- Back to Home »
- HARAMAIN TRAIN BETWEEN MAKKAH & MADINA
HARAMAIN HIGH SPEED TRAIN BETWEEN MAKKAH & MADINA VIA JEDDAH
Haramain train will connect the holy cities Makkah and Madina (500 Km) via Jeddah Airport and King Abdullah Economic City in Rabigh. This high speed electrified train recently completed its trail run between Jeddah and Madina at a speed of 300 kilometers per hour. Recommend : Refund or Update the booked train tickets online
The estimation cost of the Haramain train is 62 billion Saudi Riyals, As per the expectation, it will serve 60 million passengers annually via 35 trains on double line and it will be operational by the end of 2017 or the beginning of the 2018 as a part of vision 2030. Related : New train between Riyadh and Al Qassim
HARAMAIN TRAIN HAS 5 STATIONS :
- Makkah Central Station is near the 3rd Ring Road at south.
- Jeddah Central Station is located on the Haramain Road.
- King Abdulaziz International Airport station will be a last station.
- Madina city has only one passenger station at the north end of the line.
- One station is in King Abdullah Economic city in Rabigh. Similar : Trains between Dammam & Riyadh
HARAMAIN TRAIN PROJECT :
- The Haramain High speed train will be travel at a speed of 360 kilometers per hour.
- The time travel of this train between the Mecca and Madina will be 2 hours and 30 minutes, Mecca to Jeddah will be 21 minutes, Jeddah to King Abdulaziz Airport will be 14 minutes, Airport to Rabigh in 36 minutes and Rabigh to Madina will be 1 hour.
- Haramain high speed electrified train is designed to provide a fast, comfortable, reliable and safe mode of transport. See Also : SAPTCO bus services
- The 450km electric track trains will be equipped with latest signaling and communications system.