INDIAN EMBASSY OPENS NEW VISA CENTRE IN JUBAIL FOR ITS CITIZENS
A new passport and visa application center is opened for Indians in Jubail city, this will benefits the Indian expatriates living in Saudi Arabia to apply or renew their passports. Trending : Govt. to Introduce new Hajj policy for Indians
Ahmad Javed Indian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia was inaugurated the center, This center will provide number of facilities including allowing travelers to India to submit their visa applications and Indian community can apply or renew passports here. Recommend : Expats holds more than 10 million jobs in Saudi
- This center will work from Saturday to Wednesday, Indians have a community of 3.2 million in Saudi Arabia, Serving the largest community of the world is the preference of Indian Embassy, This center will improve the services and bring step ahead to several Indians living in the near by areas.
- The launch of this center will mark 7th VFS Global center in Saudi Arabia where Indian citizens can submit their applications for applying new passports or renewals and attestation services. Related : Allowed Gold limit to carry at Indian Airports
SALARIES IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS FOR EXPATS & CITIZENS
According to the latest data of General Authority of Statistics, Saudi citizen employees are earning double in the private sector compared to the average salaries of expatriates of the Kingdom. Trending : A Saudi teacher under scanning after telling students
The average monthly salary of a Saudi national employee in the private sector is estimated at 7717 SR, while the average monthly salary of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia is 3855 SR in estimation as per the latest report of Labor market authority. Recommend : Labor Ministry to stop services to companies on status
- In the government sector, The average monthly salaries of expats was slightly higher than 11,138 SR comparing to their Saudi colleagues at 10,589 SR.
- Similarly in the Non profit organizations, the average salaries of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia per month is 6370 Saudi Riyals while the Saudi locals salaries on average in the same sector are 4827 Riyals of Saudi Arabia. Read : No VAT on Employees Salaries
- Saudi's Government sector is almost full with the national employees, They are on higher rates while comparing with any other GCC states like Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain. So there is a less chance Saudi's to get hired in the public sector.
- Even after public sectors are almost full with Saudi employees the unemployment level is double, Government is making efforts for them to be hired in private sectors, Foreign Investments in the Kingdom will be a key to absorb the unemployed young Saudis in the labor market. Related : No VAT on housing rents and government services
- The salaries of Saudi Employees in Government sectors are less compared to the Government employees in Kuwait and UAE because of too much population of Saudi citizens reaching 80% in all GCC countries.
- As per the latest report of International Monetary Fund (IMF), the average monthly salaries gap between expats and citizens in private sector leads to more demand of expatriates in the sector. See Also : HIV test mandatory for iqama renewals for these countries expats
- International Monetary Fund report also reveal that, as the salaries of Saudi nationals are more in public sector while comparing to private sector, Nationals will prefer only for government sector jobs.
A SAUDI TEACHER IS IN TRACE AFTER HE TELLS HIS YOUNG STUDENTS THEY WILL NEVER FIND JOBS
A Saudi teacher in the Kingdom is in trace and in investigation after a video of 11 seconds became viral in social media, In the footage, a teacher is heard saying to his young students that they will never find jobs even they study hard or not. Trending : An Emotional letter from boy to Dead mother
The viral video of a young teacher saying his students "No matter what ever you do, there are no jobs" irked many people in social video at last the video ends with "If you want to suspend me, go ahead and do it". Most Viewed : Expat won 4 years of residence permit for free
- The Ministry of Education is investigating on the matter, Ministry spokesman said officials believe the man in the video cannot be a teacher, they are trying to find out from which place and when this video is taken.
- Social media users reacting very fast on this short video clip, Most of them are completely against the statements said by a teacher while others reacts its a truth. See Also : Verdict of Saudi court on Cat Killer
بعد تداول مقطع الفيديو: تذاكرون أو لا، مافيه وظائف، متحدث #التعليم: جاري التحقق، ولا نتوقع أن يحصل هذا من معلم أو مربي. (الميدان التعليمي) pic.twitter.com/4qqAmqPgBj— هاشتاق السعودية (@HashKSA) October 16, 2017
- One of the twitter user name Alma Mt tweeted, "What a painful video, Even it is truth, They are too young to understand his speech", While the other user Sultan AlSaif said, "The man clearly does not believe in education, how is he even able to do his job". Related : HIV test mandatory for iqama renewal for these countries expats
- Few tried to link it with statistics saying "What he said is true, there are no job opportunities open to our youth and statistics confirm that 500,000 university graduates are currently unemployed".
MINISTRY OF LABOR TO STOP SERVICES TO ESTABLISHMENTS WHO FAILED TO UPDATE THEIR ACTIVITY STATUS
Khaled Abalkhail, spokesman of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, said the ministry is committed to stopping its e-services to those who fail to update their activities, as well as launching inspection visits to track down violators after the deadline ends.
Abalkhail recommended establishments that operate under false activities to correct their status registered with the ministry via its website (www.mlsd.gov.sa).
Meanwhile, the four-month deadline which the ministry grants to the establishments has begun last Sunday (October 8).
Abalkhail emphasized the ministry’s keenness to protect the business sector from illegal establishments and achieve fair competition, pointing out it will use multiple channels and send SMS to ask certain firms to correct their status online on the ministry’s website.
Abalkhail said the ministry is planning to launch a service aiming to urge establishments to correct their activities within fixed time frame and allow them to submit complaints online with providing supportive evidence.
He said the ministry is working to regulate and reform the labor market and create suitable work environments, clarifying the ministry has a mechanism to check the status of certain establishments for the upcoming period.
THIRD PHASE OF FEMINIZATION FROM 01-02-1439
The Ministry of Labor and Social Development is preparing to implement the third phase of the feminization of women's clothing stores from Saturday (1/2/1439). Most Viewed : Women to penalize if drive before June 2018
The ministry's spokesman Khaled Aba Al-Khail said that the targeted activities to be settled in the third phase are the sale of women's perfumes, shoes, bags, women's socks, ready-made women's clothing, kiosks that sell women's supplies, shop sections that sell ready-made women's clothing. Recommend : Shops under Saudi feminization
He added that among the targeted activities are small stand-alone shops that sell bridesmaids, women's gowns, accessories, women's gables and maternity care, and pharmacies in the malls, which sell accessories and cosmetics.
The Spokesman pointed out that the Ministry has established requirements for the special environment in which women work in malls, whether they are closed or open, or self-contained or multi-sectional. Trending : Women to run Taxis in Saudi
Women's place of work must be in a place characterized by privacy and autonomy, And if the establishment receives the public, a security guard or a security system must be assigned to the women's section.
The employer must provide the workers with a place to rest, pray and toilets. If the shop is dedicated to selling women's and non-women's supplies in multiple departments, the number of female workers in the single shift should not be less than three workers. Related : Bride demands car in marriage contract
The other sections are connected with barriers and the employment of women and men in one department is prohibited. It also prohibits the presence of male workers in women's departments or vice versa.
SAUDI CLEARS NO 5% VAT ON HOUSING RENTS, GOVERNMENT SERVICES & EMPLOYEES SALARIES
As VAT (Value Added Tax) of 5% is about to effect in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 1st January 2018, Things are becoming more clear now for the confused expats and citizens on which services is going to effect. Trending : No VAT on salaries of employees
Saudi authorities said in the last week that there will be no Value Added Tax (VAT) on employees salaries as it is effecting only on the goods and services and Import and Export of the products. Recommend : India introduces new Hajj policy
- Housing rents and government funded services are also exempted from 5% VAT cleared the in charge officials of the VAT portal in their official twitter account reported AlRiyadh local newspaper of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia is in leading place in GCC countries to implement VAT tax first by 1st January 2018 then the other GCC states of United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman will follow it according to their own norms. Related : 100% tax on tobacco products and energy drinks
- The standard rate of VAT tax will be five percent for all goods excluding few items, The excluded products will have a VAT rate of 0%.
AN EMOTIONAL LETTER FROM SAUDI BOY TO HER DEAD MOTHER
A viral emotional letter from a Saudi boy to his dead mother made everyone into deep emotions on social media, His handwritten letter is in Arabic and he is begging his mother to come back home. Trending : A heartwarming story of a Saudi boy
The letter from Saudi Child is in Arabic, His name is not mentioned in the letter, however we translated the meaning of it for you. Recommend : 9 year old applies for Job in NASA and got reply
Dear Mama, I am writing this letter so that when I die like you, I can bring it with me and show you that I have never forgotten you. I now always pray to God to grant you eternal rest in Paradise.
I have changed now, I will eat regularly and do whatever Sarah asks me to do. I no longer dirtied the house, You use to complaint me that I dirtied the house that made you extra tired. Similar : Free lifetime flights for newborn
Dear Mom, I am sorry. Please, may Allah bless you, come back to live with us. I promise to God that i will obey your each and every instruction, I will be with you to clean everything.
I will let you sleep and will not disturb your sleep, Please Mom, may Allah bless you, come back. Read : Wolf attacked a kid in shopping mall
- Social media people expressed their views showing sympathy with the boy, praising him as 'Impressively Thankful' and 'Wonderfully thankful' to his mother.
- Few users breakdown into tears after reading the letter posted some people. The pain of losing a parent is painful especially for a kid, May Allah bless him and may he grant his mother eternal peace. See Also : Saudi nurse donates her part of liver to a girl
- Few people expressed the words he wrote is directly go to the heart, I feel everyone who read will be affected on reading it. He expressed his love to his mother and the pain of losing her, His message is really pure, May Allah reward him and his mother.
YEMENI EXPAT WON FOUR YEARS OF IQAMA PERMIT FOR FREE
A Yemeni expat living in Saudi Arabia has secured his 4 years of residence permit for free after he won a bet from his Saudi employer. Most Viewed : Street cleaner become celebrity over night
According to Gulf News report, The Yemeni expat named Jalal Ahmad calling himself 'The Sensible from Taez' posted an image of his employer on his Facebook saying he had a bet with him and he asked Facebook users to him for winning this bet. Recommend : Saudi man rewarded for saving from possible disaster
- As per his Employee and Employer terms and conditions, Yemeni expatriate would get his residence permit for 4 years free of charge, if he get 1500 Likes on his Facebook post within 24 hours.
- He posted a post on his Facebook with a message 'I am truly serious about this bet and I want you to help me in securing the likes', The cost of 4 years residence permit is about 24,000 Saudi Riyals. Related : Saudi Arabia arrested 46 for harming public order
- With in few hours he got 33,000 Likes and more than 7,500 comments on his Facebook post, He thanked all for the tremendous support of people who involved in his post likes and comments.
- Later he said, "My brother and sponsor said he would honor his pledge", I like to thank all who supported me even though they do not know me. Similar : Cat killer is penalized in Saudi Arabia
- People on Facebook surprised with the post, liked and shared as funny post, Later the post became viral and welcomed many by load of likes and comments.
- Few people in Facebook said, Betting is not allowed in Islam and it is a violation of religious tenets, it should not get support for such actions of bet. Read : Saudi bride demands car in marriage contract
- While some users insisted Saudi citizen not to fall in such foolish actions where his professional relationship with his employee reflects.
NO VAT ON EMPLOYEES SALARIES
As VAT (Value Added Tax) of 5% is about to effect from January 1st 2018 in Saudi Arabia and GCC states, Many people are still confused on which things they are going to pay five percent of Value Added Tax.
Saudi Arabian authorities denied the rumors of VAT Tax on employees salaries, Value Added Tax will be applicable on merchandise and services and on all stages of import and export operations till the goods reach the customer, not on employees salaries whether they are expatriates or citizens.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) is an indirect tax applicable on all goods and services that are bought and sold by businesses, GCC states never taxed before as it was dependent on oil income, Due to fall in oil prices GCC states decides to impose VAT starting from 1st January 2018.
- More than 160 countries around the world has VAT as their most reliable source of revenue for government and state budgets, VAT will add 25 to 30 Billion Saudi Riyals on state budgets as per the estimation.
- All the businesses and companies in Saudi Arabia should comply with the rules and regulations of VAT, They need to streamline their accounting in order to accomodate VAT framework.
- The effect of VAT on expatriates will cost 5% more compare to earlier expenses for living in Saudi Arabia, Saving of expats will be impacted due to higher expenses, Dependent tax and higher fuel and utilities charges.
WOMEN DRIVING IS STILL BANNED IN SAUDI TILL JUNE 2018
Traffic department will penalize the women who drive before the June 24, 2018, As the King Salman order clearly states to study the requirements for women driving and grant driving license for women from next year's June.
Women who drive with their male protectors or alone will punish if they drive before the specified time warned traffic department of Saudi Arabia. The committee setup by the ministries of Interior, Finance, Labor and Social Development to present their study on women driving before June 2018.
- Social media is loaded with offers and training centers for women driving, Traffic department warned women from responding such ads before it is fully allowed women to drive. It is seen on social media some advertisements offering women driving course for 40 Riyals per hour or a package of 30 hours for SR 1200 by providing car for training.
- Saudi Society for Traffic Safety is also alerted Nobody got the license from government to train driving for women in public places, Avoid responding to such ads and should not become victim of any abuses. Action against such ads would be taken as per the law.
- The formal lifting of ban on women driving will be June 26th of 2018. A woman has been penalized after she posted video of her driving in social media, However the penalty is unknown, but she is not arrested. The owner of the car will also be booked for violation of traffic rules.
- Before few days a woman met with an accident while she was driving on the main road in between Jeddah and Makkah, In the incident 13 year old boy was killed who was with the woman in the car, In another incident one more women died in accident while she was driving.
A SAUDI MAN BRAVERY PRAISED IN SOCIAL MEDIA FOR PUSHING BURNING CAR FAR FROM PETROL STATION
A Saudi man was praised for his quick action to prevent possible disaster at one of the petrol station in Saudi Arabia, Up to 50 people and property saved from his heroic action in Riyadh.
A video becoming viral in social media, The video clip footage shows a vehicle in flames near to the petrol pump and some people unsure what to do, Then suddenly a Saudi man enter with his car and ram the burning car away from the petrol station, before any further damage.
- The driver then reverses his vehicle away from the place with burning tyres of his own vehicle and then he went away to cool down his own car tyres, As per the sources the Saudi man was Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Rajban.
- On asking Sultan, He said he was coming out of the mosque after his Magrib prayer, then he saw a large crowd dealing with a burning car near to the petrol station and a ATM machine.
- I felt strong and tried to make the scene safe for everyone out their and pushed burning car from my vehicle before any tragedy happens. My car was slightly damaged, This does not matter to me, I did my duty towards my country and the innocent people around there.
- People in social media are demanding to reward the man for his bravery, few of them suggested petrol pump owner to provide the man free petrol for a year.
HIV TEST COMPULSORY BEFORE RENEWING IQAMA OF 10 COUNTRIES EXPATS
As per one of the article in Madinah newspaper, From now on wards 10 countries Expatriates living in Saudi Arabia must go for HIV blood testing before they renew their Iqamas or residence permits of the Kingdom.
It also said in the newspaper, The Ministry of Health issued a mandatory measure of HIV blood testing before the Iqama renewal for expatriates from countries like Sudan, Ethopia, Kenya, Somalia, Thailand, Nepal, Nigeria, Vietnam, Dijbouti and Eritrea.
- The Ministry of Health also made compulsory to have hepatitis vaccination for expatriate workers in professions like barbers, domestic workers, drivers, health employees, convalescence outlets and social care facilities.
SAUDI COURT HANDED 12 MONTHS JAIL & 20,000 SR FINE FOR CAT KILLER
Saudi Court in Jeddah slashed a man with 12 months jail term and a penalty of 20,000 Saudi Riyals for killing a cat, the accused person became viral in social media as cat-killer.
A video clip of gun toting man on street cats in Jeddah neighborhood became viral in social media with a hashtag of 'We want to punish the cat killer'.
- The night footage of the viral video clip showed a number of cats are tortured by being shot on them, The clip upset most of the viewers in social media and they demand to punish the man behind it.
- Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture promised that it would investigate on the viral video and will take required action, Ministry demanded with security forces to take immediate action on the man in order to stop cat killing.
- Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Governor of Makkah also ordered police to catch the culprit behind it and take legal action against the cat killer.
- Jeddah Court verdict the accused man with a 12 months jail term and a fine of SR 20,000 for cat killer, Upon the accused appeal, the public prosecutor said the punishment is light.
- However, any of the party are eligible to file appeal petition within 30 days after receiving the copy of the verdict.