- Back to Home »
- NEW TRAFFIC PENALTIES FOR VIOLATORS IN SAUDI ARABIA
UPTO SR 6000 FINE FOR CROSSING RED SIGNAL IN KSA
As per the new amendments in Traffic law, The penalties and fines of SR 1000 to 2000, SR 3000 to 6000, SR 5000 to 10,000 on 21 various traffic violations and it is going to effect from next week in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Recommend : New amendments in Traffic Law
Penalty of SR 1000/- to SR 2000/- :
- Stopping the vehicle on the railway track.
- Carrying passengers in the vehicle more than limit mentioned in the Istimara(Vehicle registration card).
- Hiding the vehicle number plate. See Also : Expats not allowed to work in Careem and Uber
- Fail to wear helmet while using motor cycle.
- Seizing the Istimara or driving license of another person or using it on mortgage.
Penalty of SR 3000/- to SR 6000/- including vehicle seize for below traffic violations :
- For crossing the red signal Read this : No big vehicle for small families of expats
- Using wrong number plate on vehicle
- Overtaking the school bus while the students are getting off or getting in the bus.
- Failed to stop the vehicles at the check points when security officials asked.
- Using accessories of emergency vehicles or any official vehicles.
- Tampering the road signs, poles and reflectors. Similar : Fine for using cell phone while driving
- Using obscene stickers or posters which are against public behavior in the society.
Penalty of SR 5000/- to SR 10,000/- including vehicle seize for below traffic violations :
- Attempt to cover or destroy the features of vehicle.
- Drunk and drive or using drugs while driving. Related : Penalty for eating while driving the vehicle
- carrying any activities on the road without proper permission from the concerned authorities.
Penalty of SR 10,000/- including Three months Jail term :
- Fail to stop at the accident involved case and fail to inform the concerned department and provide possible help for the injured.