Feb 10, 2018
HOLIDAYS IN SAUDI ARABIA FOR 2018 (1439-1440)
As Saudi is a pure Islamic country, Expatriates living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia should not expect more holidays. Only Muslim festivals and a National Day are expected holidays every year here. Muslims have only two main festivals Eid-Al-Fitr and Eid-Al-Adha. Recommend : Sin Tax to be apply soon in KSA
Public holidays in Saudi Arabia for the year 2018 for both government or private sectors:
- Government sectors or public sectors will have 15 to 20 days holidays on each eid i.e,. Eid-Ul-Fitr and Eid-Ul-Adha.
- Every Friday and Saturday are weekend holidays in the Kingdom for government sectors and most of the private sectors, While few private companies only Friday as weekend holiday.
- Most of the private sectors will provide 4 days holidays as per Saudi labor law for each eid, that is for Eid-Al-Fitr (Ramadan Eid) and Eid-Al-Adha (Bakrid). Related : Leaves for Expats as per Saudi Labor Law
- Few private sectors will follow their own company norms for providing holidays on Eid's, But the mandatory holiday will be on Eid or 1 day before Eid, Remaining all holidays will be added as overtime for the workers.
- Every year Saudi Arabia's National Day will fall on September 23rd, So every 23rd September is a public holiday in KSA. Similar : National Day Holiday on Week Day
- InShaAllah! Ramadan for the current year starts from 16th May of 2018 and ends on June 14th 2018 following Eid Al Fitr on June 15th. See Also : Ramadan in Saudi Arabia
- InshaAllah! this year 2018, Arafat day will be on 20th August and Bakrid or Eid-Al-Adha will fall on next day that is 21st August.
- National for the current year 2018 will be on 23rd September. Read Also : Hijri Calendar
EID-AL-FITR (RAMADAN) HOLIDAYS FOR 2018(1439):
14th June 2018 to 19th June 2018 ( Friday + 4 DAYS)
EID-AL-ADHA (BAKRID) HOLIDAYS FOR 2018(1439):
20th August 2018 to 25th August 2018 (4 DAYS + Friday + Saturday)
SAUDI NATIONAL DAY HOLIDAY FOR 2018(1439) :
23rd September 2018 (1 DAY)