Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, July 20, 2020
6 types of Corona Virus, With different Symptoms, reveals Study
According to the UK based scientists study on Covid-19, There are 6 types of novel Corona virus, each type with a particular group of symptoms. Trending : Saudi Aramco to transfer free bonus shares to investors
The Researchers analyzed the data collected by a Corona virus Symptom study app used by around 4 million people in UK that allows people to mention their symptoms of Corona virus.
- The data revealed that people infected with corona virus reported additional symptoms on top of the previously said cough, fever and loss of smell. Recommend : Hajj pilgrims to isolate themselves for 7 days
- All the symptoms grouped into 5 distinct groups, as per the statement published by Corona virus symptoms study after researchers on the project with analyzed the results.
The list of 6 groups or types of Corona Virus are :
1. Flu-like with No Fever : Headache, Muscle pains, loss of smell, sore throat, cough, chest pain.
2. Flu-like with Fever : Headache, loss of smell, sore throat, cough, hoarseness, loss of appetite, fever.
3. Gastrointestinal : Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, sore throat, chest pain, diarrhea.
4. Severe level 1, Fatigue : Headache, loss of smell, cough, chest pain, fever, hoarseness, fatigue.
5. Severe level 2, Confusion : Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, sore throat, chest pain, fever, hoarseness, fatigue, muscle pain, confusion.
6. Severe level 3, Abdominal and Respiratory : Headache, Loss of Smell, Loss of Appetite, Cough, Sore throat, Chest Pain, Fever, Hoarseness, Fatigue, Muscle Pain, Confusion, Diarrhea, Shortness of Breath, Abdominal pain.
Corona virus Flu symptoms unlikely to require hospitalization :
The researchers reveal that, some types are prevalent than others and some types more strongly correlated with hospitalization of the patient.
- Those whose symptoms were mainly flu-like or gastrointestinal were less likely to require hospitalization. People with first 3 groups were found to be much less likely to require breathing support. See Also : Check if a person has any legal case in Saudi Arabia
- However, people in group 4, 5 and 6 were more likely to require breathing support. Almost 20% of group 6 patients require breathing support.
- Patients in 6th type group were the most at risk, with nearly half ending up in hospital, compared to just 16% in group 1.
Old people Experience more Severe symptoms :
The study also revealed differences in symptoms based on age and pre-existing conditions.
- People in group 4, 5 and 6 were also older, likely had pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, lung disease or overweight compare to first 3 groups.
- If you can predict who these people are at day 5, you have time to give them support and early interventions such as monitoring blood oxygen and sugar levels and ensuring they are properly hydrated simple care that could be given at home, preventing hospitalizations and saving lives. Read : The commitment of people has contributed to decline in corona cases in Saudi Arabia
- Using the above groups hospitals can better predict which patients are likely to require support sooner and lead to greater health outcomes, the researchers stated.