Posted by : Aahil Shaik Feb 17, 2018
1000 SAUDI WOMEN DRIVERS SIGN UP FOR CAREEM IN THE KINGDOM
More than Thousand Saudi women are registering to train with Careem ride hailing app in Saudi Arabia after the lifting of women's driving ban last year. Recommend : Careem referral code
Careem have millions of users in Saudi Arabia, Now this ride hailing app will train the prospective women drivers in the country. As the unemployment rate in the Kingdom is 12.8% last year and it is 80% for Saudi women. Read : Taxis to be in control in Saudi Arabia
- Careem co founder said, We are very excited about this year's June, As it is a big milestone for Saudi Arabia and we are training female drivers and hope to get nearly 100,000 female captains with in a year starting from June.
- Careem has already started its training for women, who have abroad driving licenses and available in Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Khobar. Trending : Airport pickups banned for Careem & Uber
- Careem is currently operating its services in 13 countries and the worth of the company is 1 Billion dollars. In Saudi Arabia Careem wishes to employ 100,000 Saudi women as part of its expansion in the market.
- Saudi Arabia does not have public transportation system, It created opportunities for Careem and Uber to expand in the Kingdom. Most Viewed : New penalties on traffic violations
- Saudi Arabia has permitted women to drive for the first time from June 2018 after the royal decree issued by Saudi Arabia's King Salman in September 2017.