Posted by : Aahil Shaik Wednesday, October 12, 2016
NEW RULES ON TAXIS IN THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
Ministry Of Transport in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is moving forward to control and reduce the number of taxis with inappropriate appearances, traffic violations and those taxis wandering around the roads for searching customers.
- Taxi cars with inappropriate appearance can fine SR 700/-, Taxis who refuse for the service can fine SR 300/-, Taxis who Takes passengers to different destinations than specified will face a fine of SR 1000/-. Recommend : Expats ban to work in Careem Uber
- Taxis with traffic violations will be seized till they clear the violations, Similarly, Poor condition taxis will be seized till they repaired.
- Taxis should not be used more than 6 years starting from the manufacturing date. 2010 model cars using as taxis can be allowed upto the end of this year 2016. Related : Get free ride with Careem taxi
- Cars that have valid road license can run their taxis till the end of the license period. Cars that are not allowed to use as taxis can convert their cars into private vehicles after registration in concerned department with a fee. New : 60 plus year Expat employee can be counted as two expats
- One company cannot own more than 50 cars. As per the reports 400 companies in Jeddah owns 40,000 taxis, 35,000 taxis in Riyadh and 25,000 taxis in Dammam. Similar : Saudi Arabia new fines for traffic violations
- Taxis which are not linked with Wasil portal will not b allowed to use as taxi starting from this year November. Similarly private limousine users have given 3 months time to be linked with one of the 14 authorized app based service companies. Trending : Retirement age in Saudi Arabia as per labor law