Posted by : Aahil Shaik May 6, 2019
SAUDI ARABIA IS THE TOP DESTINATION TO WORK FOR OVERSEAS FILIPINO WORKERS
Saudi Arabia is the top destination for OFWs (Overseas Filipino Workers) during the 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2018 as per the recent statistics issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). Trending : Philippines is 69th happiest country in the world
The United Arab Emirates emerged as the second biggest destination with 15.7% of OFWs working in the UAE, Hong Kong on 3rd position, Kuwait on 4th, Taiwan on 5th and Qatar on 6th position with 5.2% of OFWs as per the survey of popular destinations for Overseas Filipino Workers. Recommend : You cannot imagine world without Filipinos
- 24.3% of OFWs worked in Saudi Arabia, which remained the top destination for Filipinos during the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the year 2018.
- Overall Filipino Workers who worked abroad during the time period of April to September 2018 was estimated at 2.3 million. You May Also Like : OFWs can now travel to 63 countries without visa
- About 96.2% of the existing workers work on contract while the remaining 3.8% working overseas without a contract.
- The remittance sent by OFWs to home country between April to September 2018 was estimated at 235.9 billion pesos, this includes cash brought to home and remittances. See Also : A Filipino expat won 200,000 Saudi riyals
- The report also revealed that 55.8% are female OFWs and they are younger than male OFWs between the age group of 25 to 34 years.
- Unskilled workers or elementary occupations are accounted the largest in the figures with 37.1%, followed by service and sales workers with 18.8% and the plant and machine operators and assemblers with 13.8%. Read : Filipinos stopped from taking final exit from Saudi Arabia