MANDATORY TEST FOR FRESH EXPAT ENGINEERS
New expatriate engineers in Saudi Arabia has to go through mandatory exam or test and a personal interview in order to get a engineering job in kingdom, It is also compulsory to have a minimum of three years experience before you go to test revealed by the Saudi Council of Engineers (SCE). The decision was taken after they found 1200 newly graduate expatriate engineers without any experience.
Newly graduated Saudi Arabia engineers will deserve these jobs more than new expatriate engineers. It is preferable to recruit those expatriate engineers who have good experience, which will benefit the country. By this fresh engineers of Saudi will get quick placement and a benefit of experience. Similar : Procedure to register in Saudi Council of Engineers
- While working on improving the quality of government projects, It is observed many companies hired 1200 fresh expatriate engineers, while more than 450 Saudi experienced engineers do not have a job. It will affect the quality of project and work, which will harm the Saudi economy and the projects of organization. See Also : Check Transfer Status
- Expat engineers will get iqama or muqeem card (residence permit) only after the verification of their certificates. We are coordinating with security agencies they will help us to stop the entry on fake degree engineers, After a personal interview and a qualification test only expat engineers will get residence permits. You May Like : Muqeem Resident Identity Card
- Expatriates whose professions are engineers and their work is different, should apply for change of professions on their iqama's or residence permits. Related : Iqama Profession Change
- Fresh graduates should go through a test on the principles and basis of engineering, Engineers who have 10 years of experience will go through a test for director post. Interesting Article : First time Iqama for New Expat
SAUDI GREEN CARD THROUGH INVESTMENT
Saudi Arabia's senior Shoura Council official revealed the eligibility of candidates for Saudi green card, first is, foreign investors who can get green card through investment and the second those expat experts who are highly qualified in their field. This announcement on Arab news restricted those all expatriates, who dreamt for Saudi green card to stay in the kingdom.
The rules and regulations of green card will announce soon said by Fahd bin Jumaa, A vice president of Economic Committee, As the Various ministries are still studying to finalize the permanent residence card for foreigners. Recommended : Saudi Green Card in Deatil
- Kingdom is expecting to generate 10 billion dollars annually by attracting foreigners to invest in kingdom and by reducing the remittances of expats, As currently Saudi Arabia is the second largest country to send remittances after United States of America. Similar : No Tax on remittances of Expats
- Approval and finalization of Saudi green card from ministries and Shoura council has yet to done, Green card will be available for foreign investor and highly qualified expats within 5 years period of time. You May Also Like : Treatment of Expats in Government Hospitals
- Green card will allow expats to own the businesses and properties, It is also expected to abolish the current Kafala or sponsorship system. Many expatriates and foreigners are going to take advantage of this by applying green card through investment in kingdom. Related : Transfer Iqama without Kafeel
- It is possible expatriates need to pay Zakat and Value Added Taxes, once they are a member of Saudi green card. The Saudi green card will be similar to the United States permanent residence model. Popular : First time VAT & SIN Tax in Saudi
Image Courtesy : Arab News
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF MULTIPLE EXIT RE ENTRY VISA
Multiple exit re entry visa in Saudi Arabia allows an expatriate or his family dependents to travel multiple times from Saudi Arabia to their home country or any other country. To apply for Multiple exit re entry visa online through MOI website first you need to submit a fee of SR 500/- as part of MOI funds for a multiple re entry service. This article will guide you the procedure for the payment of Multiple visa online through internet banking.
We are using here Albilad Bank internet banking for the payment of Multiple visa, However, The procedure for all the banks of kingdom are almost same, the names may be little different from each other. Recommended : Family Visa Fee Payment Procedure
1. Visit your personal bank internet banking website, Login by entering the credentials like username, password and if it needs to verify through SMS complete the verification.
2. Once you successfully logged in to your internet banking, Look for an option of 'SADAD' and then in that choose "MOI SERVICES". If you are using Al Rajhi bank then you can choose 'GOVERNMENT PAYMENTS'.
3. After that you need to choose the service type as 'ALIEN CONTROL' for Albilad bank for other banks you may see as 'EXPATRIATE SERVICES' or 'EXPATRIATE AFFAIRS'. Similar : Student Exit Re Entry Visa
4. Now you can see various options of services related to expatriates, Now you need to choose 'EXIT RE ENTRY VISA (MULTIPLE)' or 'MULTIPLE EXIT RE ENTRY VISA', It will be same in all the banks of Saudi Arabia. Read Also : Procedure to apply for Multiple Exit ReEntry Visa online
5. Once you choose the service of Multiple re entry visa, You can see a box which will ask you to enter your 'IQAMA Number', You need to enter Iqama number of your dependent to which you are applying multiple visa. See Also : Check Iqama Status
- You can only apply for your dependents through MOI Absher account as you are sponsor for them, To apply yourself you need to go to your sponsor or employer. Related : MOI Absher Account Registration
6. After proceeding by entering Iqama number, A fee of SR 500/- will be shown to you on the screen, Once you confirmed it will deducted from your account and it will be shown to you in MOI Funds.
REFUND MULTIPLE EXIT RE ENTRY VISA MOI FUND :
You can refund back your money to the same account from which you paid, By choosing an option of 'REFUND' and entering the details related to it, However it may take a time depending on your bank and working day of Ministry Of Interior. Next : Multiple Exit Re Entry Visa in Saudi Arabia
NO TAX ON REMITTANCES OF EXPATS
Authorities of Saudi Arabia announced there will be no remittance tax on expatriates for sending money to there home country, It was just a proposal of 6% remittance tax, which was not approved. Similarly there will be no income tax on individuals whether they are Saudi citizens or expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We also clearly mentioned in our earlier article and in comments on that article that "it was just proposal from Shoura council". Recommended : Home Remittance
Finance Minister Ibrahim Al Assaf in his statement denied the report of 6% remittance tax on expatriates and income tax on individuals, It was just a part of the proposal which was denied. He said the above remarks in a press conference while discussing Ministry's role in National Transformation Plan. Similar : Remittance Tax in Saudi
- According to the World Bank, Saudi Arabia became second country in the world for sending highest remittances of 42$ billion after United States. Read Also : Overseas Remittances
- Only two types of taxes are approved in the GCC level, Value Added Tax (VAT) and Sin Tax, which will be expected to introduce in the year 2018 in all GCC States including Saudi Arabia. Related : VAT & SIN Tax in Saudi Arabia
- The proposal of remittance tax on expatriates was 6% for the first year and then gradually decrease to 2% till the fifth year. This topic became popular in Social Media and Expatriates started commenting on this specific topic without knowing its only a Shoura proposal. You May Also Like : Remit The Payment
- Saudi Labor Minister Mufrej Al Haqbani said their is no strategic plan to reduce the number of expatriates workers in the kingdom, However there is a plan to improve the employment for Saudi citizens as part of Saudization. Next : Remittance to India
MAIN REASONS FOR IPHONE BALANCE DEDUCTIONS
Is your Apple iPhone deducting your sim card balance from your account automatically in the name of iMessage or something? Did you stop recharging your prepaid sim because of deductions on your iPhone 4, 4S, or 5, 5S, or 6, 6S? Which sim operator do you use on your iPhone, STC or Mobily or Zain or Virgin or Friendi? If your sim operator is STC, Read this article "STC Sawa balance deduction" then follow this article, Other sim operators can also proceed from here.
Make sure below settings of your iPhone are off, which may deduct your account balance from unnecessary internet charges. This mainly happens to those who are using WiFi most of the time and when they are out of WiFi signal they may face internet charges. Read Also : Whatsapp is now available on PC
1. Go to "SETTINGS" of your iPhone, Then scroll down till you see "iTunes & App Store", Once you opened iTunes & App Store, Turn off all the "AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD" applications which are on.
2. Turn off your iPhone mobile data, If you are using WiFi most of the time or if you do not have internet package on your sim, By opening the "SETTINGS" then "iTunes & App Stores" then turn off "Use Mobile Data". Similar : Activate SIM using Absher Wathiq Service
3. If you are a STC Sawa subscriber, You may charge for using internet as Easy Net (Pay As You Go) to deactivate it, Send toll free SMS to 900 by typing a message '2001'.
4. You can also check all other Mobile Data options of your iPhone, go to "SETTINGS" then scroll down, You will see a box of 'SEARCH' on the top, then type 'Mobile Data' and turn off all those setting which are using mobile data, If you do not hold a internet sim or if you are a WiFi user. You May Also Like : Using Cell phone while driving in KSA
- By above search, You may find the applications which are using mobile data like, 'Current Period', 'Current Period Roaming', 'Mobile Data Options', 'Limit Mail Drop Over Mobile Data', 'Mobile Data for Safari', 'Mobile Data for Music', etc,. See Also : ATM Cash & POS Withdrawal Limits in Saudi
LABOR MINISTRY BANNED WORKERS TO WORK UNDER THE SUN
Like every year, This year also Saudi Arabia's Labor Ministry and Social Development banned workers from working under the sun in between June 15 and September 15. It is employers duty to make sure that their workers will not be allowed to work in the summer season specially in noon between 12 PM to 3 PM.
- Oil and Gas workers and the areas with low temperatures are exempt from this condition, However measures will be taken to protect them from the heat of the sun, Said by Fahad bin Al-Awaidi, Ministry's Undersecretary for inspection and improvement of the work environment.
- Some areas of Saudi Arabia, which experiences low temperatures will be exempt from rule, However there would be coordination of weather check from the with the secretariats of different regions.
- Here workers are referred to labors and outdoor workers, they are applicable under this rule specially in summer season between 12 PM to 3 PM.
- Ministry of Labor is trying to make safe environment for workers and to prevent from injuries and accidents to them, which may also affect the company productivity.
- This piece of news was earlier published in Arab News and Saudi Arabia's local news publications.
SHOURA PROPOSAL OF TAX ON YOUR REMIT
Saudi Arabia's finance committee of Shoura Council proposed a expatriates tax on your remit by 6% for the first year and it will slowly reduce to 2% permanently from the 5th year onward. This is the way to force expatriates to invest and spend their money in kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- There will be limits on expatriates for sending money remittance abroad in a given time and there will also be separate limits for transferring money if an expatriate is going on final exit.
- First year 6% tax on your remit will let you pay SR 60/- for every SR 1000/- you want to send, For example, If your salary is 4000 and you want to send 3000 then you have to pay (3x60) 180 SR as remittance tax.
- First year 6% tax on your remit will let you pay SR 60/- for every SR 1000/- you want to send, For example, If your salary is 4000 and you want to send 3000 then you have to pay (3x60) 180 SR as remittance tax.
- Limits for sending money abroad through money remittance centers will be calculated based on the income of the expatriates as per their salary certificates.
- This remittance tax will be applicable on all money transfers of expatriates whether it is personal or official or deposited for special government account or for any financial institute.
- Several measures are going to introduce on those who prevents from paying remittance tax or who fails to pay and resolve their tax disputes. This news was published on Arab news earlier a day.
- In case of failed to pay tax, First time you need to pay the actual tax rate and then it will be doubled for every violation you make.
- Citizens will be penalize or fined, if they try to help expatriates by submitting fake salary certificates of their workers or employees.
- By taxing on remittances of expatriates , Saudi Arabia can gain more income as per the finance committee statement. It is in report that Saudi Arabia annual remittances increased 56 billion riyals to 135 billion riyals, while comparing to 2005 and 2014.
- This proposal of tax was drafted from Hossam Al-Anqari, The head of General Auditing Bureau and a former shoura member.
MULTIPLE EXIT RE ENTRY VISA ONLINE IN MOI ABSHIR
MOI.GOV.SA Abshir officially launched a new service of Multiple Exit Re Entry visa online with a fee of SR 500/- and a validity of 180 days. Only sponsors are eligible to apply for Multiple Exit Re Entry Visa, As you are sponsor of your family you can apply for your dependents and your company is your sponsor so only your company can issue you multiple exit re entry visa.
Before applying for multiple entry visa, You should make sure few things to be eligible for it.
- At least 90 days validity should be in your passport. Recommended : Multiple Exit Re Entry Visa
- Iqama validity should be more than or equal to visa duration + 90 days. Similar : Family Single Exit Re Entry Visa
- Exit Re Entry visa is not possible to issue less than 7 days. Related : Check Muqeem Exit Re Entry Status
- Visa should be used with in 90 days from the date of issued otherwise you will penalize.
- Cancellation of visa is free, if you are unable to use it in 90 days, There will be no refund for it. See Also : Final Exit in KSA
- Name in visa should be same as in your passport. You May Like It : Jawazat related services fee scale
- You should add fee of 500 riyal as Multiple Re entry visa in MOI funds.
Procedure to Apply for Multiple Exit Re Entry Visa onlin using MOI Absher :
1. Login to your MOI Absher account, If you are new and you have iqama you can make one now.
2. Once you logged in, Click on 'MY DASHBOARD' then click on your dependents 'MORE DETAIL'.
3. Now you can see a page with your dependents choose the dependent for whom you want to issue multiple exit re entry visa. Click on 'MORE DETAIL' to view the information and 'ISSUE VISA' button for that dependent.
4. Now you will see a page with terms, Read it and click on small box to 'AGREE MOI TERMS & CONDITIONS', Click on 'OK'.
5. Choose the type of Visa to 'MULTIPLE' by click on round button beside it. Read all important points below it, Now you click on 'ISSUE VISA'.
6. You can print the visa in next page, It may be useful for you while returning back from your home country.
RAMADAN IN SAUDI ARABIA
In-Sha-Allah! Holy Ramadan (A month of blessing) is about to start from 6th June for the year 2016 (1437) in Saudi Arabia, It is usually 9th month of Arabic or Hijri calendar. Its a period of fasting, Self control and Sadaqa (Giving Charity) for worldwide Muslims. Fasting during this month is one in 5 pillars of Islam. Holy Quran was revealed in the month of Ramzan only.
DO's and DONT's OF RAMADAN MONTH IN SAUDI ARABIA :
As Saudi Arabia is a pure Islamic country, Here Ramadan is little different on rules and regulations from other countries, specially for Non Muslims living in the Kingdom. If you are new Saudi expatriate you must read it, Old expatriates may already aware of it. Read Also : Working Hours in Saudi As Per Labor Law
- Working hours in the month of Ramzan for Muslims in Saudi Arabia should not exceed 6 hours in a single day or 36 hours in a week for both private and government sectors. Similar Article : Vacations and holidays as per Saudi Labor Law
- It is prohibited to eat and drink in public on fasting time from sunrise to sunset in the month of Ramadan in Saudi Arabia. Related Article : Public holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2016
- It is mandatory to respect fasting of Muslims in Ramzan, This point is specially for Non Muslim Saudi expatriates. See Also : Death of Non Muslims in Saudi Arabia
- Smoking and chewing gum is not allowed in public during fasting time, specially from sunrise to sunset.
- Non Muslims should plan their breakfast and lunch at home, Instead of offices, work places or public places.
- Most of the restaurants will be closed during day time and should plan to open just before sunset or after Magrib prayer.
- In the month of holy Ramadan, timings of Banks, Remittances, Shopping Malls and businesses will be changed. You May Like it : How to Send Money to Home country in Saudi Arabia
ISTIQDAM OFFICES IN SAUDI ARABIA (RIYADH, JEDDAH, DAMMAM)
Istiqdam is a common word you may heard from many expatriates while they are applying for permanent family visa Saudi Arabia. It is a government office and one in departments of Ministry Of Interior (MOI) for handling expatriates family visa. It can also pronounced sometimes as Istigdam. Recommended : Istigdam Permanent Family Visa Saudi Arabia
If you ever passed from any istigdam office usually in the morning, You can see there will be queues of expatriates standing always. Those all are waiting for applying permanent family visa or family visit visa. In future you may be one in them to stand there for applying visa to your family. Similar Article : Online Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
Today we bring the GPS locations and addresses of Istiqdam office as one of our blog reader recommended for it. Related Article : Online Istiqdam Appointment
RIYADH ISTIQDAM OFFICE (مكتب استقدام ):
Ministry Of Interior (MOI), King Abdulaziz Road, Al Murabba, Riyadh 12628, Saudi Arabia.
JEDDAH ISTIQDAM OFFICE (مكتب استقدام الأفراد بمحافظة جدة):
Istiqdam Office, Bishir Ibn Muawiyah, Al Safa, Jeddah 23434, Saudi Arabia.
DAMMAM ISTIQDAM OFFICE (مكتب استقدام ) :
King Faisal Road, 6c Street, Al Mazruiyah, Dammam 32414, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI TAX ON EXPATS & CITIZENS AS VAT TAX & SIN TAX BY 2018
For the first time in the history of GCC states, Six gulf countries (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and United Arab Emirates) are going to introduce 5% VAT(Value Added Tax) by 1st January 2018, To limit damage to competitiveness and smuggling it will be applicable regionally at the same time .
- Saudi Arabia is also one in GCC States for implementing a VAT of five percent with in two years, excluding few industries of Education, Social services, Healthcare and 95 food items. Staple food items will be exempted from VAT. The decision is yet to receive final approval. Recommended : How to Register SIM card on Absher Wathiq Service
- There will be no income tax or wealth tax for individuals in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, But there will be VAT and sin tax as per Finance Minister Ibrahim Al Assaf and Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. Near by Article: Umrah Bus Service from Riyadh
- Taxes will benefit gulf states with an alternative source of income, A hope of raising their economies and populations with out depending on oil and gas revenue. As we seen there was a huge drop in oil prices upto 40$ a barrel. Similar : Expatriates treatment will be allowed in Government Hospitals
- Private sectors need a time to prepare themselves for complying with tax rules, So why the enough time will be given to them. You May Also Like : Limits of ATM Cash in Saudi Arabia
What is VAT and Sin Tax?
Value Added Tax (VAT) is a indirect tax charged on the sale of goods or services, mostly it will be included in the final sales price of products. Related Article : Sadad Payment for Permanent Family Visa
Sin Tax is a tax on products which are harmful to the society like Tobacco, Alcohol, Soft drinks, Fast foods, Gambling etc,.
EXPATS TREATMENT CAN BE DONE IN GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS FOR A FEE
In a view of huge number of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia, The Ministry Of Health (MOH) took a decision to avail the treatment for expatriates in government hospitals unless they are ready to pay the fee and follow the rules and regulations of those health centers, This article was published in Arab news and local media.
- This decision was specially for rural areas of kingdom, where you will not find any private hospitals for treatment.
- As per the officials, Another major reason for making this decision is government health centers cannot refuse any emergency cases.
- A diretive has already issued to all the health centers running by Ministry Of Heath.
- Before the rule applies, Various things need to be measure such as method of working and the capacity of the available health centers.
EXPATS DEPENDENTS CAN WORK NOW IN BEAUTY PARLOR'S
Now female dependents of expatriate employees or workers are allowed to work in women's beauty parlor or salons, As per the statement from Mufarrej Al Haqabani, Minister of Labor and Social Development, this news was published in Saudi Gazette.
- Above decision is going to reduce the number of visas in the particular sector of women's beauty salon's or parlors. This statement was said to Saudi business leaders in the meeting organised by Chamber of Commerce of Madinah. Related Article : Procedure to get Dependents Iqama
- It will help expatriates to earn and save more as per their needs, Without changing the sponsorship of their dependents. Similar : Exit ReEntry for family
- Earlier in 2014, Ministry allowed expatriate dependents to work in private companies with out transferring their sponsorship from husbands. Read Also : Tanazul without kafeel
- If the company falls in Green or higher Nitaqat zone, Then that company is eligible to recruit the dependents of expatriate with the permission of the dependent sponsor. You may also like : Ahwal Madani Riyadh Appointment
- It is mandatory that dependent is qualified for the job and there are no Saudi applicants available for it, Dependent must not be above sixty years and hold valid iqama or muqeem, should not be in work contract with other company.
- Earlier this announcement was limited for teaching related jobs only in both International and private schools. Recommended : Expats children finger print