Posted by : Aahil Shaik Monday, June 8, 2020
6.48 Million are Expatriates of Total 8.44 Workers in Saudi Arabia
The number of expatriate workers in Saudi Arabia's private and public sector companies has reached to 6.48 million from the total 8.44 million workers in the fourth quarter of the year 2019 as per the report of Short-Term Business. Trending : Corona virus cases crossed 7 million infections worldwide
According to the General Authority of Statistics report, The number of Saudi citizens in private and public sector of the Kingdom has reached 1.95 million workers out of total 8.44 million.
- Expats represents 76.8% of the total while Saudi nationals represent 23.2% of the total workers of the country. Recommend : Saudi Arabia crossed 100,000 Corona virus infections
- The majority of the workers are in private sector companies with a percentage of 96.5% reaching 8.14 million workers, while in the government or public sectors the workers are 298,300 both citizens and expats making a total percentage to 3.5%.
- The figures includes all Saudi nationals and non-Saudi individuals, Who are currently working whether it is with pay or without pay, It also includes partners and members of joint stock companies, chairmen of boards of directors and members of boards of directors. See Also : Ministry of Health in Saudi assigns clinics to receive patients with symptoms of Corona
- It also covered workers, who are on paid vacations, As per the recent statistics report, The number of private and public sector companies reached 1.01 million by the end of the fourth quarter of the year 2019.
- In which 47% companies operating wholesale and retail trade with about 472,500 establishments, The average monthly compensation paid to workers is 3773 SR in the 4th quarter of the year 2019, which has decreased by 1.5% compare to the year 2018 as it was 3,832 SR.
- The employee compensations includes all dues paid to workers like salaries, benefits and allowances as per the General Authority of Statistics.