- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI BANKS & REMITTANCES , SAUDI CENTRAL BANK , SAUDI NEWS »
- Saudi Central Bank warns against Sharing data with anyone that promotes Forex
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Friday, May 13, 2022
Saudi Central Bank warns against Sharing data with anyone that promotes Forex, exposing you and your money to Fraud
The Saudi Central Bank (SAMA) warned all from sharing their personal or bank data with the parties that promote forex, as it may expose you and your money to fraud. Join Saudi Expatriates channel on imo
The Saudi Central Bank through its official Twitter account issued an alert stating, "Your data belongs to you, beware it, sharing your information and bank data with the parties that promote unlicensed forex exposes you and your money to fraud".
- The Central Bank of Saudi Arabia had warned against dealing with unlicensed forex activities, considering that unlicensed forex activity is full of several risks, highlighting that these activities are not subject to regulatory and supervisory authorities to protect investments. See Also : New measures to prevent frauds to protect customer bank accounts
- Earlier this, the Saudi Central Bank authorities warned against sharing the OTP or verification code sent by financial authority on your mobile number with anyone, as this is one of the main reason bank accounts and money are exposed to theft.
- The authority also warned of opening any fraud links reaches to you email or message, no matter how convincing it seems. Open the website you want through browser to avoid financial fraud through malicious links.
- The Saudi Central Bank has clarified that the method of financial fraud by forging contact numbers, they are doing it using a dedicated software to hide the original caller number. The software hides real caller number and change it to another number and contact individuals to request checking their account and card data for banking or financial fraud. Recommend : Receiving amounts of money in account from unknown person exposes you to accountability
- The authority added that there is no point for public authorities or financial institutions to require you to disclose your bank card or account details. Do not respond or disclose the date of your bank account and card as these are confidential and private to you.