- Back to Home »
- Places on Earth where the Sun never sets
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Saturday, May 18, 2019
Places on Earth where there is no Darkness and the Sun never sets
Most of us are very comfortable with 12 hours day and 12 hours night due to the rotation of the earth around sun, but there are few places where sun never sets and there will be sunlight for all 24 hours without a break. Similar : World's longest and shortest fasting hours places for Ramadan
LIST OF SOME PLACES WHERE SUN NEVER SETS :
1. NORWAY : Norway is known for the land of midnight sun, because of high altitude, however there are seasonal variations in daylight because of the period of refracted sunlight is long. Recommend : Saudi Arabia to host G20 Summit for the first time in November 2020
2. FINLAND : In most of the parts of the Finland, the sun shines for straight 73 hours during summer and there will be no sunlight during winters. The midnight sun shines above the Arctic circle, however here the sun briefly dips beyond the horizon and then rises again, which makes the blurring of the boundary between dying night and dawning day.
3. SWEDEN : Every year there is constant sunshine lasts for up to 6 months in a year, From early May to late August, The sun sets around midnight and rises again at nearly four in the morning. See Also : Check Umrah visa status and applicable fee on specific passport
4. ALASKA : Alaska is south of the Arctic Circle, where the sun sets around 12:30 AM in the summer solstice, The sun doesn't set in Alaska from late May to late July.
5. ICELAND : The sun never fully sets and travels horizontally across this horizon throughout the night, Europe's 2nd largest island sees no dark from May till July as the sun is above horizon all the time. During Arctic Summer, Sun sets at midnight and then again rises at 3 AM in the morning. Most Viewed : Saudi Arabia is the 3rd happiest country in the Middle East & Northern Africa
6. CANADA : Canada is the 2nd largest country which sees continuous sunlight for nearly 50 days in summer, in some places like Inuvik and the Northwest territories. The country is covered in snow around the year.