Posted by : Aahil Shaik Apr 11, 2019
SALARY DELAYS, IQAMA EXPIRED HITS FEW EXPATS IN SAUDI ARABIA
About 3.5 million expatriate workers work in the construction sector of Saudi Arabia, most of the labor workers are from Asian countries they are now living in extremely difficult conditions at several labor camps of the Kingdom. Trending : Saudi Arabia launches Gold Card to attract global talent
Construction sector is the largest employer of foreign labors in Saudi Arabia, Workers in this sector are stuck now as their employers did not paid them their salaries for months and most of the persons iqama expired already few months ago. Recommend : 3 expats arrested for robbing a Sudani
- Without getting a monthly salary, life is horrible in Saudi Arabia, Finding money to buy food is difficult, Authorities can arrest these labors anytime as their iqamas already expired without any fault from them, they became violators.
- Few companies blame their clients as they had unpaid bills, while few blame the ongoing slowdown in the market where construction sector feeling the squeeze, most business firms are adopting cost cutting measures. See Also : Working hours in Ramadan as per Saudi Labor Law
- One of the expat labor told he is not even able to give a missed call to anyone as there is no credit in his mobile. They are sick but they could not go to hospital as their health insurance expired.
- Many of them did not get their salaries for months and few for nearly a year, still they are waiting for a hope. Some people want to return home but were unable to go as they do not have money and legal permit to go. Most Viewed : Do's and Dont's in Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
- Few are waiting for a news about their salary and end of service benefits, Many people went to their diplomatic missions to collect their dues and transfer them to their account back in home country, but they did not get any response from months.
- In one case 2 stranded workers died while returning home reported local news Saudi Gazette. See Also : 4 Days holiday for each eid for private sector
- This situation of delaying salary is not only with construction sector, It also affected few companies of health, IT, telecommunication and mechanical engineering sectors.