SAUDI ARABIA TO CRACKDOWN ON VIOLATORS & ILLEGAL EXPATS
As the amnesty period for all illegal expatriates in Saudi Arabia ended on November 14th of 2017 (Tuesday), From November 15th the Ministry of Interior inspection team will start hunting for the violators.
The drive to begin crackdown on iqama, labor and border security violators, Saudi Arabia was provided various chances of amnesty for violators and illegals to leave the Kingdom in a legal way.
- Those who are providing shelter to violators or transporting them or employing them will face heavy penalties along with violators said Ministry with confirmation of ending amnesty period for illegal expats.
- The Ministry of Interior asked citizens and expats to follow the rules and regulations specially while dealing with illegal expats who violated residence permit, labor and border security violations.
- The ministry called all expatriates and citizens to inform about the violators through the toll free number 999.
A YEMENI EXPAT HAS TO PAY A DEPENDENT FEE OF 46,000 SR FOR RENEWING IQAMA
A Yemeni expatriate has discovered, He have to pay 46,000 Saudi Riyals in order to renew his iqama or residence permit for one year, He found the amount in his SADAD account while he was checking his dependents fee online. Recommend : How to pay dependent fee
According to the Akhbaar24 local daily, This Yemeni expatriate is in Saudi Arabia with his four wives, He is feeling helpless as he is unable to pay that much huge amount of dependent fee for his family. Trending : Dependent & Companion fee as per jawazat systems
- As per the Yemeni expat, There are number of his relatives and friends who are facing the same situation like him, As few of his relatives and friends has their parents and brothers living with them in Saudi Arabia.
- One of his relative need to pay a dependent fee of 55,000 Saudi Riyals this year for renewing his iqama. If this is the situation of the first year, What is going to happen next year where the dependent fee will be doubled from June 2018. Read : Dependent fee on final exit and on newborn
SAUDI ARABIA TO CHARGE 5% VAT ON MONEY TRANSFER FEE
General Authority of Zakat and Tax (GAZT) confirmed that there is a VAT (Value Added Tax) of 5% on Money Transfers starting from 1st January of 2018 in Saudi Arabia, Before you start calculating five percent of your transfer money read below.
The Good news is that 5% of VAT is not on the transfer amount you are sending, but It is on the transfer fee, however it should be paid by the person who are sending money transfer clarified General Authority of Zakat and Tax.
- There are many transactions which are exempt from five percent VAT, It includes Interest on Loans, Lending fees with implicit margin like credit cards, mortgages, leasing, transactions of money and securities and as well as savings, current and deposit accounts reported Saudi Gazette.
- Insurance policies, Medicines, House Rents, Government Services fee, employees salaries are exempted from Value Added Tax confirmed by the General Authority of Zakat and Tax earlier.
- 5% of VAT is also not applicable on services like Issuance of Driving License, Renewal of Driving License and Passport services.
- Similarly there will be no VAT on exports to countries outside the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) states, Services given to non residents of GCC countries, International transport services for goods and passengers, Spare parts import and international transport and maintenance, repair and modifications.
SAUDI INTERPOL ARRESTED AN INDIAN FOR LEAVING SAUDI ILLEGALLY WITH COMPANY MONEY
An Indian citizen who went out from Saudi Arabia illegally with the large amount of money of his company has been arrested by the Saudi Arabian Interpol.]
According to the Saudi Arabian Interpol wing they received a complaint that an Indian expatriate left the Kingdom illegally after stealing a large amount of company money reported in Saudi Press Agency.
- Before the crime was discovered of the accused, he left the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Interpol arrested the Indian and brought back to Saudi Arabia on 25th October after tracking and chasing him internationally.
1.83 MILLION SAUDI RIYALS FINE FOR 2 PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN SAUDI ARABIA
Two private schools fined with 1.83 million Saudi Riyals for six violations of labor regulations and Saudization by the Inspection Agency and Development of Work Environment at the Ministry of Labor and Social Development.
According to Khaled Aba Al Khail the spokesperson of the Ministry words to the local news, The violations committed by two private schools in Saudi Arabia are
- Employing Dependents of expatriates
- No valid work permit from the ministry.
- Not paying the salaries of the employees on time.
- 75 illegal women workers of different nationalities.
- Working on the jobs reserved for Saudi women.
- Delayed salary payments of 32 Saudi workers.
SAUDI MINISTRY STOPPED THE SERVICE OF PROFESSION CHANGE ON IQAMAS
Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Labor and Social Development has stopped changing professions on iqamas or resident permits, However those who are not allowed to change their iqama profession can challenge the decision online. Trending : Nightwear banned in stadiums
Before few weeks, The ministry has given all the companies four weeks of time to correct their status, Now the given time has finished, Those who corrected their status will benefit from it. Recommend : New camera detects usage of mobile while driving
- Ministry inspection teams is about to visit all the organizations soon and penalize each violator with a sum of 25,000 Saudi Riyals said Saudi Gazette local news.
- Saudi citizens above the age of 60 years can work in private sectors, however they will not be considered while counting the ratio rate of nitaqat or Saudization. Most Viewed : Revised nitaqat stopped new visas for expats
- The Ministry of Labor and Social Development also said it will stop compensatory work visas after changing the ratio and modality of Saudization rates under nitaqat program.
SAUDI TO INVESTIGATE THE UNFAMILIAR DEAD BODY OF A SEA ANIMAL
Saudi Arabia received a dead body of unfamiliar and strange sea animal, which was found at the beach from the Border Guard in the southern beach of Yanbu city in the Kingdom.
The Fisheries Administration of the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture received the dead body of unknown sea animal for examination.
- The authorities will investigate the dead body of unfamiliar sea animal, from where it came and what sea animal it is.
- A Saudi came across the dead body of strange animal on the Yanbu southern beach on 1st November of 2017.
SPORTS AUTHORITIES BANS INAPPROPRIATE DRESS IN STADIUM
Sports authority in Saudi Arabia has banned from wearing inappropriate dresses or nightwear while entering into sports stadium or using the facilities of it.
The decision was took by Saudi authorities on October 10th, in order to stop men from wearing a loose or short sleeved robe or indoor garmet in public.
- From the day of announcement from authorities, the hashtag of 'banning nightwear in stadiums' hits more than 100,000 times, Social media users asusual splits their reactions on it.
- According to the statement of General Sports Authority, The new chairman issued a royal decree on it in September and instructed officials to refuse entries of 'inappropriately dressed' into sports stadiums.
- The fact behind it is football matches and other sports games are broadcating live and it is watched by different ages of people, The look of Saudi society in public should be inline and should keep away those who violates it with nightwears or inappropriate dresses in public.
- Social media users splits themselves on this decision, One of them said It is nightwear and should not be wear in public while the other user said the decision is nice and it should apply even on mosques.
NEW CAMERAS IN SAUDI ARABIA MONITORS USING MOBILE PHONES & NOT WEARING SEAT BELTS
New traffic cameras in Saudi Arabia will now detect drivers who are using mobile phones while driving a vehicle and those who are not wearing seat belts.
Traffic Directorate of Saudi Arabia said they are ready with the new saher cameras, installation work almost done, The new cameras will monitor the drivers who are using mobile phones while driving and the those who did not wear seat belts.
- Using of mobile phones while driving is a major cause of most of the accidents in Saudi Arabia after speeding a vehicle. It is most dangerous one and the rates of it are differ among various regions said General Director of Traffic Mohammed Al Bassami reported in Arab news.
- In the recent days itself we seen a proof of it, As one of the driver and his friend seen shooting a video before they met with an accident, Social media is a witness for number of such videos, they are not only threat for themselves but also for public safety.
A SAUDI TEENAGER RAP VIDEO 'SAMOLY' GAINED 33 MILLION VIEWS
A 16 year old Saudi teenager boy gained 33 million views on his rap song called 'Samoly' that is 'Bread' on his Youtube account named "Dyler", With fame his song sparked controversy for being his love to bread.
His song buzzed in Social Media platforms and stir controversy, While many viewers attacked his video as cheap and degrading, His supporters came into the line and congratulate him for reaching a successful millions views.
- While few supported the young rapper by saying people are jealous about the aspiring a new success of this rapper. Dyler fame not only limited in Saudi Arabia his video crossed the borders from Saudi Arabia to UAE.
- Dubai welcomed the teenager and hosted him at one of the malls in Dubai, where he meet and interacted with his thousands of fans reported Al Arabiya the local Saudi news.
SAUDI ARABIA TO ISSUE TOURIST VISAS SOON FOR ALL
For the first time Saudi Arabia to issue tourist visas soon, In the first phase of Tourist visas, it will allow groups of visitors only through authorized tour operators. Trending : Fingerprints mandatory on all Saudi visas now
Till now Saudi Arabia only issued visas for Employment, Students, Business Visit, Personal Visit, Family Visit, Umrah and Hajj visas. This is the first time for the Kingdom to open for all the people without restriction in the upcoming tourist visa.
- Saudi Arabia is a land of golden treasures, It has cultural and historical heritage sites that involves archaeological, heritage, urban and rural places. Recommend : 12th Phase of Wage Protection System
- Tourism will become a major drive for the growth of the Kingdom, As the Saudi Arabia is becoming independent with oil income. Millions of Muslim people arrive annually to the Kingdom on Umrah and Hajj visas for pilgrimage. See Also : 50 Red Sea Islands to become tourist place
- From the last few months, Saudi Arabia is trying to attract the visitor with tourism projects, Tabuk, Jizan, Red Sea Islands, Neom will be the destinations for tourists in the region.
- Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage has been conducting training workshops and awareness of relics, urban heritage and historical buildings for the youth. Read : Neom - A city with roaming robots
BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS COMPULSORY ON ALL SAUDI VISAS
Biometrics fingerprint is mandatory now for all visas including Hajj and Umrah Visa at abroad Saudi Embassies starting from this new Hijri year 1439, In order to ensure the safety and security of the pilgrims coming to Saudi Arabia for Hajj and Umrah.
Saudi Embassies in various countries instructed all the pilgrim service offices to collect the biometric fingerprints of the all the pilgrims coming to Saudi Arabia before they applying Hajj or Umrah visa.
- Earlier it was limited only for certain countries now it is compulsory for all. Saudi Embassy in the Pakistan also instructed all the related offices to store the biometrics of applicants applying for any visa of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- In Sweden, Saudi Embassy signed a contract with a company to take biometric fingerprints of the the people who are applying for entry visas including Hajj and Umrah visas, This company is going to replace the existing visa service centers.
- Registering biometrics before applying visa will save your time at immigration counters in Saudi Arabia's entry points, It will ensure better service to the applicants of entry visas.
- There will pe a fee for the process to obtain the finger prints of the pilgrims, However it is not yet clear how much the fee will be, But it is sure the security of the pilgrims.
- Before two years this decision was rejected, However this time it got approval, There will be a company who will store the biometrics of the pilgrims for Saudi government.
- From now on wards all the visas including Hajj and Umrah visas will be activated only after the biometric registration as per the letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Riyadh.
12th PHASE OF WAGE PROTECTION SYSTEM COVERS COMPANIES WITH 40 TO 59 EMPLOYEES
To ensure the workers and employees salaries paid on time, Ministry of Labor and Social Development in Saudi Arabia has started the mandatory implementation of the 12th phase of wage protection system. Trending : Wage Protection System in Saudi Arabia
The 12th phase of Wage Protection System covers companies and organizations with 40 to 59 workers, As per the estimation these phase covers 687,607 employees of 14,288 companies in Saudi Arabia.
- Under the Wage Protection Program, If the company fails to pay salaries of employees on time will face a fine of 3000 Saudi Riyals on each unpaid salary of the employee. Similar : Salary delay fine on Saudi companies
- Wage Protection System will suspend the company, if the salary of workers delayed continuously for 3 months, It also allow the unpaid workers to transfer to new employer with out any permission from the current employer. Recommend : Transfer to new sponsor without old kafeel permission
- Companies are being encourage to participate and keep track on an experimental basis before the next phase becomes mandatory on them.
- Last year most of the construction sectors delayed the payment of salaries to their workers which led thousands of expatriates to leave Saudi Arabia. See Also : Check your company color status
- Before few months government made mandatory to provide bank accounts to all the workers in the companies for receiving salaries on banks and in order to track the salary delays and the salary scales of expats and Saudi citizens.
- The 11th phase of Wage Protection System started in August 2017 covered companies with more than 60 employees and it effected on 7000 companies and 481,000 estimated employees. Related : 11th Phase of Wage Protection System in Saudi Arabia