CHANGE OF KABA KISWAH IN MAKKAH
The black covering cloth of Kaaba named "KISWAH" will change every year on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah, On the day of Arafat just after the Fajar prayer the work of changing Kiswah will start and continues till Asar prayer.
Kaaba Kiswah is made up of pure silk and the decoration of the Quran verses is done with gold and silver threads. It is manufactured in Kiswa factory at Umm Al Joud in the region of Makkah.
- The new Kiswah cloth is ready 2 months before every Hajj. It costs about 20 million Saudi Riyals. Recommended : How to get Hajj Permit print
- Changing of Kiswah will be done in a unique way, The new kiswa will hung over the old from the top before the latter is removed from underneath. You May Also Like : Saudi Transit Visa
- Kiswa consumes about 700 kilograms of pure silk and 120 kilograms of golden and silver threads. Read Also : Hajj permit for Saudi residents
- The fixed copper rings on the ground is helpful to wrapped up the Kiswa around the kaaba.
- Kaba Kiswah consists 47 pieces of black cloth, Each piece of cloth is with a height of 14 meters and a wide of 101cm. Similar : Umrah packages Riyadh to Makkah
- About 240 people are working in the various departments of Kiswah factory, It has largest tailoring machine of the world with a length of 16 meters.
- The Artisans of Kiswa factory are listed under National register of artisans and craftsmen by Bari (National Handicraft Program). Related : Performing Umrah with Family Visit Visa
- The Kaba kiswah will be changed every year on the last month of Hijri calendar that is Zil Hijjah (Dhul Hijjah) under the supervision of the Presidency (Sheikh Abdulrahman Al-Sudias) and the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (King Salman).