- Back to Home »
- CCHI , EXPATS NEWS , MEDICAL INSURANCE , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS »
- Health Insurance Policy holders to avail new Updated benefits from 1st October
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, September 19, 2022
Health Insurance Policy holders to avail new Updated benefits from 1st October
Starting from 1st October 2022, The Health Insurance Council in Saudi Arabia will provide 18 new benefits with 10 improvements in the existing health insurance policy benefits, as part of efforts to achieve the objectives of the Council's vision to be a global leader in prevention and enhance the quality and efficiency of health services provided to beneficiaries. Subscribe to Saudi Expatriates on YouTube
According to the spokesperson of the Health Insurance Council, Nasser Al-Juhani said that the maximum coverage of mental health has been raised to 50,000 riyals from 15,000 for acute and chronic psychiatric cases, and the value of hemodialysis coverage has also been raised. Read : Medical Insurance includes treatment of disability cases by up to 100,000 riyals
- Al-Juhani added that a number of updated benefits have been added existing trial preventive tests and vaccinations, beside from focusing on women's health, obesity operations and kidney transplantation.
- The updated health insurance policy aims to document 7 main objectives, they are
1. Boosting the prevention of disease for beneficiaries.
2. Promoting Health.
3. Reducing complications of disease.
4. Improving the capacity of functions of beneficiaries.
5. Facilitating the access of the beneficiary group to the service.
6. Empowering beneficiaries. Recommend : Government departments are not obligate to insure their workers
7. Enhancing service quality and efficiency.
- Al-Juhani highlighted that the holders of private health insurance policy that is issued or renewed with validity on 1st October and beyond can avail of these benefits, stating that these updates are the tireless efforts to contribute to enhancing health of beneficiaries and enhancing the quality and efficiency of health services provided.
- He added that the launch of the benefits package, updated insurance coverage limits and the insurance drug guide are among the steps aimed at achieving the objectives of the Council's vision and allowing beneficiaries to obtain their full rights of care and prevention with the highest levels of quality and efficiency. See Also : Check Umrah insurance validity online