A SECURITY OFFICER WON THE HEARTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR CARRYING ELDERLY PILGRIMS UP THE STAIRS AT MAKKAH
As Makkah's Grand Mosque overflows with more than 7.46 million Umrah Pilgrims this Ramadan, some, more than other finds it hard to complete their rituals and religious duties, mainly due to physical barriers. Most Viewed : Hajj registrations for Saudi pilgrims to start from 4th July 2019
Year after year, Saudi Arabia has worked hard on improving Masjid Al Haram (The Grand Mosque in Makkah) with a team of different security officers and guards to help elder Muslims and kids throughout their journey.
- You can find number of videos of such heroes in uniforms, who are lending their helping hands to the pilgrims in Makkah. Trending : Smart bracelets with GPS technology for pilgrims on arrival in Saudi Arabia
- In one of the recent viral video, A policeman won over social media users hearts online when he carried an elderly man up the stairs in the holy site of Makkah.
- A seven second video clip footage captured a heart warming gesture went viral this week and had people in tears over expectedly finding a piece of humanity still in act.
- Even though the majority of users were all over the kind act, hailing the security officer for it, several hundreds were left wondering about services offered to the disable and elderly persons. See Also : Mataf area is only for Tawaf except 5 obligatory prayers
- Some social media users requested the authorities to supervise and provide such services for those who need in the Holy Mosque of Makkah. While the other said We thank the officer from our heart, but why there are no elevators for such people, he wrote.
SAUDI ARABIA IMPOSES A FINE OF 5000 SR FOR VIOLATING PUBLIC DECORUM
Starting from Today (25th May 2019), Saudi Arabia to slap a fine of 5000 Saudi Riyals on those who violates public decorum as per the provisions of new law. Trending : New rules on recruiting domestic workers
The executive regulations of the law is to preserve public decorum and to combat its abuse. The list of offenses has been designed to respect the culture, traditions, customs and values of Saudi Arabia.
- The penalty fine of 5000 SR will be doubled if the violator repeats the violation within one year after committing the first one. However, those penalized can appeal to the specialized administrative court, as per the law. Most Viewed : Saudi imposes tax on eCigarettes and sugary drinks
- There are 10 rules in the law, which will give special importance in writing, which includes respect the values of the society, avoid bad behavior in the public, customs, traditions and culture prevailing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Arabia is not the only country to implement such law, many countries all over the world have them and the regulations will apply on both expatriates and the citizens of the country.
- As the Tourism on raise in the Kingdom, These 10 articles will help individuals to be aware of the law and how to behave in the presence of the visitors of the country. See Also : Regulations on new special privileged iqama
- The regulations aims to uphold the values, principles and identity of the Saudi society in accordance with the fundamental principles mentioned in the Kingdom's basic law of Governance.
- It includes public places like parks, beaches, malls, hotels, restaurants, markets, commercial complexes, cafes, museums, theaters, cinemas, stadiums, medical and educational facilities, exhibitions, gardens, clubs, roads, footpath, etc,. Read : Smart bracelets for pilgrims on arriving in Saudi Arabia
- It is not permissible to appear in a public place with improper dress or wearing any costume that bears pictures, forms, signs or expressions that disturbs and violates public decorum.
- The violation also includes any writing or drawing which is illegal on the walls of public places or transport without getting permission from the concerned authorities. See Also : Alternative punishments for prisoners in Saudi Arabia
- It is also not allowed to use any word or engage in any act which tends to harm those who visits public places.
SAUDI ARABIA SETS NEW RULES ON RECRUITMENT COMPANIES OF DOMESTIC WORKERS
New rules on recruitment companies of domestic workers in Saudi Arabia starting from 1st July 2019, It is mandatory for owners of recruitment companies to document electronically through Musaned online service about new contracts signed with clients. Similar : Strict punishment for violence on domestic workers
Any contracts for recruitment of domestic workers executed outside the Musaned program will be invalid revealed the Ministry Of Labor and Social Development.
- 30% fine on recruitment offices for not following the conditions of domestic workers like worker should arrive within 90 days of signed contract. It is also mandatory for recruitment offices to receive the workers from airport and accommodate them within the contract period.
- Its the duty of recruitment offices to provide accommodation to the domestic workers, in order to protect the workers and to save the expenses incurred by the state owned accommodation facilities, which is about 50 million Saudi Riyals annually.
- The recruitment offices will pass the accommodation fees not exceeding 50 SR per day to the Kafeel or sponsor. However, the first day when the workers arrives, there should not be charges. Recommend : You cannot image world without Filipinos
- The recruitment offices are expected to provide services for workers in their accommodation facilities including giving clothes to them beside training courses.
- The number of recruitment companies in Saudi Arabia are setting up an accommodations company with a capital amount of 20 million Saudi Riyals. However, The Eastern Province is still not ready to receive workers in their accommodation facilities said one of the owner of recruitment company. Similar : A Saudi family gives farewell to domestic worker
- There are 3 categories of recruitment companies A, B and C. A category to provide accommodation as per the conditions, while B category offices will do with less conditions and C category companies are not obliged to provide accommodation. Majority of the companies are registered in A and B categories.
- Bank guarantees for Category A company is 1 million SR, for Category B is 750,000 SR and for Category C is 450,000 SR, Category C will focus on hiring domestic workers only, recruitment offices would cooperate with each other to set up joint accommodations. See Also : Salary cards to domestic workers
- As per the expectation the new fine will lead to 70% rise in the bill in the new contracts, Recruitment offices have objected to the decision are set to send a letter to the Ministry.
SAUDI ARABIA'S KING SALMAN & CROWN PRINCE CONGRATULATES INDIAN PM ON HIS VICTORY
Saudi Arabia's King Salman congratulated newly elected Indian Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi on his second term in the country through a telephone call as per the report of Saudi Press Agency (SPA). Trending : Saudi Arabia deposits $250 million in Sudan's central bank
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman expressed his sincere congratulations to Indian PM Narendra Modi on the success and wished more prosperity for the Indian people. Recommend : Saudi Arabia shoot downs 2 missile heading towards Makkah and Jeddah
- The Indian PM thanked the Saudi Arabia's King for the telephone call and expressed his keenness to strengthen relations between India and Saudi Arabia in various fields.
- Earlier on the day of Election results, King Salman sent a cable of congratulations to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on winning the general elections under the leadership of Narendra Modi.
- Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, The deputy premier and Minister of Defense also sent a similar cable of congratulations to the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. See Also : Saudi family forgets 3 year daughter in Taxi in Makkah found in Madina
- He wished the Prime Minister good health and steady progress and prosperity for the citizens of India.
REGISTRATIONS FOR HAJJ 2019 FOR LOCAL PILGRIMS TO START FROM 1ST DHUL QADAH, 1st PHASE STARTED
The Ministry of Hajj and Umrah announced its date for the registration of Hajj this year 1440 (2019) for locals (Expats & Citizens) living in Saudi Arabia. Registrations to start from 1st Dhul Qa'da (4th July 2019). Trending : eVisas for Hajj and Umrah pilgrims within minutes
The first phase for domestic pilgrims has already started from 20th May 2019, where pilgrims can browse the programs, services and prices offered by 190 Hajj service companies for 227,000 Hajj pilgrims.
- There will be 3 types of packages this year for Hajj. Recommend : Saudi Crown Prince increased Hajj quota for Indians
1. Hospitality : Hospitality offers variety of services like lodging in Mina towers, return flights, land transportation to Makkah and other essential services. This package price ranges from 6,508 SR to 11,905 SR.
2. Economical 1 : Economical 1 offers a value driven with several options like lodging in Mina camps, return land transportation from the various cities and Mashaer train service. This package cost ranges from 3,447 SR to 4,797 SR. Read : Heavy penalties for overstaying on Hajj visas
3. Economical 2 : Economical 2 is the cheapest package costs about 3,465 SR, It offers accommodation and all the essential services on a fixed rate, Can accommodate in approved lodges, facilities of Mashaer train during the das of Tashreeq.
- For more details on the packages and offered services, One can visit and browse at https://localhaj.haj.gov.sa/
SAUDI ARABIA IMPOSES 100% TAX ON E-CIGARETTES & 50% ON SUGARY DRINKS
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has imposed a new special tax of 100 per cent on electronic cigarettes and 50 per cent on sugary drinks starting from Saturday as per the statement of The General Authority of Zakat and Tax. Trending : Saudi Arabia shoots down two missiles heading towards Makkah and Jeddah
Saudi Arabia introduced similar taxes called Selective Tax before two years in the year 2017 stating 100% tax on cigarettes, tobacco products and energy drinks and 50% tax on soft drinks. Similar : Saudi Arabia implemented Selective Tax
- The tax on e-cigarettes and sugary drinks fall under the category of selective taxes, which are harmful for the public health.
- Saudi Arabia introduced a 5 per cent of Value Added Tax (VAT) last year in January 2018, In order to improve the non oil revenue generation. The Kingdom was first to introduce in the GCC States. See Also : Imports of tobacco products dropped by 43% in Saudi Arabia
- Value Added Tax (VAT) introduction had been successful in Saudi Arabia, However the Saudi government is charging very less compared to the global standards.
SAUDI ARABIA DEPOSITED $250 MILLION INTO SUDAN'S CENTRAL BANK
Saudi Arabia has deposited 250 million US dollars in the Sudanese central bank said the Kingdom's Ministry of Finance in its statement. Trending : King Salman hosted Sudanese Umrah pilgrims till their flights restored
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates together pledged to send 3 million US dollars worth of aid to Sudan, after the heavy protests led to the ouster of the Sudan's President Omar Al Bashir.
- The move is going to strengthen Sudan's financial position, alleviate pressure on the Sudanese pound and will achieve more stability in the exchange rate. Recommend : Saudi Arabia shoots down 2 missiles heading towards Makkah
- United Arab Emirates and the Kingdom have deposited 500 million US dollars now into Sudan's Central Bank, which is the first installment of the joint package of aid.
- The remaining amount is allocated for urgent needs of the Sudanese people which includes food, medications and oil derivatives. See Also : Google cancels Huawei's Android license
- Saudi Arabia to support the Sudanese people and its support will strengthen the financial and economic situation in Sudan, especially the Currency exchange rate of the Sudanese pound, which will reflect positively on the living of the Sudanese people.
SAUDI ARABIA'S AIR DEFENSES SHOOTS DOWN TWO MISSILES HEADING TOWARDS MAKKAH & JEDDAH
Saudi Arabia's air defense forces shoots down two missiles heading towards Makkah and Jeddah fired by Iran backed Houthis in Yemen as per the report of Al Arabiya news.
The report said the ballistic missile was shot down in Taif, just 50 Km away from Makkah, and the other was intercepted at Red Sea port city of Jeddah, eyewitnesses including Saudi channel cited the moments of shot down.
- The Saudi government is yet to issue a formal statement to acknowledge the missile fire. Many Muslims took the social media to express their anger with a trending hashtag #HouthiStrikeMecca.
- However, The Houthis made no official claims to the missile fire, till now.
- The Makkah city is in between the two cities of Taif and Jeddah, As both the missiles were shot down near to the Holy Muslims. The world Muslims showing anger and fear on social media platforms.
- Worldwide Muslims in millions visiting the Holy Mosque of Makkah to perform their Umrah in the holy month of Ramadan, when they are fasting from dawn to dusk.
GOOGLE CANCELS HUAWEI'S ANDROID LICENSE
Google has suspended business with Huawei and cancelled the Android license, Currently, Huawei is the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world. Most Viewed : Rules and conditions of Saudi Green Card
The suspension move from Google comes after the US government has added in the 'Entity List', it means US companies cannot do business with Chinese telecom without 'explicit approval' from the government. Trending : Places on earth where sun never sets
- Huawei in its statement said it would continue to provide security updates and services for its smartphones and tablets around the world despite barring from Google. The company have made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android.
- Huawei also said it will continue to provide updates to the existing customers and Honor smartphone and tablet products which already sold and still in stock globally. See Also : Flynas announced new direct flights
- We continue to build a safe and sustainable software, in order to provide the best experience for all global users.
- Android in an official statement said, We assure you while we are complying with all US government requirements, services like Google Play and security from Google Play Protect will keep functioning on your existing Huawei devices.
- However, Google may stop services like Gmail, Google Chrome and YouTube apps for the Huawei devices. But Google Play will continue to work.
- Huawei is a rapidly growing leader in 5G technology but depends on foreign suppliers. The company CEO said, We have not done anything wrong which violates the law.
- Huawei is the target of a campaign by Washington, which is trying to persuade allies not to allow China a role in building next generation 5G mobile networks.
- Intel Corp, Qualcomm Inc, Xilinx Inc and Broadcom Inc have also said they will not be supplying Huawei till further notice.
REGULATIONS OF NEW SPECIAL PRIVILEGE IQAMA
Good news for those who are going to get special privilege iqama (Saudi Green Card) as Saudi Arabia is not going to collect expat levy or dependent fee, which is applicable on expatriates working in the private sector. Trending : Saudi Arabia's Green Card or Privilege iqama fee
1. The Special Privilege Iqama holders can keep their family members along with them without paying dependent fee including wives, daughters and sons who are below the age of 21 years.
2. The special iqama holders can by residential, commercial and industrial properties any where in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia except the two holy cities of Makkah and Madina.
3. However, they cannot buy but they can invest to benefit from the real estate in the holy cities of Makkah and Madina for the period of up to 99 years.
4. The Special Privilege Iqama will not automatically entitle its holders to Saudi Nationality. Most Viewed : Big news on Saudi Green Card
5. The bearer of Special Privilege Iqama can own means of transportation, work in any private establishment and can freely switch jobs, this rule is also applicable for the family members of the special iqama holder.
6. They can work on any job except those which are reserved for Saudi nationals. They can work on any commercial legal activity.
7. They can go out of the Kingdom on their own any time they want, they can also use special passport desks designated for Saudi citizens. See Also : Saudi Iqama for expats with special rights
8. Special Iqama holders can obtain number of visit visas for their relatives, they can also recruit domestic workers.
9. There will be two types in Special Privilege Iqama, one is yearly renewable which costs about 100,000 Saudi Riyals and the second one is with unlimited period which costs about 800,000 Saudi Riyals.
10. The Special Privilege Iqama can be canceled if the bearer is convicted in any crime for which he is sentenced for 60 days or more, or fined with 100,000 Saudi Riyals or to be deported from the Kingdom on order of the court.
11. It can also be canceled if the data provided in the application is found to be incorrect later. Read : Alternative punishments soon for Saudi Prisoners
12. The special iqama holders can voluntarily give away their privileged special status, if they wished so, they will lose it in case of death reported Saudi Gazette.
May 19, 2019
PLACES ON EARTH WHERE THERE IS NO DARKNESS AND THE SUN NEVER SETS
Most of us are very comfortable with 12 hours day and 12 hours night due to the rotation of the earth around sun, but there are few places where sun never sets and there will be sunlight for all 24 hours without a break. Similar : World's longest and shortest fasting hours places for Ramadan
LIST OF SOME PLACES WHERE SUN NEVER SETS :
1. NORWAY : Norway is known for the land of midnight sun, because of high altitude, however there are seasonal variations in daylight because of the period of refracted sunlight is long. Recommend : Saudi Arabia to host G20 Summit for the first time in November 2020
2. FINLAND : In most of the parts of the Finland, the sun shines for straight 73 hours during summer and there will be no sunlight during winters. The midnight sun shines above the Arctic circle, however here the sun briefly dips beyond the horizon and then rises again, which makes the blurring of the boundary between dying night and dawning day.
3. SWEDEN : Every year there is constant sunshine lasts for up to 6 months in a year, From early May to late August, The sun sets around midnight and rises again at nearly four in the morning. See Also : Check Umrah visa status and applicable fee on specific passport
4. ALASKA : Alaska is south of the Arctic Circle, where the sun sets around 12:30 AM in the summer solstice, The sun doesn't set in Alaska from late May to late July.
5. ICELAND : The sun never fully sets and travels horizontally across this horizon throughout the night, Europe's 2nd largest island sees no dark from May till July as the sun is above horizon all the time. During Arctic Summer, Sun sets at midnight and then again rises at 3 AM in the morning. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia is the 3rd happiest country in the Middle East & Northern Africa
6. CANADA : Canada is the 2nd largest country which sees continuous sunlight for nearly 50 days in summer, in some places like Inuvik and the Northwest territories. The country is covered in snow around the year.
May 18, 2019
WORLD'S LONGEST AND SHORTEST FASTING TIMES IN RAMADAN 2019 (1440)
World's Longest and Shortest fasting hours in the Ramadan 2019, The Calculation is based on the timings of Fajar prayer and Magrib prayer. Murmansk, Russia only has 3 hours of darkness as the sunrises again at 1.41 AM.
SHORTEST FASTING HOURS IN THE WORLD FOR RAMADAN 2019
1. Ushuaia, Argentina - 11 Hours
2. Santiago, Chile & Capetown, South Africa - 12.04 Hours
3. Rio de Janeiro - 12.28 Hours
4. Dar Es Salam, Tanzania - 13.05 Hours
5. Nairobi, Kenya - 13.17 Hours
6. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - 13.44 Hours
7. Sana, Yemen - 14.05 Hours
8. Hyderabad, India - 14.09 Hours
9. Miami, USA - 14.25 Hours
10. Muscat, Oman - 14.33 Hours
11. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - 14.37 Hours
12. Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 14.39 Hours
13. Delhi, India - 14.51 Hours
14. Los Angeles, USA - 15.01 Hours
15. Cairo, Egypt & Jerusalem, Palestine - 15.06 Hours
16. Islamabad, Pakistan & Baghdad, Iraq - 15.14 Hours
17. Beirut, Lebanon - 15.16 Hours
18. Tehran, Iran - 15.26 Hours
19. New York, USA - 15.38 Hours
20. Lima, Peru - 15.42 Hours
LONGEST FASTING HOURS IN THE WORLD FOR RAMADAN 2019
1. Murmansk, Russia - 20.45 hours
2. Lulea, Sweden - 19.43 hours
3. Reykjavik, Iceland - 19.26 hours
4. Fairbanks, Alaska - 19.17 hours
5. Oslo, Norway - 18.43 hours
6. Stockholm, Sweden - 18.38 hours
7. Anchorage, Alaska - 18.34 hours
8. Edinburgh, Scottland - 18.14 hours
9. Copenhagen, Denmark - 18.12 hours
10. Berlin, Germany - 17.54 hours
11. London, England - 17.51 hours
12. Paris, France - 17.09 hours
13. Moscow, Russia - 16.23 hours
14. Seattle, Washington - 16.31 hours
15. Tornto, Canada - 15.58 hours