- Back to Home »
- KHOBAR BECOME THE FIRST CITY TO HAVE 5G NETWORK
AL KHOBAR CITY HAS BECOME THE 1st CITY IN MENA REGION TO HAVE 5G NETWORK
Saudi Arabia's Al Khobar city from Eastern Province has become the first city in the MENA region to benefit from a pilot project on the 5G network (5th Generation wireless network). Trending : One riyal notes to disappear soon from Saudi market
The project was implemented on the first week of Ramadan, a move welcomed by a specialized agency of the United Nations, who was responsible for dealing with issues concerning information and communications technology worldwide. Most Viewed : Saudi man arrested for teaching daughter how to smoke
- As per the report released by ITU (Information Telecommunication Union), Kingdom praised for adopting latest technology and said the project was launched soon after Saudi Arabia's National ICT regulator and CITC (Communications and Information Technology) issued licenses for testing 5G mobile network using 100 MHz channels in the bandwidth of 3.6Ghz to 3.8Ghz.
- CITC plans to make the test and trial licenses to full and exclusive 5G spectrum awards in 3.4Ghz to 3.8Ghz by mid of 2019. The Saudi Government has long recognized the importance of broadband communications and the potential benefits of 5G technologies now fit well into the Kingdom's plan to build a leading modern economy as outlined in the Saudi Vision 2030. Read : Report bad quality products on toll free number
- Saudi Arabia is determined to be a world leader in 5G to take early advantage of its benefits. Kingdom had been working tirelessly to bring the 5G network, Now Saudi Arabia has become one of 1st countries to provide and activate it so it can take early advantage of the gains from it.
- All the required national 5G policies and supporting administrative provisions are planned to be in place till mid of 2019, along with the award of initial of spectrum to support the full commercial deployment of 5G technologies. See Also : National address must be updated by everyone