Posted by : Aahil Shaik Jan 13, 2019
SAUDI ARABIA'S OFFICIAL PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2019
Generally, Saudi Arabia do not have too much holidays for its workers or employees as official public holidays except on 3 occasions, which are Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha and Saudi National Day. Related : Things to do before Eid
Official Public Holiday in Saudi Arabia for the year 2019 (1440-1441) :
1. Eid Al Fitr (4 Days) : 4th June (Tuesday) to 7th June 2019 (Friday)
- Eid Al Fitr is one of the main festival of Muslims which is celebrated around the world to mark the end of the Ramadan (A month of fasting).
- Most of the private companies gives 4 days holidays for Eid Al Fitr, Some companies may give whole week (7 days) holiday including weekends of Friday and Saturday. While few sales companies give only 1 day on Eid day. Government employees will get around 10 to 15 days holidays.
2. Eid Al Adha (4 Days) : 10th August (Saturday) to 13th August 2019 (Tuesday)
- Eid Al Adha is the second main festival for Muslims which is celbrated by sacrificing and it marks the end of the Hajj the annual pilgrimage to Makkah.
- Some private companies gives 4 days holidays for Eid Al Adha, while few may give whole one week (7 days) holiday including weekends of Friday and Saturday. While few sales companies give only 1 day on Eid day. Government workers will get around 10 to 15 days holidays.
3. Saudi National Day : 23 September 2019
- Saudi National Day is a celebration of unification of the country as Kingdom.