NO INTENTION TO EXTEND THE ONGOING AMNESTY PERIOD
Saudi Arabia does not have any plan to extend the ongoing amnesty period (A nation without illegal expatriates) from 90 days said by Maj. Gen. Saleiman Al Yahia, Director General of Passports. The last day to get benefited from heavy penalties is only this week. Trending : Last chance for amnesty period
Ministry Of Interior had launched this program "A nation without illegal expatriates" on March 29 with a limit of 90 days, Those who leaves Kingdom in this period will be exempt from heavy penalties more over their finger prints will not be recorded, so that they can come back to Saudi Arabia in a legal way. Most Viewed : Procedure to take final exit in amnesty
- As per the statement of Al Yahia, more than 475,000 expatriates had corrected their status taking the advantage of amnesty period. His statement came after the meeting with Jizan General Governer, Prince Mohammed bin Nasser bin Abdulaziz.
- Philippine Consulate General asked all the undocumented and illegal Filipinos to avail the benefit of this program before June 24, So that they can go home without any issues. Related : 90 days amnesty period is about to end
- Jizan Governer lauded the efforts of the passport officials and all other related officers for serving and following the cases of illegal expatriates, who are waiting from a long time to leave the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. See Also : Heavy fines after amnesty period
SAUDI ARABIA NAMED NEW CROWN PRINCE AS MOHAMMED BIN SALMAN
Saudi Arabia declared its new crown prince as Muhammad Bin Salman, He also named Deputy Prime Minister of the country, he retains his current position as minister of defense. Out of 34 council members 31 chose King Salman son as the Kingdom's new crown prince. Trending : King Salman gifts tons of dates
King Salman issued a royal order and appointed Muhammad Bin Naif as new crown prince of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Prince Abdulaziz Bin Saud Bin Naif as the new Interior Minister, Ahmed Bin Muhammad Al Salem as new deputy minister of interior and Prince Bandar Bin Khalid Bin Faisal Bin Abdulaziz as new adviser of the Royal Court. Most Viewed : King Salman wins award for Service to Islam
- Mohammed Bin Salman is 31 years old and he is the youngest son of the King Salman, He is world's youngest defense minister, He wants to diversify Saudi economy instead of depending on oil.
- He is leading the program 'Vision 2030' which aims to transform the Saudi Arabia into a strong and stable country that provides opportunity for all, He is the first Saudi Royal to have meeting with USA President Donald Trump. Recommend : No Royal is above law - King Salman
- Saudi Arabia's King Salman also appointed Prince Turki Bin Mohammed Bin Fahad Bin Abdul Aziz, Faisal Bin Abdulaziz Bin Abdullah Al Sudairi as advisers to the Royal Court.
- The whole world eyes are on Saudi Arabia as they are many changes in the Kingdom, President of United States of America Donald Trump congratulated Saudi Arabia's new crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Similar : King Salman order millions of Riyals humanitarian aid
- Saudi Arabia's Council of senior scholars welcomed the King Salman's decision, Kingdom's senior clerics, Organization of Islamic cooperation welcomed Mohammed Bin Salman as new crown prince of Saudi Arabia.
JET AIRWAYS REWARDED ON-BOARD NEWBORN BOY WITH GOLDEN TICKET
A pregnant woman delivered a baby boy on board at a height of 35000 feet in a Jet Airways flight while traveling from Dammam (Saudi Arabia) to Kochi (India), Airlines rewarded newborn boy a golden ticket with a free life time travel on its flights. Related : Iqama for newborn baby
According to the provided information, the woman was 32 weeks pregnant and was travelling alone, When the plane was flying over the Pakistan the women went into labour pain, The new born was delivered with the help of a passenger, who was trained paramedic and the flight crew members. Similar : Appointment for Birth Certificate in Saudi Arabia
- As per the officials, The flight was diverted to Mumbai to handle the medical emergency of the woman and newborn baby, From there they were rushed to the Hospital and reported they are in stable condition.
- It was the first time for Jet airways, The airline rewarded the newborn baby with a gold ticket of free lime time travel to anywhere in the world on its flights. Recommend : Procedure to include newborn under your iqama
- Earlier this year, There were 5 babies who born in commercial flights, But they don't all get golden tickets of free life time travel, The only airlines who gave such rewards was Thai Airways, Asia Pacific Airlines, Air Asia and Polar Airlines.
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines rewarded on-board newborn baby with free travel till the age of 21 years.
- Cebu Pacific rewarded newborn with one million frequent flyer miles instead of free tickets. Trending : Penalties on Saudi Employers
- British Airways was rewarded on-board new born with first class air tickets on her 18th birthday.
- Saw Jet Star rewarded 1000 dollars worth baby supplies to the on-board newborn baby. Most Viewed : Saudi limited prepaid sim's for expats
- Turkish Airlines did not reward anything to newborn except a ride to the hospital.
PRINT, MODIFY & REFUND RESERVED TRAIN TICKETS ONLINE
Saudi Railways Organization will now allow you to modify or update, print, refund your reserved train ticket online through its official website with the help of Ticket number or Reservation number or Sadad bill number, If you have any plan to change your train timings you can follow the below procedure. Most Viewed : Penalty on employers for keeping passports
Step by step procedure to update, print and refund the booked train ticket :
1. Visit official website of Saudi Railways Organization or use this link https://www.saudirailways.org/sites/sro/Pages/home.aspx
2. From the available options Quick booking, Manage booking, Manage tickets and Train schedule, choose 'Manage Ticket'. For image details on it go to the end of the page.
3. In the 'Manage Ticket' form, choose the operation 'Update Ticket' and then select any of the option from Reservation number, Ticket number and Sadad bill number, then in the next box enter that specific number and click 'Continue'. Trending : Prepaid sim card limit in Saudi Arabia
- In similar way, For printing the ticket you should choose 'Print Ticket' and for refunding the money you can choose 'Refund Ticket'. Hot Topic : Free sim card for new visitors at airport
4. In the next form it will display your reserved details, Now you can select your name and accept the terms, then click 'Continue'.
5. Once you click continue, Saudi Railways will send you one code on the reserved email or mobile number, Enter that number in the box and click 'Submit'. Recommend : Airlines baggage allowances in Saudi Arabia
6. From the next form, you can able to modify or update your train from the available trains, once you choose your specific timing or date click 'Next' and then 'Confirm' it.
LABOR VIOLATIONS PENALTIES ON EMPLOYER OR COMPANIES
Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia continuously alerting employers and companies from last few years to not violate any labor laws, violators will face heavy penalties but few employers in the Kingdom still are violating the laws related to labor laws. It is every citizen and resident duty to raise a complaint in labor office against such employers. Most Viewed : Iqama violation penalties on employers
We brought here, Few of the labor violations and its penalties on employers
1. For keeping workers passports without their approval, the penalty for employer is SR 2000/-.
2. For not adhering to offering of work contracts in Arabic language, the penalty for this violation is SR 5000/- on the employer. Trending : Report labor violation get 10% reward
3. For not complying with the conditions mentioned in the training contract, The penalty on this violation is SR 5000/- on the employer or company. Recommend : New Traffic violation penalties
4. For employing a worker with no contract or copy of the contract the fine for employer on this violation is SR 5000/-.
5. A penalty of SR 5000/- on employer, For not keeping workers records including names, salaries, fines, attendance and medical tests. Related : Penalty for distributing marketing booklets at public places
6. SR 5000/- fine on employer, for full or partial withholding of a workers salary.
7. If the company employs a male expat worker on the restricted job of citizens, There will be a fine of SR 10,000/- with one day closure of the company.
8. A penalty of SR 20,000/-, For employing expat workers on jobs restricted to Saudi citizens. Similar : Car owners can be penalize at petrol pumps
9. If the company registers Saudi citizens with GOSI without their approval, There will be a penalty of SR 25,000/- on employer or company with 5 days closure of the company.
SAUDIA, EMIRATES, GULF AIR, ETIHAD, QATAR AIRWAYS SUSPENDS ITS FLIGHTS TO & FROM QATAR
Several airlines like Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia), Emirates, Etihad, Fly Dubai, Gulf Air and Air Arabia declared its flights suspension, to travel from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt to Qatar bounds from 6th June, 2017 till they get further notice from the authorities. Trending : GCC states cut ties with Qatar
Saudi Airlines Announcement :
Saudi Arabian Airlines has confirmed that the airline has suspended all flights to and from Qatar starting today Monday 5 June. All Saudia guests with confirmed tickets will have the option of refunding the tickets or changing their route without penalty. Recommend : Ramadan month salaries to be paid earlier
Qatar Airlines Announcement:
Qatar Airways flights to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia have been cancelled on 05 June 2017, and to the UAE, the Kingdom of Bahrain and Egypt as of 06 June 2017, until further notice.
Passengers holding a confirmed Qatar Airways ticket to any of the four countries between 05 June 2017 – 06 July 2017 are permitted to re-book their flights up to 30 days after their current confirmed departure date, one time free of charge. Hot : Limit of sims to be use for expats in Saudi
Passengers will also be permitted to refund the unused portion of their tickets booked for the above period once, free of charge. The service fee remains non-refundable.
Gulf Air Announcement :
Gulf Air, the Kingdom of Bahrain’s national carrier, today announced the suspension of its multiple daily service between Bahrain and Doha with effect from 23:59, 5 June 2017 – local Bahrain time – and until further notice. Most Viewed : Last chance for final exit in amnesty program
Gulf Air regrets any inconvenience this may cause to passengers affected by the suspension. A dedicated customer services team from the Gulf Air 24-hour Worldwide Contact Center has been set up and is contacting affected passengers to offer alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and free re-booking to the nearest alternate Gulf Air destinations.
As instructed by the UAE government, Emirates will suspend its flights to and from Doha, starting from the morning of 6 June 2017, until further notice.
All customers booked on Emirates’ flights to and from Doha will be provided with alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and re-booking to alternate Emirates destinations.
Customers who booked through a travel agency should contact their travel agents. Read this : 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks
Customers who booked with Emirates can process refunds for their tickets at www.emirates.com/refund
Etihad Announcement :
Etihad Airways has suspended all flights to and from Doha until further notice.
All customers who are booked on Etihad Airways flights to and from Doha are being provided with alternative options, including full refunds on unused tickets and free re-booking to the nearest alternate Etihad Airways destinations. Detailed information is available by calling the Etihad Airways Contact Center on +971 (0) 2599 0000, or by visiting etihad.com.
SAUDI ARABIA, BAHRAIN, UAE & EGYPT CUT TIES WITH QATAR
Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen and Maldives cut ties with Qatar over Doha's alleged support for extremist groups, Saudi Press Agency claims that Qatar supported the terrorists in the province of Qatif and Bahrain. Trending : Ramadan salaries to be paid earlier
Saudi Arabia and its allies announced that they will withdraw their diplomatic staff from Qatar. Saudi asks Qatar citizens to leave the country with in 14 days as the ties between both the countries are severe, However it will not apply on the Qatari pilgrims who are currently in the Kingdom. Recommend : Saudi limits sims on expats and citizens
- Saudi Arabia has closed all of its borders that connects with Qatar via air, sea and land, For security reasons Qatari citizens are blocked to enter through transit visas too.
- Saudi Arabia citizens in Qatar have also been asked to leave the country within 14 days and instructed citizens no to stay, travel or transit in Qatar. Hot : 500 riyals fine for placing marketing booklets at doors
- Saudi Arabia has decided to close all the airports, sea ports and land borders and asked all of its friendly countries to do the same as soon as possible to support the Saudi national security.
- Saudi claims Qatar is promoting the ideology and plans through their media and supporting the terror groups of Iran in Qatif province and Bahrain. KSA is also aware that authorities of Doha have supported Houthi's even after the declaration to support the government in Yemen. See Also : Car owners can be fined at petrol stations
KING SALMAN ORDER TO PAY RAMADAN SALARIES EARLIER
As per the directives issued by the King Salman, Ramadan month salaries to be paid earlier on Jun 18 (Ramadan 23rd) of this month instead of month ending in order to meet the needs of citizens for the purchases of Eid Al Fitr. Trending : Working hours in Ramadan
For implementing the King's order, Ministry of Finance said it will issue a directive to SAMA (Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency) to approve banks for depositing the salaries in employees bank accounts by Ramadan 23rd (June 18, 2017). Recommend : 2017 Holidays in Saudi Arabia
- Ramadan salaries is about to be paid on Shawwal 2 (June 26) for government sectors, After the King Salman order now it will be paid on Ramadan 23 (June 18). Related : King Salman gifts tons of dates
- Private sector employees can also expect the salaries earlier in this Ramadan month as the banks will remain closed for the Eid Al Fitr holidays, So expatriates will get their salaries before the banks closed. Similar : Hijri 1438
SAUDI SETS LIMIT OF SIM CARDS FOR EXPATS & CITIZENS
Saudi Arabia has now set a limit on the number of prepaid sim cards used by expats and citizens in the Kingdom in an effort to curb terrorism and eliminate illegal sim cards which is threatening national security. Trending : Last Chance to final exit in amnesty
Expats are now restricted to use two prepaid sim cards applicable in voice or data card with any of the telecom operator, In a similar way Saudi citizens are now restricted to 10 prepaid sim cards on each identity. Recommend : Finger Print must for sim card
- Those who already have more than two sim cards can continue to use it, But they cannot register new sim cards, To get a new sim you should cancel all old sims even though it is not in use, However their is no restriction on postpaid connections.
- If an expatriate wants to register new sim card for his family members either wife or children then he should visit a telecom service provider outlet in order to obtain it.
- You can always track how many sim cards are registered on your iqama identity by following this link https://portalservices.citc.gov.sa/E-Services/MyNumbers/MyNumbersInquiry.aspx
- This is just a temporary plan to limit the prepaid sim cards on expats and citizens for removing the illegal sim cards from the market as per the statement of CITC (Communication and Information Technology Commission).
- Earlier also CITC restricted all telecom operators from providing unlimited package data on prepaid sim cards you can read more in this article "No More Unlimited Plans on Prepaid Sim Cards". Before this CITC mandate bio-metric fingerprints of each prepaid sim card subscriber.
LAST CHANCE FOR EXPATRIATES TO TAKE FINAL EXIT IN AMNESTY PERIOD
Golden chance for expatriates to take Final Exit in amnesty period "A nation without illegal expatriates" for domestic workers and commercial workers with a valid Iqama identity card, Interested one's follow the below procedure. Trending : Car owners can be fined at petrol pumps
1. Expatriate worker should submit a departure request to the Labor Office. Recommend : 500 Riyals fine for distribution of promotion booklets at public places
2. The Labor Office will communicate through phone or registered email address with the employer or sponsor to confirm that the worker wants to leave the country within 5 working days.
- If the employer or sponsor agrees to let the worker leave and give him final exit, The worker shall be requested to communicate with the employer. See Also : 100% tax on tobacco products and soft drinks
- If the employer or sponsor refuses to let his worker leave in final exit then the Ministry will instruct the worker to correct his status through the labor office or the department of amicable settlement of labor disputes.
- If the employer agrees to let the worker leave in final exit by the campaign, Then the employer has to submit a letter attested by the Chamber of Commerce stating his approval on his worker's departure on final exit.
3. The labor office shall contact the passports department in the region to approve the final exit of the expatriates. Read this : Reality behind Dr. Zakir Naik Saudi citizenship
If you want to get benefit from the campaign and without the approval of the Ministry Of Labor, Then please contact the passport department directly. Hot topic : Riyadh Metro Project
500 RIYALS FINE FOR DISTRIBUTING MARKETING BROCHURE AT PUBLIC PLACES
Saudi Arabia's all municipalities and districts received a notice from the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs to ban the distribution of promotional and marketing brochures at public places and homes door steps. Trending : Penalties at petrol pumps for not following guidelines
Placing promotional and marketing brochures in front of residential buildings, doorsteps and in public places is no more allowed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Violator will face a penalty of 500 Saudi Riyals including other penalties mentioned in municipal rules. Recommend : Saudi Gulf Airlines launched in Saudi Arabia
- In the same way, sticking bills in the public places for promoting any product or service is also banned in the Saudi Arabia, Violator will face a fine of SR 500 with other fines mentioned in the municipal rules. Read this : No more expats in Government departments by 2020
- Strict action will be taken against the individuals, companies, establishments and shops in both retail sector and wholesale for making such violations. You May Like : All Airlines free baggage allowances
- Penalties will be linked to the residence permits or Saudi ID's of the violator based on the mentioned names and numbers on the promotional or marketing brochures.
- This order from Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs is part of the environmental pollution and to maintain public hygiene. See this : Penlaties on Iqama violations
USING MOBILE, LIGHTING OR THROWING CIGARETTES AT PETROL PUMPS WILL BE FINED
Car drivers to be penalized in Saudi Arabia, If they found doing any of these things, texting on mobile, speaking on mobile, lighting a cigarette or throwing a used cigarette at petrol pump stations according to Madinah city Civil Defense and the report in Saudi Gazette news. Recommend : 100% tax on Cigarettes & Soft drinks in Saudi Arabia
It is also necessary to turn off your car engines while refueling the tanks at petrol or gas stations otherwise it will be treated as a violation of safety as per the Civil Defense in Madinah. Related : All airlines baggage allowances
- The director of safety and security of Civil Defense department Sami Al-Jahdali said that, it is risk to the lives of people if the gas stations ignore to write the safety instructions and guidelines at the petrol pump stations, All gas stations should write the safety guidelines at the place where car drivers can easily see it.
- It is also the duty of the petrol pump stations to highlight the dangers of neglecting the safety guidelines, Any gas station violating the safety and security measures will be fined as per Sami Al Jahdali warning. Similar : Free Bus service at Riyadh Airport
- The fined or penalized amount will be based on the seriousness of violation and its repetition. See Also : New train between Riyadh and Qassim
100% TAX ON TOBACCO PRODUCTS & ENERGY DRINKS FROM JUNE 10 IN SAUDI ARABIA
Starting from June 10th of 2017, Saudi Arabia is the first one in GCC States for going to implement a selective tax (100 percent tax on cigarettes, tobacco products, energy drinks and 50 percent tax on carbonated drinks or soft drinks) as per the decision of General Secretariat of Gulf Cooperation Council. Trending : Truth behind Zakir Naik Saudi Citizenship
The General Authority of Zakat and Tax will be responsible to collect the selective tax and Value Added Tax (VAT), 5 percent of VAT tax is going to implement in Saudi Arabia without any change in current prices from 1st Jan of 2018 along with GCC states. Related : Remittance tax proposal rejected
- Importers and Traders who fails to submit a tax declaration to Zakat and Tax Authority will be penalized with 5 to 25 percent of the tax value. Violators who violate the regulations, refuse information and prevent zakat Authorities from their duties will be penalized with 50,000 Saudi Riyals. Similar : Saudi Law on Selective Tax
- As per the registrations there are 630 companies in Saudi Arabia who are applicable for selective tax in which 350 are big companies and 280 are small importers. The Zakat Authority applies international standards for collecting tax and to ensure the precision and accuracy. Recommend : VAT tax from Jan 1st 2018
- The selective tax will get a revenues of 15 billion Saudi Riyals annually in Saudi Arabia as per the various news channels, Tax payers are require to file tax returns every two months and pay with in 15 days from the submission date. See also : New fee on companies and expats