Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sunday, June 14, 2020
Saudi Arabia may Cancel Hajj this Year, If Canceled it is First time since the Establishment of Kingdom in 1932
Authorities in Saudi Arabia is planning to cancel the Hajj season for the first time since the establishment of the Kingdom in 1932, As Corona virus cases exceeded 127,500, As per the various sources, a decision is about to take it within a week. Trending : Few interesting facts about Hajj
The case has been carefully studied and various scenarios are being considered said a senior official in the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah told to the Financial Times as per the Gulf news.
- Religious pilgrims were one of the biggest source of income for Saudi Arabia and the Kingdom's rulers to decide soon whether to suspend the Hajj for the year 2020 (1441) due to Corona virus pandemic. Recommend : Malaysia cancels Hajj pilgrimage this year for its citizens
- The Hajj pilgrimage is scheduled to be performed from July 28 to August 2, It is one of the largest religious gatherings in the world with more than 2 million pilgrims visiting Saudi Arabia to perform the Islamic rituals, As the Hajj is considered as one of the 5 pillars of Islam.
- Saudi Authorities to limit the spread of Covid-19 suggest that the world's largest annual religious pilgrimage is unlikely to be held as normal like other years reports Zawya news.
- Earlier, Saudi Arabia has asked countries to put on hold their Hajj plans and suspended the Umrah pilgrimage. It is possible Saudi Arabia could grant permission for only symbolic numbers this year, with restrictions such as ban on the elderly and extra health check ups. See Also : History of Gold Silver doors of Holy Kaaba
- Due to international travel restrictions, many would-be Hajis probably would not be able to attend, it would likely be more of a domestic affair, which might be something more powerful for Saudi Arabia said Gulf Analytics senior advisor.
- Indian Hajj committee announced, 'There is little chance for Hajj 1441 taking place', Those who applied for Hajj this year will be fully refunded, About 200,000 pilgrims travel for Hajj from India to Saudi Arabia every year. Read : Indonesia cancels Hajj pilgrimage this year to its citizens due to Corona virus
- Indonesia the world's largest Muslim population country has cancelled Hajj this year for its citizens due to corona virus, Every year about 220,000 pilgrims travel from Indonesia to Saudi Arabia for Hajj.