Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, August 3, 2020
Electronic Payment service must at Restaurants and Cafes of Saudi Arabia
Electronic payment methods are must now in all cafes and restaurants of Saudi Arabia in order to reduce the cash circulation and to rely the customers on contactless payments. Trending : Corona virus infections continues to decline in Saudi Arabia
This came in line with the initiative launched by the National Programme to combat the Tasattur (Commercial Cover up), The decision came into force fro 29th July 2020 reports Saudi Press Agency.
- The program is now in its 5th phase to encourage outlets to provide electronic payment methods, In this phase it has covered about 50 commercial activities and accounting for 70% of the retail sector. Recommend : Kuwait bans international flights to 31 countries
- The other activities must adopt electronic payments by 25th August, The decision is being implemented with the help of Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Rural Affairs and the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA).
- In the first Phase, It covered gas stations and in the 2nd phase, it applied on workshops and stores for auto parts. In the 3rd phase the decision covers personal services like laundry, men's and women's salons, while in the 4th phase it covered groceries and supply stores.
- The Ministry of Commerce said it will monitor all outlets to ensure the availability of electronic payment services, in cases of refusing to provide, they will be applicable for maximum legal penalties as they are non compliant establishment. See Also : 18 million corona virus cases worldwide
- The initiative follows recommendations approved by the authorities to combat activities like under invoicing. The aim of drive is to become Saudi Arabia as a cashless society.