Posted by : Aahil Shaik Friday, May 29, 2020
Ministry of Interior clarified Mechanism of Lifting Partial Curfew in Makkah in 2 Phases
The Ministry of Interior revealed the precautionary measures that will be implemented in the holy city of Makkah, pointing out that life will gradually return in two phases.
The first phase begins from Sunday, 31st May (8th Shawwal 1441) and the second phase begins from 21st June (29th Shawwal 1441).
First Phase (From 31st May) :
- Lifting Curfew partially from 6 AM in the morning to 3 PM in the evening.
- Allowing Entry and Exit from Makkah
- Continued of precautionary measures with isolation in isolated neighborhoods.
- Continuation of all activities excluded from previous decisions.
- Practice of walking within the neighborhoods to be permitted through out the day.
- Prayers and Friday prayers will be held in the Holy Mosques without worshipers, In accordance with procedures currently in place.
Second Phase (From 21st June ) :
- Lifting Curfew partially from 6 AM in the morning to 8 PM in the evening.
- Mosques in Makkah city will hold prayers including Friday prayer with precautionary and preventive measures.
- Practice of Walking within the neighborhoods to continue through out the day.
- Continued of precautionary measures with isolation in isolate neighborhoods.
- Some economic and commercial activities will resume in addition to previously excluded activities including indoors orders in restaurants and cafes.
- Activities that do not ensure physical distance will continue to be prohibited including beauty salons, barber shops, sports and health clubs, recreational centers and other activities as determined by competent authorities
- Social distancing procedures to continue in public places at all times, gatherings for social purposes including wedding occasion and funeral councils for more than 50 people will be prevented.