- Back to Home »
- EXPATS NEWS , HAJJ UPDATES , SAUDI ARABIA , SAUDI NEWS , UMRAH UPDATES »
- A Simple Guide of Hajj Pilgrimage for Muslims
Posted by : Aahil Shaik Thursday, July 30, 2020
A Simple Guide to Annual Hajj Pilgrimage
Every year, Millions of Muslims from all over the world will arrive in Makkah to witness and to perform the Hajj, which begins on Dhu Al Hijjah month, this year is restricted to limited pilgrims, due to the restrictions of Corona virus.
Hajj is the 5th pillar of Islam, So it is a mandatory duty for Muslims at least once in a lifetime, if they have physical and financial ability.
- The first day of Hajj is 8th Dhu-Al-Hijjah, The holy journey requires the pilgrim to perform 10 rituals before and during Hajj. Recommend : Kiswah - Kaaba's black cloth
Ihram : Entering in the state of Ihram, A pilgrim has to recite an intention to perform Hajj called the Talabiya. It starts from the Miqat or a place that is outside the pilgrimage area.
- Men wear unstitched white garments, while women wear normal stitched clothes and a headscarf. Women are forbidden however from wearing the burqa or niqab.
Tawaf : Once arrived in Makkah, Pilgrims should make Tawaf or cirumambulation, seven time around the Kaaba. It is part of the Hajj pilgrimage, It should be perform in beginning and at the end of Hajj. The rotations are marked by Hajar Al Aswad the black stone of the Kaaba.
Sa'ey : After Tawaf, Pilgrims to travel the between the hills of Safa and Marwah for 7 times, which is Sa'ey.
Mina : Pilgrims will proceed to the tent city of Mina on the 1st day of Hajj, which is Tarwiah. Pilgrims will gather in Mina for prayer, which is 8Km away from Makkah. Pilgrims to remain in the tent city untill the sunrise of the 2nd day of Hajj, where they leave to Arafat.
- Pilgrims will return to Mina on the 3rd day of Hajj to perform the stonic of the devil, which is 6th rite of Hajj.
Arafat : After their dawn prayers in Mina, Pilgrims to start their journey to the desert planes of Arafat. It is most important day of Hajj. They spend the day of Arafat in vicinity of the mountain, praying and repenting till sunset, after which pilgrims will move to Muzdalifah.
Ramy Al Jamarat : The stoning of the devil, where pilgrim fling stones at 3 walls in the city of Mina, The stoning marks the 3rd of Hajj or Eid Al Adha. See Also : Smart devices to track Hajj violators
Eid Al Adha : On the day of Eid Al Adha or the Feast of Sacrifice, Is celebrated by Muslims who are not on pilgrimage by slaughtering animals to mark Prophet Ibrahim's willingness to sacrifice his son Ismail upon the command of Allah.
Hajj pilgrims spend the 3 days of Eid stoning pillars that represent the devil. Later they purchase tokens to have a sheep slaughtered in the Makkah neighborhood of Mina.