Posted by : Aahil Shaik Sep 9, 2018
COUNTDOWN BEGINS FOR HARAMAIN TRAIN SERVICE BETWEEN JEDDAH, MAKKAH & MADINAH CITIES
Countdown begins for the commercial operation of the Haramain train service, which links Mecca and Madinah via Jeddah and Rabigh, as it is going to start by the end of this month as per officials announcement.
Transport Minister of Saudi Arabia inspected the preparedness of the Haramain High Speed Train between the stations of Makkah and Jeddah. Accompanied by Public Transport Authority Chief and Saudi Railway Company CEO.
- He made an inspection tour of the Jeddah Railway Station in Sulaimaniyah and Makkah Railway Station in Rusaifa and traveled on board the train between the two cities Mecca and Jeddah.
- The other officials checked the equipment and preparation in all the connected stations to ensure the implementation of the "highest standards of quality in the efficiency of operation, maintenance and control".
- Jeddah's station is one of the main stations, It features a VIP lounge, a mosque with a capacity of 600 worshipers, a civil defense center, a helicopter pad and 6000 parking lots with short and long term parking spaces.
- Makkah's station consists of VIP lounges, a mosque for 600 worshipers, a civil defence center, a helipad and a space 5000 parking lots.
- Haramain train completed its trail runs between the lines by offering free tickets to the Saudi nationals earlier this year.