Posted by : Aahil Shaik Tuesday, October 10, 2017
SAUDI COURT HANDED 12 MONTHS JAIL & 20,000 SR FINE FOR CAT KILLER
Saudi Court in Jeddah slashed a man with 12 months jail term and a penalty of 20,000 Saudi Riyals for killing a cat, the accused person became viral in social media as cat-killer.
A video clip of gun toting man on street cats in Jeddah neighborhood became viral in social media with a hashtag of 'We want to punish the cat killer'.
- The night footage of the viral video clip showed a number of cats are tortured by being shot on them, The clip upset most of the viewers in social media and they demand to punish the man behind it.
- Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture promised that it would investigate on the viral video and will take required action, Ministry demanded with security forces to take immediate action on the man in order to stop cat killing.
- Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and Governor of Makkah also ordered police to catch the culprit behind it and take legal action against the cat killer.
- Jeddah Court verdict the accused man with a 12 months jail term and a fine of SR 20,000 for cat killer, Upon the accused appeal, the public prosecutor said the punishment is light.
- However, any of the party are eligible to file appeal petition within 30 days after receiving the copy of the verdict.