Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, June 25, 2020
Hefty penalties and 10 Years Jail term for Pharmaceutical Fraud
Saudi Arabia has toughened the penalties on those who frauds pharmaceutical and herbal products, the offenders has to pay a hefty fine with a maximum 10 years of jail term as per the local newspaper Al Madina. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia unearths 24 articrafts in Makkah while digging for smart parking project
The Supreme directives have been issued to enforce the tougher penalties against those who involved impuring the quality of pharmaceutical or herbal preparation or selling fake or rotten products.
- These offences are punishable in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by a fine of up to 1 million riyals with at least 10 years of imprisonment. Trending : Six conditions for issuing final exit visa through Absher
- The aim of the tougher penalties is discourage fraud attempts or marketing rotten products or pharmaceutical and herbal preparations.
- As per the new system, the pharmaceutical are defined as any new product that is pharmacologically manufactured and contains one or more substances used explicitly or not in treating humans or preventing diseases.
- The violations includes bringing products into Saudi Arabia that is not registered or found fake or expired. See Also : Three penalties for not renewing iqama on time in Saudi Arabia
- Penalties starts with a fine of 5 million Saudi riyals, a 6 month closure of the violating pharmacy and license revocation.