RAMADAN IN SAUDI ARABIA
In-Sha-Allah! Holy Ramadan (A month of blessing) is about to start from 6th June for the year 2016 (1437) in Saudi Arabia, It is usually 9th month of Arabic or Hijri calendar. Its a period of fasting, Self control and Sadaqa (Giving Charity) for worldwide Muslims. Fasting during this month is one in 5 pillars of Islam. Holy Quran was revealed in the month of Ramzan only.
DO's and DONT's OF RAMADAN MONTH IN SAUDI ARABIA :
As Saudi Arabia is a pure Islamic country, Here Ramadan is little different on rules and regulations from other countries, specially for Non Muslims living in the Kingdom. If you are new Saudi expatriate you must read it, Old expatriates may already aware of it. Read Also : Working Hours in Saudi As Per Labor Law
- Working hours in the month of Ramzan for Muslims in Saudi Arabia should not exceed 6 hours in a single day or 36 hours in a week for both private and government sectors. Similar Article : Vacations and holidays as per Saudi Labor Law
- It is prohibited to eat and drink in public on fasting time from sunrise to sunset in the month of Ramadan in Saudi Arabia. Related Article : Public holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2016
- It is mandatory to respect fasting of Muslims in Ramzan, This point is specially for Non Muslim Saudi expatriates. See Also : Death of Non Muslims in Saudi Arabia
- Smoking and chewing gum is not allowed in public during fasting time, specially from sunrise to sunset.
- Non Muslims should plan their breakfast and lunch at home, Instead of offices, work places or public places.
- Most of the restaurants will be closed during day time and should plan to open just before sunset or after Magrib prayer.
- In the month of holy Ramadan, timings of Banks, Remittances, Shopping Malls and businesses will be changed. You May Like it : How to Send Money to Home country in Saudi Arabia
ISTIQDAM OFFICES IN SAUDI ARABIA (RIYADH, JEDDAH, DAMMAM)
Istiqdam is a common word you may heard from many expatriates while they are applying for permanent family visa Saudi Arabia. It is a government office and one in departments of Ministry Of Interior (MOI) for handling expatriates family visa. It can also pronounced sometimes as Istigdam. Recommended : Istigdam Permanent Family Visa Saudi Arabia
If you ever passed from any istigdam office usually in the morning, You can see there will be queues of expatriates standing always. Those all are waiting for applying permanent family visa or family visit visa. In future you may be one in them to stand there for applying visa to your family. Similar Article : Online Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
Today we bring the GPS locations and addresses of Istiqdam office as one of our blog reader recommended for it. Related Article : Online Istiqdam Appointment
RIYADH ISTIQDAM OFFICE (مكتب استقدام ):
Ministry Of Interior (MOI), King Abdulaziz Road, Al Murabba, Riyadh 12628, Saudi Arabia.
JEDDAH ISTIQDAM OFFICE (مكتب استقدام الأفراد بمحافظة جدة):
Istiqdam Office, Bishir Ibn Muawiyah, Al Safa, Jeddah 23434, Saudi Arabia.
DAMMAM ISTIQDAM OFFICE (مكتب استقدام ) :
King Faisal Road, 6c Street, Al Mazruiyah, Dammam 32414, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI TAX ON EXPATS & CITIZENS AS VAT TAX & SIN TAX BY 2018
For the first time in the history of GCC states, Six gulf countries (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and United Arab Emirates) are going to introduce 5% VAT(Value Added Tax) by 1st January 2018, To limit damage to competitiveness and smuggling it will be applicable regionally at the same time .
- Saudi Arabia is also one in GCC States for implementing a VAT of five percent with in two years, excluding few industries of Education, Social services, Healthcare and 95 food items. Staple food items will be exempted from VAT. The decision is yet to receive final approval. Recommended : How to Register SIM card on Absher Wathiq Service
- There will be no income tax or wealth tax for individuals in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, But there will be VAT and sin tax as per Finance Minister Ibrahim Al Assaf and Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Near by Article: Umrah Bus Service from Riyadh
- Taxes will benefit gulf states with an alternative source of income, A hope of raising their economies and populations with out depending on oil and gas revenue. As we seen there was a huge drop in oil prices upto 40$ a barrel. Similar : Expatriates treatment will be allowed in Government Hospitals
- Private sectors need a time to prepare themselves for complying with tax rules, So why the enough time will be given to them. You May Also Like : Limits of ATM Cash in Saudi Arabia
What is VAT and Sin Tax?
Value Added Tax (VAT) is a indirect tax charged on the sale of goods or services, mostly it will be included in the final sales price of products. Related Article : Sadad Payment for Permanent Family Visa
Sin Tax is a tax on products which are harmful to the society like Tobacco, Alcohol, Soft drinks, Fast foods, Gambling etc,.
EXPATS TREATMENT CAN BE DONE IN GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS FOR A FEE
In a view of huge number of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, The Ministry Of Health (MOH) took a decision to avail the treatment for expatriates in government hospitals unless they are ready to pay the fee and follow the rules and regulations of those health centers, This article was published in Arab news and local media.
- This decision was specially for rural areas of kingdom, where you will not find any private hospitals for treatment.
- As per the officials, Another major reason for making this decision is government health centers cannot refuse any emergency cases.
- A diretive has already issued to all the health centers running by Ministry Of Heath.
- Before the rule applies, Various things need to be measure such as method of working and the capacity of the available health centers.
EXPATS DEPENDENTS CAN WORK NOW IN BEAUTY PARLOR'S
Now female dependents of expatriate employees or workers are allowed to work in women's beauty parlor or salons, As per the statement from Mufarrej Al Haqabani, Minister of Labor and Social Development, this news was published in Saudi Gazette.
- Above decision is going to reduce the number of visas in the particular sector of women's beauty salon's or parlors. This statement was said to Saudi business leaders in the meeting organised by Chamber of Commerce of Madinah. Related Article : Procedure to get Dependents Iqama
- It will help expatriates to earn and save more as per their needs, Without changing the sponsorship of their dependents. Similar : Exit ReEntry for family
- Earlier in 2014, Ministry allowed expatriate dependents to work in private companies with out transferring their sponsorship from husbands. Read Also : Tanazul without kafeel
- If the company falls in Green or higher Nitaqat zone, Then that company is eligible to recruit the dependents of expatriate with the permission of the dependent sponsor. You may also like : Ahwal Madani Riyadh Appointment
- It is mandatory that dependent is qualified for the job and there are no Saudi applicants available for it, Dependent must not be above sixty years and hold valid iqama or muqeem, should not be in work contract with other company.
- Earlier this announcement was limited for teaching related jobs only in both International and private schools. Recommended : Expats children finger print
WHATSAPP LAUNCHED OFFICIALLY ON COMPUTER FOR WINDOWS & MAC
Whatsapp now officially launched whatsapp on computer after a great success of whatsapp web. Its time to switch to Whatsapp messenger new version of pc, It is available for window OS 8 and higher(Like 8.1 and 10) and also for MAC OS 10.9 and higher versions. Earlier whatsapp use to charge 0.99$ per year now its life time free.
How to Install whatsapp on computer or PC :
1. Visit whatsapp official website www.whatsapp.com, Now click on Download Whatsapp, You will see the options of Download for Windows, MAC, Iphone, Android and for windows phone. Recommended : IMO and FB messenger calls working now in KSA
2. Click on "Download for Windows" , Or choose as per your pc or computer OS, To know your computer OS, Right click on MY COMPUTER and check the current OS. See Also this : MOI Abshir Wathiq Service to Activate SIM
3. After successfully download, Install the application, Now scan the QR code on your phone, As you did earlier on whatsapp web. You may also like : Binladin Salaries are about to pay
4. Once you scan, Your whatsapp is active on desktop now. If you want to logout you can after using it or else keep it login as it is your personal computer. Next Article : Saudi Arabia Green Card
Benefits of Whatsapp on Computer or PC:
1. Even your phone is off, You can receive and send whatsapp messages through computer.
2. You can use whatsapp as SMS for sending to any country for free, Yes ofcourse they also need whatsapp to receive your messages. Related : Using Cell phone while Driving
3. You can share your current location, contacts, audio files, video files, texts and much more.
IMO & FB MESSENGER CALLING SERVICES RESUMED IN KSA
IMO and facebook free voice calls and video calls resumed its services in Saudi Arabia from today, After a ban of one day, While FB messenger was blocked its calling service more than a week in KSA. Yesterday and day before yesterday people faced many problems while calling their family and friends through IMO and FB messenger calls. Good to see from today morning the IMO calls are working fine as it was earlier only on few networks for few members. Recommended : Saudi Arabia bans IMO & Messenger Calling Services
Most of the expatriates contacting their home and spending time with their families through video calls of IMO and FB Messenger. After the ban of Whatsapp, Viber and Skype video calls people switched to some new applications like IMO and messenger which became very popular as the huge audience moved to new apps. Similar Article : Register SIM card in Wathiq Absher Service
- It seems the problem in calling was due to server down or something else of IMO but FB Messenger blocked calling services for few days in kingdom by displaying a message "CALLING UNAVAILABLE, because your country does not support calling", As we already stated it was not officially announced about the problem from any of the officials. Near by Article : Binladin Group to resolve salary issues soon
- Most of the people became sad after they see the calls are not working. As this was the main source for them to contact and watch their family live every day. As they did not get the benefit of permanent family visa or family visit visa. Related Article : How to Stop STC from deducting balance
- In Sha Allah, Lets hope IMO & messenger service will continue to work now, Without any interruptions. For few, IMO calling services are working fine under certain networks, depending on the internet they are using. See also : Umrah Service from Riyadh by Bus
- Few family guys was glad because of the ban service of free calling service, As they said all the time their wives were busy in calling their families, These guys do not know, if the services are banned also they will talk with money instead of free service. You may also like : Using Mobile while driving in Saudi Arabia
BAN ON IMO & FB MESSENGER CALLS IN SAUDI ARABIA
Being an Saudi Expatriate, Are you facing any problems or issues while calling your family and friends through IMO mobile app or FB messenger app, Don't worry, You are not the only one who is facing this issue almost all expatriates & citizens of Saudi Arabia reporting that IMO free voice calls and video calls including FB messenger free voice & video calls are not working since yesterday and few reported its not working for them from today. Recommended : IMO is working now Messenger still blocked in Saudi
Last year Saudi Arabia suspended services of Whatsapp free call, video calling, Viber free calls and Skype call. The ban was not only in Saudi Arabia, These services are blocked by many countries including GCC(Gulf Cooperation Council) States. Related Article : No Ban on Pakistani's for Traveling more than once in a year
- There is no official statement from anyone, Whether it is ban or not, Is it temporary or permanent? But yes its not working from yesterday for almost all citizens and expatriates of Saudi Arabia. Similar Article : No Big Vehicles For Small Families of Expatriates
- IMO voice and video calls are not working, When you call you can hear only the ring, Even the call was lifted by the receiver its still ringing and the receiver is unable to hear a voice. Read Also : No more need of Exit Re Entry Visa paper while traveling
- The same situation is happening with Facebook messenger voice calling and video calling, It is reported by few of our blog readers. See Also this : Online Family Visa Error of Not fulfill Istiqdam Eservice Business Rules
- If you are also facing the same situation or its working properly for you, Mention your status and experience on comments below. Near by Article : No more Iqama in Saudi Arabia
PROCEDURE TO ACTIVATE SIM USING ABSHER WATHIQ SERVICE
Step by step procedure to register and activate your internet data sim card or normal voice sim card in MOI absher wathiq service. If you have already account with MOI absher then you can proceed with this article, otherwise register your account in MOI Absher now by following this article "MOI ABSHER ONLIINE REGISTRATION".
Procedure to Register sim card in MOI Absher Watiq Service :
1. Login to your MOI absher account, verify sms code and the click on "WTHIQ SERVICE".
Simply Just click on this link "MOI ABSHER WATHIQ SERVICE", Enter your username, password and then verify your SMS code.
2. Now you will see below image, From this page you need to click on "Authenticate Voice and Data Sim Card".
3. Now you will see another page as shown in below figure, Select your sim type in between 'Voice' or 'Data', Now Enter your "Mobile Number" in first box, then select your 'service provider' from the available list.
4. Click on check box to "Accept terms and conditions", Then click on "Send Authentication Request".
5. Recheck and 'Confirm Authentication Request' by clicking on the button, Refer below image.
6. Once you click confirm, You will get SMS code on the mobile number you mentioned, Enter that in "Verification Code" and then click on "Send Authentication Request".
7. That's it, Now wait till your service operator accepts your registration.
MOI ABSHER LAUNCHED WATHIQ SERVICE TO REGISTER SIM CARDS
Wathiq service (WTHIQ) in Ministry Of Interior portal allows you to authenticate your SIM card without visiting your sim operator branch, it will allows you to activate both data sim (Internet) or normal sim (voice).
- This service allows citizens as well as expatriates to register their sims using Absher service. Next : Procedure to register sim in Wathiq Service of Absher
- Each person can register and authenticate a maximum of 10 prepaid Sim cards using Wathiq service of absher. This limit of 10 is only for prepaid sim, there is not limit on postpaid sim cards.
- User has to enter his mobile number and then he can select his sim service provider for authentication. Related : SIM cards can register in MOI Absher
- Applicants can send more than one request for different mobile numbers belonged to him. See this Also : Fingerprint Must for Sim Cards in Saudi
- Once your authentication completed in absher, you will be informed by your service provider through SMS. Similar : Know your STC Sawa Number
- For data SIMs you need to enter your MSISDN number, which is your internet sim number, You can contact your service provider if you do not know this number. Near By : Stop STC Sawa balance from deduction
SAUDI BIN LADEN GROUP SALARY ISSUES WILL BE RESOLVE SOON
Saudi Binladin group and company salaries issue to be resolve soon, The major Saudi Arabian construction company which is currently in crisis and unable to pay its employees salary since few months.
As per Saudi Labor Minister, Mufarrej Al-Haqabani in Riyadh said to Euromoney Saudi Arabia Conference that, Saudi Binladin company ensured to resolve all the issues which is related to wages. Video : Binladin unpaid workers blazed buses in Kingdom
- Once Ministry of Labor in Saudi Arabia get notice of salary delays, We send our inspectors to the company. Related : Salary Delay Penalties for Firm
- Labor Ministry's 'top priority' is to make ensure that all the employees of company get salaries as in wage protection system of kingdom. Similar : Wage Protection of Saudi Arabia
- Expatriates who are facing wage problems or unpaid salaries can either stay with the company or they can transfer their sponsorship to another employer. See this : Transfer Iqama with out Kafeel
- If the unpaid employees want to go in final exit, They can assign someone who will be responsible to follow their case with the company. Read : Check Final Exit Visa Status in MOI & MOL
- Ministry Of Labor will continue this process till all the workers get paid their salaries as per wage, even after the expatriates left the country after assigning someone. Update : New updates in Saudi Arabia Labor Law
- Saudi Oger Ltd staff also facing the crisis of salary delays and It is in notice of labor ministry.
- Saudi Bin Ladin Group was suspended by government from taking new contracts after the incident of crane crash in Makkah. Video : Crane fall in Makkah
- Few companies are complaining that the financial situation is due to government delaying payments of the work already done. As per contract, A firm should pay an employee salary without delays or conditions or any reasons.
FALSE RUMORS OF ONLY ONE EXIT RE ENTRY PER YEAR FOR PAKISTANIS
Many Pakistani nationals messaged us on our Facebook page that, As per a new rule, Pakistani's can go on exit re entry only once per a year, We always responded them there is no such rule till now. But now this rumor spread all over Pakistan as well as in Saudi Arabia.
Today Arab news confirmed that this is a hoax, As The Saudi Passport Department has denied the report of issuing exit re entry only once per year for Pakistani nationals. It has been reported, many Pakistani news channels and social media channels spread a false news that Saudi Government will allow Pakistani to go home county only once per year. Related Article : Cancel Exit Re Entry Online
- Its a Employers right to decide, how often they want to issue exit re entry for their employees, As they hold the contract with the employee. Recommended : Cancel Final Exit in Saudi
- Pakistani Consulate also denied it by saying there is no such ban from Saudi Authorities, Its just a misunderstood concept. Similar Article : Check Final Exit Status
- There is nearly 1.5 million Pakistani expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, And many of them traveled more than once per year. Near by Article : No More Need of Exit Re Entry Paper
- If you have valid exit re entry visa, Then no one is going to stop you unless you did something wrong. See Also : Check Exit Re Entry Validity
REGISTER SIM CARD ONLINE USING ABSHIR SERVICE
Saudi Arabia government is surprising us day by day by launching new services in various departments, Now SIM cards can be registered online through MOI Absher eservice. It means expatriates and citizens will no longer need to follow queues in front of your sim card operator services for registering your fingerprints.
As per Saudi Gazette news National Information Center's director General Al-Shaddi said, Deputy premier and Minister of Interior, Crown Prince Muhammed Bin Naif asked the NIC (National Information Center) to provide a way to allow registered expatriates and citizens to register their mobile numbers electronically. Recommended : Fingerprint must for Expats Kids
- Using MOI Abshir service, Expatriates and citizens will be allowed to register their mobile numbers. Simillar Article : Abshir Service Registration in MOI
- NIC is expecting this service will be launch within a month, As it is clearly seen telecom operators has seen long queues at their office outlets. See Also : Procedure to Activate Abshir service
- Commission of Information Technology and Communication (CITC) set the last date for registering fingerprints, For prepaid sim cards it is June 2, 2016 and for postpaid it is July 28, 2016. Related Article : Fingerprints must for sim card in KSA
- In case of failing to provide fingerprints in the given date the sim cards will be suspended for two weeks, If the fingerprints are not updated even in the suspension period, It will disconnect for ever. Matched Article : STC deducted my balance
- Starting January of 2016, Saudi Arabia made fingerprints mandatory for the new sim card buyers in its first phase, as part of national security. You may also like : Mobily useful service codes
- Then it became mandatory for those who already have sim card in next phase, Fingerprints will be shared with NIC to confirm the identity of buyer. Near by Article : STC Sawa useful service codes