INDIANS STILL PREFER SAUDI ARABIA FOR JOBS, INDIA STILL TOPS IN REMITTANCES
Saudi Arabia is still most preferred destination in the gulf for Indian expatriates seeking jobs, According to revealed official data, India has the highest sources of remittances from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Trending : New visa center for Indians in Jubail
As per the figures revealed by Indian Embassy in Riyadh, There were more than 3 Million Indians are living in Saudi Arabia in the month March of this year, While in October the numbers of Indians became 3.2 Million a sharp rise of 200,000 Indians with in 7 months. Recommend : Gold allowed to carry at Indian airports
- Indians in Saudi Arabia are not only comprising blue collar jobs but a growing numbers in the professions of doctors, engineers, oil technologists, IT experts and other technocrats who are taking part in the Saudi's reforming economy.
- India continues to be the top recipient of expats remittances according to Pew Research Center data, Out of 69 billion dollars remittance, 10.5 billion remittance money is from Saudi Arabia. Related : Send money to home country through online
- As per the estimation of World Bank, 575 billion dollars remittances sent globally in 2016, Out of which 429 billion dollars received by India. In the year 2018 the numbers are going to increase by 615 billion dollars out of which India may receive 460 billion dollars due to rise of Indians in the Kingdom as well as all over the world.
A TIME TRAVELER MAN VISITED FROM YEAR 2030 IN 2018
A time-traveler man claiming, he visited from the year 2030 and arrived in 2018 to warn about the future. Surprisingly, the lie detector machine detects he is telling the truth.
He said his life is in danger for revealing the truth about future, some agencies will torture him for giving information about the coming years, he said. So he hided and keeping secret about his last name said the man 'Noah'.
- He claims, Donald Trump will be re-elected in the year 2020 and the present year (2030) US president is IIana Remikee, global warming will have caused the temperature raise in North America.
- He also claims robotics technology have taken all over the world, Google robotics will spread across the globe and will be developed to the point they can run a home like humans independently. By 2021, Google Glass style device will be worn by everyone.
- Humans will reach Mars planet in 2028, Electronic cars is replaced with petrol and diesel cars, Bitcoin will continue to be popular, old currency models are still running, Most of the forms of cancer have been cured in the year 2030.
- He is currently 50 years old and now he had taken an age rejuvenation drug, which made him to look like a 25 year old man. He said i am stuck here, I cannot get back to my time.
- Self driving and driver less cars will improve drastically, Renewable energy will take off. After his first video interview he hided his location and attended his 2nd interview on phone call.
- Social Media users criticized him by saying, Lie detector tests do not say if things are true, only the person who made it, claims that they are true. No one have choice to know whether he is saying truth or not, except we will wait for his predictions to become true.
A VIRAL PHOTO OF 4 WOMEN PLAYING BOARD GAME IN MAKKAH AL HARAM MOSQUE
A photo of fully covered four women sitting and playing cards in Makkah Masjid Al Haram went viral on social media and triggered a wide range of comments. Trending : New speed limits on certain highways of Saudi Arabia
According to various local reports, These four women with unknown nationality were spotted palying board games in Masjid Al Haram on Friday around 11 PM near to King Abdul Aziz Gate. Recommend : Makkah to Madinah in 2 hours 10 minutes in Haramain train
- After spotting it, Authorities was alerted and the General Presidency's women section handled the situation by going to the women and requesting them to respect the sanctity of the holy mosque and stop the game, those women understood the situation and left.
- Muslims of all over the world have desire to live and get benefited with the few moments of the holy mosque Makkah Al Haram, they are eagerly waiting for their turn at least once in a life time. Related : Women arrested for posting improper content
- Social media users condemned the act of these 4 women and saying they should have respect the holy mosque. The holy mosque is for prayers, supplications and devotion and the visitors should ensure nothing else disturb it.
- While few social media users believe, it is similar to the use of smartphones in the holy mosque, It also should be stopped and concentrate on payers. Similar : No work for expats in gold shops
- One of the user of social media said smartphones should not be stopped from using, as it will help them for communicating with his family members or friends available in the mosque.
- The General Presidency of both Makkah Al Haram mosque and Madina Masjid Al Haram confirmed it had told the women not to play board game in the Holy mosques. Most Viewed : Saudi Tourist visas coming soon
- In the year 2015, A photo of youngsters playing cards inside Madinah Masjid Al Nabawi were spotted and the security authorities arrested them for the act.
COOKS, CASHIERS, TEACHERS REQUIRED WITH MASTER DEGREE POSTED ON SAUDI JOB PORTALS
Job advertisements in Saudi Arabia demands a post graduate or master degree for applying the jobs like cook, assistant cook, accountant, school teacher, hotel receptionist and grocery cashier as per the recent reports of media. Most Viewed : Chamber asks ministry to cancel expat levy fee on companies
According to Makkah Newspaper, They made a study of this trend by monitoring about 300 job advertisements on the national job portal "Taqat" of the Ministry of Labor and Social Development. Recommend : Staying in Saudi hotels is now 25 to 30% more expensive
- A post graduation required to the above mentioned jobs, Employers have to explain this why they need such big qualifications for this jobs. Ministry launched "Taqat" portal in order to ensure the seriousness of the job ads appearing on its national website.
- This kind of job positions not limited to only one city, but it was appearing all the provinces and cities of Saudi Arabia. A school posted an job ad, that they are requiring a teacher with master degree. Trending : Expats in trouble as Saudi reshaping its economy
- One of the restaurant in Qassim posted a job ad that, they are requiring 10 cooks who holds master degree in cooking. Ministry is about to verify the demanded qualifications from employers for these job positions, Ministry says irrational demands of employers will make Saudi job seekers disappointed in order to apply for these job positions.
- A job seeker must contact the employer who is demanding higher qualification for job and have to ensure his seriousness for getting the job, he should ask about the salary he get and the nature of his work, Company should pay reasonable salary as they are requiring high qualified worker. Similar : Restaurant jobs to limit for Saudi women
- Chairman of the Private Labor Market Committee at the Saudi Chamber Council said demanding high qualification for some jobs is nothing but the ignorance of the employer and lack of adequate knowledge how to use the portal.
NATIONAL ADDRESS MUST FOR BANK CUSTOMERS STARTING FROM 15th APRIL 2018
Banks of Saudi Arabia are requesting its customers (expats and citizens) to provide their National address details in order to compliance with the directive of Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA). Trending : Salary cards must for domestic workers
The National Address System in Saudi Arabia is a unified address that stores the data of the Geographic Information System (GIS). In the Arab world, National Address System was first introduced in the Kingdom.
- Various banks in Saudi Arabia are sending messages, emails to customers and asking to provide their location address to their banks or to update their profile online bank account page or at https://address.gov.sa/en/
- National Address System commonly allows you to enter your Building number, Street name, neighborhood, city , postal code, iqama number and phone number.
- Mobile phone numbers used in Absher services are also required to link with the National Address System. Most Viewed : Send money through enjaz online
- Its a government decision to apply National Address System on everyone in order to get a unified address format. It is must for all types of houses, flats and office addresses. It also helps security forces to reach faster in the crime area.
- This system will deliver your services very fast and with effective transparency, It also improves navigation capabilities to send emergency services in case of disasters and it expands economic opportunities in a digital era.
- Unified address system is currently using by Saudi Post and it covered 4.5 million locations from villages to cities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Similar : Maximum cash allowed to carry from Saudi Arabia airports
SAUDI ARABIA APPLIES NEW SPEED LIMIT OF 140 KPH ON SOME HIGHWAYS FROM 19 FEB 2018
The new speed limit of 140 kph for small vehicles on some express highways is going to effect from 19th Feb 2018 (Monday) in Saudi Arabia, according to the Saudi Press Agency( SPA) report.
The new speed limits are, 140 Kmph for cars, 100 kmph for buses and 80 kmph for trucks, Signboards of speed limits are attached on some highways of the Kingdom.
The new speed limit is applicable on the express ways of
- Riyadh to Taif road (Eastwards) and Taif to Riyadh (Westwards)
- Riyadh to Qassim road (Northwards) and Qassim to Riyadh (Southwards)
- Makkah to Madinah road (Northwards) and Madinah to Makkah (Southwards)
- Jeddah to Madinah (Northwards) and Madinah to Jeddah (Southwards)
- It is requested not to exceed the speed limit and strictly abide the instructions and signboards, The increase in speed limits does not mean you need to increase speed up to that limit, you can go on your normal speed but you should not exceed the allowed maximum limit.
1000 SAUDI WOMEN DRIVERS SIGN UP FOR CAREEM IN THE KINGDOM
More than Thousand Saudi women are registering to train with Careem ride hailing app in Saudi Arabia after the lifting of women's driving ban last year. Recommend : Careem referral code
Careem have millions of users in Saudi Arabia, Now this ride hailing app will train the prospective women drivers in the country. As the unemployment rate in the Kingdom is 12.8% last year and it is 80% for Saudi women. Read : Taxis to be in control in Saudi Arabia
- Careem co founder said, We are very excited about this year's June, As it is a big milestone for Saudi Arabia and we are training female drivers and hope to get nearly 100,000 female captains with in a year starting from June.
- Careem has already started its training for women, who have abroad driving licenses and available in Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Khobar. Trending : Airport pickups banned for Careem & Uber
- Careem is currently operating its services in 13 countries and the worth of the company is 1 Billion dollars. In Saudi Arabia Careem wishes to employ 100,000 Saudi women as part of its expansion in the market.
- Saudi Arabia does not have public transportation system, It created opportunities for Careem and Uber to expand in the Kingdom. Most Viewed : New penalties on traffic violations
- Saudi Arabia has permitted women to drive for the first time from June 2018 after the royal decree issued by Saudi Arabia's King Salman in September 2017.
COUNCIL, SMALL & MEDIUM COMPANIES SEEKS EXPAT LEVY TO BE SCRAPPED
Council of chamber of Saudi Arabia is about to meet with senior government officials in order to discuss about expat levy on companies (which started on January 1st, 2018), worrying it may result in closing of 40% of small and medium enterprises. Related : 6 months time to companies to pay expat levy
Members of the Council of Saudi Chambers has also called labor minister for meeting in order to ask about expat levy to be revoked, which is 300 to 400 Saudi Riyals monthly on each expat employee of the company. Similar : Staying in Saudi hotels will be expensive after municipal tax
- One of the local news reported, 2000 Small and Medium Companies were also planning to submit a petition and a lawsuit jointly to have this expat levy to be scrapped.
- As per the estimations of some businessmen, the new expat levy on small and medium companies may result in 30 to 40% of the SMEs to leave the market, because of the heavily increase in costs in this challenging period which is making economic growth slow down. The VAT of 5% already increases the cost of living in the Kingdom. Read : Work visas validity reduced to 1 year in Saudi Arabia
- Many companies are struggling to pay back the loans they have taken out before the new fee was introduced, The employers looks worried as they came to know the exemption is only to the companies with five or fewer employees.
- According to the estimations, Government of Saudi Arabia is expecting 6.3 Billion dollars fee from this year 2018, 11.73 Billion dollars in 2019 and 17.33 Billion dollars in 2020, As the levy fee continuously increase year wise, 300 to 400 Saudi Riyals in 2018, 500 to 600 Saudi Riyals in 2019 and 700 to 800 Saudi Riyals in 2020. See Also : Dependent & companion fees as per Jawazat systems
- Companies with 50% or more than 50% Saudi employees will pay the lesser amount compare to the companies with less than 50% of Saudi employees.
- In case of failing in the payment of levy, Labor ministry will block its services like issuing of residence visas, permits and licences. You May Like : No place for Engineers in Saudi Arabia with less than 5 years of experience
- Small and Medium Companies (SMEs) in the Kingdom to be considered to the companies with 1 to 249 employees and the turnover of 3 Million Saudi Riyals to 200 Million Saudi Riyals Annually.
- One of the member of Chamber in Abha said the expat levy fee should not be imposed on skilled expat employees as there are only sufficient Saudis to replace them. Recommend : No expat levy on government contractors
- It is not easy to Saudise jobs in the industrial sector with in a one day or two, So the sectors like industrial and others should not consider while implementing Saudization program on it.
SAUDI HOTELS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF NEW MUNICIPAL TAX
The prices of staying in Hotels, furnished apartments and commercial residence of Saudi Arabia are more expensive now after the introduction of new Municipal tax in the Kingdom. New : Makkah to Madinah train
The new municipal tax on hotels is different from the available Value Added Tax (VAT) of 5% (introduced from 1st January 2018) and the existing service tax.
- As per the various sources guests and travelers, from now will pay 25 to 30 percent more compare to earlier cost for each hotel room. Recommend : Penalties and fines on expiry iqamas
- The new municipal tax is 5% on each occupied room and for the hotels with 3 stars and below three stars the levy will be reduced to 2.5% and it is already applied from this week.
- The amount of tax must be deposited to the ministry account each month by following a new account system and procedure. Various hotels are displaying it already and notifying the customers about the new municipal tax. Related : 6 months time to companies to pay expat levy
- The tax on hotels came after 2 to 3 years of difficulty in the Saudi hotel industry, Which has been hit by new supply and reduced corportate bookings linked to the weaker economy.
- As per the research firm STR preliminary data, There is a dip of 2.4% in average daily rate in Jeddah on January with 732.33 Saudi Riyals and a dip of 2.1% in revenue in available room to 370.33 Saudi Riyals. Similar : Car rental outlets jobs only for Saudis
- Occupancy rate in the hotels is from 0.3 per cent to 50.6 per cent. Hotels and commercial residential facilities will have to register in the ministry which will provide them a unique number in order to access to their accounts in the ministry.
130 MINUTES OF TIME TO TRAVEL FROM MAKKAH TO MADINAH IN TRAIN
Saudi Arabia's Haramain High speed railway train will take passengers and pilgrims from Makkah to Madinah via Jeddah and Rabigh in just 2 hours and 10 minutes. Recommend : Madina to Makkah distance
Haramain train takes 21 minutes to travel between Makkah and Jeddah, 14 minutes to travel between Jeddah and King Abdulaziz International Airport, 36 minutes to travel between Airport and Rabigh and 1 hour to travel between Rabigh and Madinah, So total travel time between Makkah and Madinah will be 130 minutes approximately. Related : Speed limit to increase to 140 Km on Makkah-Jeddah road
- Every hour there will be a train between Makkah and Madinah, The speed of the train will be 300km per hour, As per the seasons of normal and crowd Haramain railway will operate 12 trains.
- There will be 7 trains between Makkah and Jeddah in a hour and in a gap of 10 minutes. Similar : Train between Riyadh and Hail
- 35 electric trains have been reached, Each train will have 13 boxes and 2 control chambers with a capacity of 417 passengers.
- 60 Billion Saudi Riyals have been spent on the Haramain High Speed Railway project, It will create more than 2000 jobs for women and men. See Also : Largest Umbrella project for Makkah
ORDER FOR QUICK RESOLUTION TO DELAYED PAYMENTS OF PRIVATE SECTOR
Saudi Arabia has ordered to make a complete list of all delayed payments to the private sector companies in the Kingdom, reported Saudi Press Agency (SPA) citing a royal decree.
The order also recommended to establish a committee headed by the Minister of trade and investment for gathering data on delay payments to the contractors of private sector.
- The decree will introduce a quick resolution of outstanding payments.
- The committee will look into the reasons for the cause of payment delays and will come up with solutions for speedy repayment for them.
YOUNG WOMAN ARRESTED FOR POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Authorities of Saudi Arabia have arrested a young woman in Jeddah city for posting several pictures and videos of alcohol and por-nographic material in her social media account. See Also : Restaurant workers arrested
While monitoring social media in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Authorities spotted an social media account that posted many videos and pictures that clashed the values of Islam and public morals, said Makkah police spokesperson. Similar : Thousands of expatriates arrested
- After investigating, It is revealed that the account is related to a young woman, who is in her 20's. Police immediately arrested the woman and she clarified the account is on her name 'Lumia'.
- The case is forwarded to public prosecution for further investigation and strict action. As per one of the local news paper the woman is living with her family and she is not aware of any posts with her account. Recommend : Expat caught for leaving Saudi with company money
- Many online social media users in Saudi Arabia, outraged for her immoral defiance and reported to the authorities for taking action against her.
- According to Saudi Law, If the woman faces charges of immorality, she will lead to prison for 5 years and a fine up to 3 million Saudi Riyals or any one from both. You May Like : Public Prosecution order on social media harmful users
PENALTIES ON EMPLOYERS FOR NOT RENEWING IQAMAS ON TIME
As per the announcement of Jawazat in Saudi Arabia, Iqamas (Residence permits) of expatriates should renew on time, before its expiry date, otherwise sponsors or employers will face heavy penalties. Recommend : How to check iqama expiry date in Saudi Arabia
The Directorate General of Passports (Jawazat) has given 3 days of grace period from the date of expiry, to those who failed to renew their iqama (residence permit). Its an employer or sponsor responsibility to renew iqama of his employee on time. Related : Muqeem iqama status
- If the employer failed to renew iqama of his employee even after 3 days of grace period, A penalty of 500 Saudi Riyals will be imposed on him.
- The penalty will be doubled to 1000 Saudi Riyals on the employer, If the violation (not renewing iqama on time) is repeated for the second time. Read : Ministry of Labour iqama fees
- If the violation of not renewing iqama on time is repeated for the third time, Then the expatriate will be deported from Saudi Arabia and the employer will be fined 1000 Saudi Riyals.
- The reason for penalties is to ensure the employer renew iqama of his expat employee on time and to protect the rights of the labor, which will help in regulating the labor market properly. Similar : Iqama red