Posted by : Aahil Shaik May 2, 2019
SAUDI ARABIA IS SET TO INTRODUCE ALTERNATIVE PUNISHMENTS FOR PRISONERS
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's Judiciary is studying plans to introduce alternative punishments, including social work for people convicted of small crimes instead of making them serve time in jail. See Also : Surprising health benefits of fasting in Ramadan
Convicts sentenced to alternative punishments will have to wear e bracelets, so that jail authorities can follow up their movements and know their whereabouts said an official from Judiciary Department of Saudi Arabia. Recommend : Crocodile seen strolling on the streets of Riyadh
- The Director General of Prisons confirmed that the plan could be applied soon to the prisoners convicted in small offences and technology to play a major role to monitor them round the clock.
- The draft law of alternative punishments has been forwarded to the committee of experts, which is working with Saudi Cabinet, to be examine carefully as per the local media news report. See Also : Saudi government sector to work for 5 hours during Ramadan
- The application of alternative punishments is going to benefit the individual, society and country at large amount said Former Chief of the Executive Court in Jeddah.
- The alternative punishment will also allow prisoners to go out on parole to spend the Eid holidays with their families or to attend social functions including weddings and funerals. Most Viewed : Haramain train to operate more than 10 trips during Ramadan
- The main worthy of alternative punishments are those who imprisoned for failing to honor financial commitments. The initiative got support from the Ministries of Interior, Labor and Social Development, Justice and the Public Prosecution.