrim data and a GPS to take them to their accommodations, hospitals, health centers and other important places of Makkah and Madinah.
- The smart bracelets are water resistant, it will help pilgrims directly to communicate with emergency numbers in Saudi Arabia including a help desk with various languages.
- The company is also looking to rope with a transport company to collect pilgrims luggage upon their arrival and deliver them direct to their accommodation. See Also : Asian pilgrim caught at Jeddah's airport for trying to smuggle drugs in stomach
- Not only that, The committee is looking to establish a shareholding company for Umrah service and to upgrade the extended services to the pilgrims.
May 16, 2019
SAUDI FAMILY FORGETS THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN TAXI IN MAKKAH & FOUND IN MADINA
A family in Saudi Arabia had forgotten a three year old sleeping daughter during a journey in taxi in the western city of Makkah. Trending : Big news on Saudi Green Card
The family visited the Grand Mosque in Makkah to perform Umrah at dawn they took taxi and and headed to hotel in Al Azazia. During the journey the 3 year old girl fell asleep on the back seat of the car. Recommend : Surprising benefits of fasting in Ramadan month
- The family left the taxi near a restaurant, after the taxi gone, they found that their daughter was missing and found that their child was still sleeping inside the taxi.
- The family reported the incident to police authorities and alerted the patrol in the area about the mentioned taxi.
- The car was found after few hours at one of the checkpoint of the holy city Madina, about 400 kilometers far from Makkah. See Also : Saudi man burns sister's car in a viral video
- The driver was an expatriate, He shocked after discovering the presence of the child in his taxi, however Saudi police reunited the child with her family.
FLYNAS INTRODUCES 5 DIRECT FLIGHTS TO NEW DELHI, 2 ADDITIONAL FLIGHTS TO HYDERABAD FROM RIYADH
The Saudi National Airline 'Flynas' known as leading low cost airline in the Middle East announced 5 direct international flights between Saudi Arabia's capital Riyadh to India's capital city New Delhi. Trending : Saudi Arabia introduces new Green Card
Starting from 1st July of 2019, Flynas will operate five new flights every week between Riyadh's King Khalid International Airport to New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- As per the schedule the announced flight operations will be on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Recommend : Najran airport reopened after 4 years of closure
- In order to meet the growing demand for direct flights from Hyderabad to Riyadh, the airline has also announced 2 additional flights between Telangana's capital city 'Hyderabad' and Saudi Arabia's capital city 'Riyadh'.
- Currently, Flynas is operating two flights between Hyderabad and Riyadh on Friday and Sunday, After the two additional flights people can now travel on Tuesdays and Thursdays too, starting from 1st July of 2019. See Also : Saudi Arabia is the top destination for OFW workers
- Flynas is also looking to introduce more new destinations including from different Saudi cities to Vienna, Batumi, Baku, Tbilisi and Athens from June 2019.
- Flynas recently added destinations like Lahore, Islamabad, Algeria, Trabzon, Erbil, Baghdad, Sarajevo Vienna, Batumi, Tbilisi and Baku. Read : Penalties for delaying renewal of Saudi Council Card
- Passengers can book new scheduled flights through online website flynas.com, mobile app or by calling Flynas call centre or through city offices.
GREEN LIGHT FOR NEW SAUDI GREEN CARD ISSUANCE WITHIN 90 DAYS
The new Special Privilege Iqama may be Saudi Green Card, It will allow qualified foreigners to stay in the Kingdom for an unlimited period. Its a green signal from The Council of Ministers for Special Privilege Iqama. Trending : Saudi Green Card is only for qualified expats
The new Saudi Green Card is ready for issuance within 90 days, It will have options to renew every year or one time as permanent, its few benefits includes the following
1. Residence permit to the card holder and his family.
2. Can obtain Visit Visas for his relatives
3. Able to recruit domestic workers Recommend : Strict punishment for violence against domestic workers
4. Can own properties or real estate
5. Can own transport and other advantages
6. No Kafeel or Sponsor to the card holder
- The holder card of the Saudi Green Card or Special Privilege Iqama will have to make payment of a special fee as per the determination of the Executive Regulations, The details of submitting applications and mechanism is yet to reveal. See Also : Naqal maloomat through Absher website
- Valid Passport, financial resources, health report and certificate of no criminal record will be the requirements to get new Special Privilege iqama.
- This card will help in reducing expatriate remittances which are going out of the Saudi Arabia around 400 billion Saudi Riyals every year. Economists believe it will help foreigners to invest in the Kingdom with at least 100 billion Saudi Riyals. Read : Najran airport is reopened after 4 years of closure
MORE THAN 6.3 MILLION UMRAH PILGRIMS SO FAR, INCREASED BY 7% COMPARED TO LAST YEAR
Saudi Arabia has issued 6.7 million Umrah visas this season compared to 6.3 million last year's Umrah season, The numbers seems to go so far, As of now its increased by 7% compared to last year. Trending : Najran airport reopened after 4 years of closed
Pakistanis, Indonesians, Indians and Egyptians are leading in the list, 1.3 million pilgrims from Pakistan, 894 thousand pilgrims from Indonesia, 595 thousand pilgrims from India, 422 pilgrims from Egypt, Turkey, Yemen, Algeria, Malaysia, Iraq, Jordanians follow in the list. Recommend : King Salman greets billions of Muslims on start of Ramadan
- The current Umrah season began in mid September and it is expected to see a large increase in the pilgrims performing Umrah this season.
- 5.5 million pilgrims left Saudi Arabia after performing Umrah while 546 thousand pilgrims remain in Saudi Arabia staying in the holy cities of Makkah and Madina for next few days. See Also : Saudi Arabia is the top destination to work for OFWs
- The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah launched a new portal to provide easy access to more than 30 of its services to pilgrims in English, Arabic and French, more languages to be added in the future.
SAUDI ARABIA'S NAJRAN AIRPORT REOPENS AFTER 4 YEARS OF CLOSURE
After 4 years of break Najran airport in Saudi Arabia resumed its work, it was in break due to the military conflict with neighboring country Yemen, said the Saudi General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA). Trending : Green Card benefits in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Najran airport is near to the neighboring country Yemen. On Monday, The Najran airport received its first flight from Jeddah, The preparations of the reopening of Najran airport have been completed, almost after 4 years of closed. Recommend : Saudi Arabia is the top destination for Filipinos to work
- The domestic airport is now open to receive 2 flights per day, One from Riyadh the capital city and the other from Jeddah city.
- It was closed in 2015, before that residents of the city used to travel in south western of the country. It was closed as Yemen has been engulfed in an armed conflict between the government military led by President and Houthi Shia rebels for several years. See Also : Saudi set alternative punishments for prisoners
QUALIFIED EXPATS MAY GET NEW IQAMAS WITH SPECIAL PRIVILEGES
The Shoura Council of Saudi Arabia approved the draft Distinguished Iqama law, allowing qualified expatriates a number of special rights with new type of iqama. Related : Saudi Green Card
As per the approved draft residence permit law, the holder of the new iqama will have family status, can get visit visas for relatives, hire domestic workers apart from owning properties, means of transport and such other benefits reported Saudi Gazette. Similar : Saudi Arabia launches Gold Card to attract International Talent
- The draft law aims to attract wealthy people with special treatment, The law predicts that foreigners will have to make payment of a special fee specified by regulations and that center will be known as the Center of Distinguished iqama, which will be established for this purpose.
- There will be 2 types of resident permits, first one is with one year validity which needs renewal and the second one is iqama with unlimited period.
- In order to get new type of iqama, a valid passport, good financial resources, sound health report and a certificate of no criminal record is needed. Recommend : Green cards through healthy investments
- The Shoura Council also approved amendments to the article 17 and 21 of the Anti Graft Law and endorsed number of articles in Saudi Building Code.
SAUDI JAWAZAT OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS DURING RAMADAN 1440 (2019)
Saudi Arabia's Jawazat announced its official working hours in the departments of the General Directorate of Passports during the month of Ramadan 1440 (2019). Recommend : Update passport information through Absher website
- The working hours for Jawazat offices in Saudi Arabia are from 10 AM to 3 PM. See Also : No extension of visit visa without valid medical insurance
- These timing will not effect electronic services from Absher or Jawazat, All the electronic digital services will be available for 24 hours through online.
نتشرف باستقبالكم خلال ساعات العمل الرسمية في إدارات المديرية العامة للجوازات وذلك خلال شهر #رمضان المبارك لعام 1440هـ pic.twitter.com/Qk2IPVRy6p— الجوازات السعودية (@AljawazatKSA) May 5, 2019
May 7, 2019