- Back to Home »
- CITC , EXPATS NEWS , MOBILY , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , STC , TELECOM UPDATES , ZAIN »
- CITC launches Local Roaming Service in villages and regions of Riyadh and Al Qassim
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, September 16, 2021
CITC launches Local Roaming Service in villages and regions of Riyadh and Al Qassim
The Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) in Saudi Arabia launched the second phase of the local roaming service, after completion of its first phase in Asir region's villages and deserts. Join Saudi Expatraites on Whatsapp Group
The CITC revealed that the second phase of the local roaming service has started covering Riyadh region's 2,315 villages and 572 villages of Al Qassim region, a total of 2,887 villages in both regions.
- The CITC confirmed that it is scheduled to complete the implementation of the local roaming service in more than 21,000 villages in the rest of regions of Saudi Arabia by the end of the year 2021. Similar : CITC launches Local Roaming Service in Villages and Deserts
- Local Roaming service allows users to change the network to another service provider in the event that the main service provider network is not covered in the specific area, without any additional fees to the user, the service includes all voice, internet and SMS services.
- Earlier in August, CITC launched a signing of a commercial agreement between STC, Mobily and Zain for the launch of local roaming services in Saudi Arabia. See Also : Saudi Arabia's 53 governorates has 5G services